Any Dragon Quest IX Speedrunners?

I'm going to go under the impression that this topic has already been discussed and I'm just late...
Honestly, any runner of any Dragon Quest is fine with me.

Would someone be a gentlemen and point me in the right direction of more Dragon Quest Speedrunners?

Oh boy, lol.  Um, sure, what can I help you with?

The oh boy has to do with the number of elements and potential questions you could possibly ask.  There's a lot of elements to consider, and possibilities!

There's also a question of solo speedrun or party speedrun.  Then class possibilities.  Either staying in the same class the whole way (easier with a party, almost impossible solo after a point), or switching to at least one other class for some extra skill point gains (or abusing the fact that three of the base classes use Swords, meaning they can all take full advantage of the bonuses and skill sets to make quick skill point gains more feasible without excess battling).

Um, equipment and point distribution concepts and options.  When and if to dump into shields....

Luck factors in battle, and of course, when to pick up stuff, when not to, and when and if to potentially use alchemy, and when not to (best option is for herbs, and herbs only, but only solo...not group).

Then finally, boss tactics...

Edited by ignasia7

Recently on twitch I see a lot of DQ IX speedrunners, so just type in "Dragon Que" in the search area every time you're on twitch and you'll find them

Add "Light Speed Champion" to topics or searches and you'll find them.  There's an in-game accolade with that title for beating the game within 12 hours.

Add "Light Speed Champion" to topics or searches and you'll find them.  There's an in-game accolade with that title for beating the game within 12 hours.

If technically you beat the main game in longer time, you don't get the accolade and cannot 100% the game?  :????:

Edited by wintermute

If technically if you beat the main game in longer time, you don't get the accolade and cannot 100% the game?  :????:

That's not how it works.  End-game accolades are one-time specific, based on certainly conditions.  It's really a "choose-one" and aim for that goal in the end-game.  Realize that certain accolades overwrite others (speed based, either faster or slower playthroughs).

It is 100% impossible to obtain all accolades because of these conditions, so it's nothing to worry about.  Really, it's, if you really want Lightspeed as your end-game accolade for the main game, then you just have to keep playing until you've gotten a finish in under 11:59.

Right, the end game accolade is different depending on a series of conditions, but you only get one for your "First Time Completion."

Here's some insight into some of them.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/55621056?page=1

Technically you could multiplay into the game of someone who's beaten it, when you have around 14000 gold, and buy a Falcon blade at their Stornway post-game weapons store.  Then you'd have a distinct battle advantage from the beginning.

Goddess rings would be a good thing to have early, as well, but unless you have access to a DQVC download featuring one or more of them, you may have to get them the old-fashioned way through alchemy, later in the game:

1 Life Ring + 1 Sainted Soma + 1 Gold Bar

Gold Bars (blue chest) and Sainted Soma (a series of alchemy recipes) are tough to come by, early on.

You might be able to get a goddess ring from chests or quests, but I don't entirely remember.

Edited by Liamland