Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

Cover art revealed. Also, Loto's Sword is first print bonus.

Personally, the things bothering me on the cover are first Dhoulmagus' face is abit pale(?) and I hope maybe they either give it a transparentness or make it more white. It just has too much interlacing artwork and needs an area slightly different (and his face would be perfect). Maybe give him a slight alteration in the face to seem more crazy (wider eyes or lower his eyes; or adjust the mouth to slightly wider proportion, like his chuckle). Another thing is the castle is hinted at in the background, just being the tips of the tower. It's too is washed out. I would of loved, I don't know, some different angling. Make it seem what it is....a den of sadness, frozen in time. It would not need to be lowered much, just enough to give that feeling. Like when in the game you arrived and the gloomful music overtakes you; realizing the true weight of the hero's quest, the terror capitulated on the retainer's faces.

My thought would be make Dhoulmagus semi-transparent or fade out slightly, with the castle's outlay and thorns follow in the areas slightly and become more prominent on the full left side of the cover.

Also the She-slime might need to repostion as well (not from the lineup but just angle her not so parallel to Yangus' head). Actually they might need to fix that with the entire team. I mean, the Hero's leap is awesome. However the cast is so perfectly lined up. Maybe make a slight adjustment so the image doesn't follow the exactness. The original cut off parts, but it gave the whole sense and, in that respect, made it more natural as things do not line up neatly hardly.

I don't mind the missing Angelo (who you'd know join after a certain point, but was questionable in some regards and allowed focus on his character backstory) and two new additional party members being off the front cover. It doesn't lay out all the options at the beginning, which is great for new players. What is wrong is there is no Munchie! Seriously, he had so much influence in the game he deserves the cover art. Also he is there during the whole game. First part? Munchie running up to the Hero.

I really liked the original's artwork cover since it gave the sense of exploration, fitting so well with the theme of "To a Vast/Strange World".

However change can be good.I agree, they should have put Angelo, Munchie, along with Red & Morrie on the cover art since they are playable too (NOt munchies).

I could be thinking about a different game, maybe DQ IX, but couldn't you already get Loto's Sword near the end game except it was a rusty sword and had to be repaired using the alchemy pot?

I could be thinking about a different game, maybe DQ IX, but couldn't you already get Loto's Sword near the end game except it was a rusty sword and had to be repaired using the alchemy pot?

That's DQIX. DQVIII's Rusty Sword becomes the Liquid Metal Sword.

That's DQIX. DQVIII's Rusty Sword becomes the Liquid Metal Sword.

Thank you Psi, I had a feeling I was mixing them up but couldn't remember for sure.