Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Contest #137 - Gabo's #QuestToTheWest

DQForTheWest_Logo2.png

Welcome to the fourth campaign in a series of contests called "Dragon Quest for the West".  The purpose of these contests is to create a social media firestorm with the intention of increasing awareness of the Dragon Quest series and getting the attention of the series' creators and other parties who have the power (but not yet the incentive) to bring these games to the west.

Your mission in this contest is to create an advertisement for Dragon Quest VII, focused on Gabo!

dw7-gabo.jpg

Each entrant has to come up with at least one piece of art done in the concept of an advertisement for DQ7 using Gabo.  The sky is the limit, anything you can think of. 

Are you a lousy artist who thinks this contest is not for you?  Well don't run away just yet!  There are plenty of options for you to not only participate in this contest, but also to win!  Instead of a drawing or a beautifully Photoshopped design, you could try doing some cosplay and taking photos.  Or you could even make a video advertisement of sorts.  You could even just partner up with someone and help them out in some way.  Both of you will earn badges!  The winning advertisement will receive a twitter blast and all kinds of glory*. 

* - glory is the eye of the beholder

Enough of the preamble, here are the juicy details:

1) Submit your advertisement to me via private message or directly in this topic if you prefer
2) Submit as many advertisements as you have the time to create, and feel free to work with others
3) You have until Saturday, August 15th 2015 to make your submissions
4) Submissions will be voted on by the community to determine the winner
5) All submissions will be tweeted out during the contest period under the hashtag #QuestToTheWest
6) The winning advertisement will get an especially focused twitter blast

In case you missed the Arus campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

In case you missed the Maribel campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

In case you missed the Keifer campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

I need a cartoonist

I need a cartoonist

Hire this guy.

Here's our first submission.

19bf320c7ba217b088d153b4883754b0.jpg

If you're loving our mystery submitter's #QuestToTheWest submissions using awesome quotes from DWVII itself, feel free to find a great quotes.

There's a topic on the Den where our very own AerynB is working on a really cool text dump version of DWVII.  I believe she's definitely more than halfway done, and with 300+ pages, I bet you can find a good quote in there somewhere to use!

*crickets chirping*

Edited by Plattym3

So, I don't know what happened or what hashtag we're supposed to use.  Heck I won the hashtag contest and I'm still confused.  I've just been copying and pasting the directions and it says #QuestToTheWest.  But the image up there and the other submission says #QuestForTheWest.  Geeze.  Whatever.  Here's an either-or submission!

I like the quote one. But it makes it look like all the caves are actually "Eastern". Unless we have our own prior knowledge that Japan is the "far East".

I like the quote one. But it makes it look like all the caves are actually "Eastern". Unless we have our own prior knowledge that Japan is the "far East".

I never noticed that.  You're 100% correct though.

There's exactly 1 week left to get any entries in.  Don't send them all at once!   :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I wonder if I could use my DQ VII art poster that has Gabo in it plus everyone else lol

I wonder if I could use my DQ VII art poster that has Gabo in it plus everyone else lol

Yeah. Modify it a little and throw the hashtag on there. Boom!

2 days remain.  Anyone else?

Damn, I've got a good idea for an entry. Too bad I have no way of taking screenshots (of the top screen) on my 3DS...

Love the Tween Wolf good job :thumbsup::)

Thanks! I bet you do recognize the original pose. :)

Hero, how do photographs look? Wouldn't they do the job? If you bring the 3D effect down it should be good enough, shouldn't it?

Thanks for the entries!  Time to move on to the next DQVII contest!

Sign in to follow this