Dragon Quest VII and VIII 3D to west maybe?

SE would be dead without DQ.

This is true! But they've managed to make it so far by focusing DQ in Japan with foreign markets as an afterthought. Horii (represeted as Armor Project) is a contract employee of SE. If the games were being translated, he would certainly be involved, but what he says or doesn’t say has no impact on whether the games actually come out or not.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is 100% nail on the head. He doesn't just drop something like that with a shrug and a whim in ignorance. He's Yuji-freaking-Horii-san. If he says it's coming in French, A) it is, and B) it's not

If i was SE i would do a combo pack of both 7 and 8 as a single release.  There isn't much that needs to be done for DQ8 3ds out west other than some translations and voice acting recording of the new

Remember that Horii holds a very unique position of power within the company. Anything and everything requires his stamp of approval, so he's your best source. Journalists, stop being dicks on Twitter

SE would be dead without DQ.

This is true! But they've managed to make it so far by focusing DQ in Japan with foreign markets as an afterthought. Horii (represeted as Armor Project) is a contract employee of SE. If the games were being translated, he would certainly be involved, but what he says or doesn’t say has no impact on whether the games actually come out or not.
That's my last remaining fear. He said something that isn't being done to maybe force their hand. And they won't do it.

They can easily financially survive without DQ in the West.

I think he meant in Japan.
Of course he meant that. But then his argument is completely invalid. I mean, it's not like Horii is going to refuse to make DQ games because Squeenix didn't one time take his suggestion and release a couple world wide.

I'm just pointing out the reality here. There's a good chance we're getting those games, but flat out guaranteeing it's a done deal is just irresponsible. And claiming that the entire company is going to shift positions on that just because of an offhand comment by Horii is just not intelligent.

Be 90% excited.

Edited by Plattym3

You guys are actually so frightened it's not true, that you've already argued yourselves out of believing it was an announcement phrased in a manner that clearly indicates it's already a done deal, Horii is just spilling it before the company wanted to.  Coming up with any remotely plausible element to fill that fear with some solid ground of truth, so you feel more comfortable trapped in your closet, afraid the light at the end of the tunnel is a farce, and the only light you see is the reflection of itself on the wall, and your grim need to stay trapped within your fear.

Alright.  I get it, burned, and not willing to trust until you see something 100% concrete.

I feel pretty bad for you guys.  That must be a hard life to lead inside your heads.  Just relax, take a breather, and if you're still fearing, do something else to keep your mind off of it.  When gooieooie finishes his project, then help spread it in whatever way you feel like it.

Cheers though guys, just remember to breath, then check out the light.  Never know, you might find the reflection is false, and the source is a real source.

• Upvote 1

Based Horii doing what SE couldn't do for the past two years: Announcing the localization of 7 and 8. That being said, rip the DQM remakes

Were the Monsters remakes any good though?

They're really good. It would be a crime to localize 7 and 8 but not the monsters games.

However, don't get cocky. I think now, possibly more than ever, good fan promotions are even more important. Is the Twitter campaign still going on?

THAT is what I like to hear.  I'm too busy now with FAQ writing and book writing, but I'll help with any email campaign I can.  Post it to the facebook wall, or send in stuff to the youtube channel.

I'm still not entirely convinced but this is a very good sign. Kind of odd that horii went from â€were thinking of it" to "it's happening" in a couple of hours. I'm just worried that it was a sort of translation error

I'm still not entirely convinced but this is a very good sign. Kind of odd that horii went from â€were thinking of it" to "it's happening" in a couple of hours. I'm just worried that it was a sort of translation error

I'm not worried about it being a translation error as much as it being him getting ahead of himself in the moment and saying something that may not entirely be accurate.

The "were thinking of it" was from a previous interview and has nothing to do with what was said yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

Famtisu wrote a coverage for Japan Expo and at the end of the DQ part, they mention this. I'd take it as legit.

If the part in which he says "in french" makes you doubt about an english release, remember that besides a couple of anime games everything that gets to Europe is at least translated to english. (German and France have laws that ban any content that hasnt been translated to their languages. Italy and Spain don't, but given DQH is multi-5, i'd assume these two too)

Famtisu wrote a coverage for Japan Expo and at the end of the DQ part, they mention this. I'd take it as legit.

If the part in which he says "in french" makes you doubt about an english release, remember that besides a couple of anime games everything that gets to Europe is at least translated to english. (German and France have laws that ban any content that hasnt been translated to their languages. Italy and Spain don't, but given DQH is multi-5, i'd assume these two too)

That's not true at all. Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Although anything is possible, I'd say it's damn near outside of the realm of possibility that any Dragon Quest game would be released in French only.  In fact, if DQ7 gets a French release with no English, I'll eat my mouse and keyboard and post pics.

• Upvote 1

Although anything is possible, I'd say it's damn near outside of the realm of possibility that any Dragon Quest game would be released in French only.  In fact, if DQ7 gets a French release with no English, I'll eat my mouse and keyboard and post pics.

It won't be french only.  SE won't make a profit off that especially with the high cost of translating a large game.  That would be like SE deciding to release  DQ7 and DQ8 remake as mobile only.  Which profit wise won't happen. It'll come out here.

