Sign in to follow this  
Madrigal

Confirmed New Costumes!

So it appears, not only will Jessica get new outfits, but so will Angelo, Red, and the Hero

There is a second trailer that is out that shows this which is totally awesome.

My thoughts -

Angelo as a samurai looks completely awesome and there is a picture of him on his knees in front of Jessica.  Not sure if that is a user picture they put together or part of a cutscene where Angelo proposes to Jessica.  This costume and the other probably seem to be tied to alchemy.

The new Jessica outfit looks similar to the divine bustier but it doesn't look all that impressive, but still a new look is always appreciated.

The Hero's new outfit looks like an Arabian prince outfit all white, almost like Aladdin?  It looks pretty cool!

Red's is on of a pirate which looks pretty sweet, I'm kind of wondering if maybe after defeating Captain Crow you can obtain that new outfit.  I noticed it seemed to tie in a move where she was commanding pirates to fire canons at an enemy which really looked awesome.

I didn't see any new outfits for Yangus or Morrie, hopefully they will at least get one as well.

The last and most surprising moment for me was seeing Marcello dressed in black standing along in some bluish cavern.  So it seems that we may also get more content with Marcello which would be great.  Maybe we can find out what happened to Marcello after Neos...accordingly it seems like there will be even more content to unlock once you finish the game....

This game just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter!

• Upvote 1

As much as I'm sick and tired of ports and remakes, this latest trailer has piqued my interest. I almost wish a "DQVIII-2" of sorts would've been DQXI. Could've been a decade later, Jahagaros as a new looming threat. Not just adding to an already established story, but an entirely new one altogether. But hey, it sure is better than nothing.

I would suspect (and hope) that the outfit changes mean that appearance changes with any new equipment, much like with DQIX and DQX. I just wish this was coming by way of console...graphics are going to suffer.

"C'est la vie, I suppose." - Angelo

With all these developments, I may have to finally get around to typing out some of my fanfic. That way if any of my ideas are similar to the new DQ8 content, no one can say that I'm just copying what was already done. But then, I'd pretty much be SE, haha!

• Upvote 2

I downloaded the trailer from the region-locked youtube page and uploaded to the Den's Facebook page https://t.co/yFN73pRTWE

and to here on the Den

http://www.woodus.com/den/mediaplayer/index.php?flvgrp=dq83ds&file=dq83ds_trailer_002.mp4&subdir=movie

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Marcello appearing in the trailer wearing a black outfit.

@Brigham - I really couldn't agree with you more, I kind of almost wished they would have saved Jahagaros for a DQ-VIII-2 spin-off maybe 8 years later...there would be so much more room for character development...and actually in this sequel maybe Bangerz could be the new protagonist with his side kick Mash.  I really can't complain about this update, it just keeps getting better and better.  Now this is what we get...

1.) Red & Morrie are now playable...

2.) New costumes

3.) More background on the Hero and Dhoulmagus.

4.) New Monsters/Items

5.) New Dungeon with an ultra difficult boss.

6.) New Party Chat dialogues and I'm sure we will learn more about Red and Morrie now...but I'm also wondering if we will get more info about Brains too since he is so close to Red and Yangus.

7.)Ability to snap pictures.

8.( Possible more material upon finishing.?

You know what I want to see... but I'm hoping maybe Ragnar and Torneko may become playable too after being unlocked since they are at Morrie's monster pit.

Edited by Madrigal

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Marcello appearing in the trailer wearing a black outfit.

Hey...Marcello appeared in the trailer wearing a black outfit.

There...it's been mentioned :thumbsup:

Going into speculatives, maybe after losing the power he was gaining through Rhapthorne and the sceptre, he embarked on his own journey to reclaim that awesome power he possessed so briefly. And maybe the solution is to find Jahagaros to regain that lost power.

Purely hypothetical. But I did intend to use a similar plot construct in my version of events following the game.

• Upvote 2

@Brigham - I added more to my post above...  What you have said actually sounds believable since now Marcello has had a taste of that power, he wants it now.  That seems most believable...but it very well could be that Marcello has an epiphany and becomes a good guy and joins the party later?  I doubt that though, but that too would be interesting.  Marcello is a really interesting character, I could see him easily gaining influence in other places.

The outfit that Kukule/Angelo requires the Water Robe, Crimson Robe, and some sort of fan it looks like not found in the original game. It's all kanji so I don't know how to read that. Jessica wears a Shiny Tutu, and the Hero wears a Gothic Mitre. I used a Japanese dictionary to read these.

Edited by Winter

I really hope Morrie and Yangus don't get left in the cold as far as costumes go.  I like Marcello's new look too.

It would be nice if all equipment was visible on the characters.

• Upvote 1

The outfit that Kukule/Angelo requires the Water Robe, Crimson Robe, and some sort of fan it looks like not found in the original game. It's all kanji so I don't know how to read that. Jessica wears a Shiny Tutu, and the Hero wears a Gothic Mitre. I used a Japanese dictionary to read these.

Is Kukule actually shown wearing the transparent and very ethereal water robe? Where can I see him? :D

LoL!  :)

That would be hilarious!

Hate to burst your bubble Cesar but it's probably very conservative when he does wear it. You can always have someone draw it though.

Hahahaha, not that I would expect them to actually show anything, but you are right. A drawing may not be out of place. :)

All art is a form of expression :)

I showed a friend of mine who reads kanji better than I do and we took a crack at trying to guess the name of the outfit. It's something like White Crescent or White wind something something. I know that's not very helpful but oh well. I hope it's at least good.

I showed a friend of mine who reads kanji better than I do and we took a crack at trying to guess the name of the outfit. It's something like White Crescent or White wind something something. I know that's not very helpful but oh well. I hope it's at least good.

It'll probably be localized as the Blanco Blanket.

This makes me want a localized name prediction contest...

白波の衣

Robe of the white tipped waves.

Translation prediction: Hakusai Robe

• Upvote 1

..yeah. as usual with what ever team translates DQ games.  幸ã„ã«ã‚‚日本語ãŒå°‘ã—分ã‹ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

• Upvote 1

..yeah. as usual with what ever team translates DQ games.  幸ã„ã«ã‚‚日本語ãŒå°‘ã—分ã‹ã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

You seem upset about that. :P

It's not just that, the translation makes the series seem like a gag manga. I know DQ have funny moments but to many puns, name changes and script changes make it feel like you are playing one big joke adventure.

It feels like DQ was randomly selected, sadly. just think if they tried that with FF, it would only last one game before fans got sick of it. 

Anyways, I can't wait to see the rest of the new costumes.

I did, but I was on Tumblr at the time. Lol!