Based Horii doing what SE couldn't do for the past two years: Announcing the localization of 7 and 8. That being said, rip the DQM remakes

Were the Monsters remakes any good though?

They're really good. It would be a crime to localize 7 and 8 but not the monsters games.

It wouldn't be a crime to localize 7 and 8. Watch how you word things before SE reads your comment and misinterprets it to use as an excuse to not localize games.

I am hopeful, but I won't put all my faith into this until we get an official announcement. I can't trust Square.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

If it is released in English? Maybe.

Do NOT get your hopes up, yall.

My Mom speaks fluent French. I'll ask her to read me all the text. :laugh:

Really? Where is your mother from or did she just learn to speak French?  I lived in the UK for 2 years as a child and learned a lot while I was there plus my grandmother is French/Italian.

If the game is released in French, I can read enough to where I can figure out what they are talking about.  I'm still currently trying to increase my fluency though.

This is what worries me about this news.

So many people getting hyped for nothing.

This is what worries me about this news.

So many people getting hyped for nothing.

SE is not going to waste that kind of money and only restrict where its released at. If they wanted to do that they would it mobile only.

It had an English/NA release slated. The problem with it was none of the three countries who got the game actually liked it so they saw no point to finish the English/NA one and have yet-another-country not buy the game and dislike it.

Is the Austrailian one in English?

The entire game is in English. Raymond's voice actor is from the United States and voiced Leon in Resident Evil 4. Other then publish it there was nothing else that needed to be "finished." And the reason it didn't come out in the U.S. was because it came out quietly and had poor sales. Poor sales doesn't mean no one liked it.

Platty says that he's at %50 hopefulness.  I'm at a solid %80 after this news from yesterday which is good considering I was at %10 before that.  And that %10 was really only an obligatory "anything can happen" %10.

• Upvote 1

I really doubt that they'd release it in French only. Just seems like a waste, especially when they are trying to make a push in the west with DQ Heroes. This just happened at an event held in France.

Not saying that it's 100% happening, but I think the "france only" scenario is not likely.

What DarkBaramos said, basically. I'd be more shocked if it came out in France alone than his words being mispoken.

Edited by Fates

O

I'd like to believe but being burned thr last 25 years with no DQ out West and then coming back and then leaving, kinda will accept an official trailer or statement from SE. If it does come out West, great news, Horii convinced SE rathet than SE wanting to spend more money trying yo make DQ popular out West again. Hope we also get DQ Slime 3 and Tara and Terrys wonderland. At least throw us more bones SE.

You make it sound like we haven't seen a new Dragon Quest game since 1990. Where have you been? So the release of Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2, the Game Boy remakes, Dragon Quests 7, 8, and 9, the DS remakes, Jokers 1 & 2, and the mobile ports didn't happen. I'm sorry, but I have to call BS.
Honestly, its be what 6 years since we've seen a last DQ game released out West?? Lets see since 1992, tilll 2001, FF VI, VII, VIII and IX were making Squaresoft millions, while Enix were rueing in there failure to release V, VI and DQ I, 2 and 3 SNES remakes. I honestly have no idea why Enix wanted to release VII out West, when the PS2 was being released, bit glad it got released woth the GBa games too, but then SE had merged and no DQ localization news until DQIV DS news in 2007. Seems it takes Enix 7-8 years to retry to kickstart the series out West and we the fans suffer for it, becauae rhey can't be happy that 100K sales for DQ would be considered great for Xseed, NISA, and Atlus type games.

Edit: I'm 30% hopeful that the series is being developed in English, for all we know this could be NOE leadinf the charge for publishing and not NOA or SE NA. Until I see a more official statement then I'll be somewhat pessimist.

Edited by nolbertos

O

I'd like to believe but being burned thr last 25 years with no DQ out West and then coming back and then leaving, kinda will accept an official trailer or statement from SE. If it does come out West, great news, Horii convinced SE rathet than SE wanting to spend more money trying yo make DQ popular out West again. Hope we also get DQ Slime 3 and Tara and Terrys wonderland. At least throw us more bones SE.

You make it sound like we haven't seen a new Dragon Quest game since 1990. Where have you been? So the release of Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2, the Game Boy remakes, Dragon Quests 7, 8, and 9, the DS remakes, Jokers 1 & 2, and the mobile ports didn't happen. I'm sorry, but I have to call BS.
Honestly, its be what 6 years since we've seen a last DQ game released out West?? Lets see since 1992, tilll 2001, FF VI, VII, VIII and IX were making Squaresoft millions, while Enix were rueing in there failure to release V, VI and DQ I, 2 and 3 SNES remakes. I honestly have no idea why Enix wanted to release VII out West, when the PS2 was being released, bit glad it got released woth the GBa games too, but then SE had merged and no DQ localization news until DQIV DS news in 2007. Seems it takes Enix 7-8 years to retry to kickstart the series out West and we the fans suffer for it, becauae rhey can't be happy that 100K sales for DQ would be considered great for Xseed, NISA, and Atlus type games.

Edit: I'm 30% hopeful that the series is being developed in English, for all we know this could be NOE leadinf the charge for publishing and not NOA or SE NA. Until I see a more official statement then I'll be somewhat pessimist.

If Europe is getting it then so will the US.  You don't translate it to english and only be in europe.

Edited by sounderfan84