Dragon Quest VII and VIII 3D to west maybe?

Yuji Horii just announced at Japan Expo that DQ7 and 8 are coming to France, so....... Western release announcement today?!?!?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jkermarrec/status/617331982809239553

Edited by Gold47
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is 100% nail on the head. He doesn't just drop something like that with a shrug and a whim in ignorance. He's Yuji-freaking-Horii-san. If he says it's coming in French, A) it is, and B) it's not

If i was SE i would do a combo pack of both 7 and 8 as a single release.  There isn't much that needs to be done for DQ8 3ds out west other than some translations and voice acting recording of the new

Remember that Horii holds a very unique position of power within the company. Anything and everything requires his stamp of approval, so he's your best source. Journalists, stop being dicks on Twitter

If it is released in English? Maybe.

Do NOT get your hopes up, yall.

• Upvote 1

Interesting.

But it's not comi... well maybe.

Never thought I'd see a maybe from you.
I always said it's not coming until someone says it is. It's like my personal belief that I'm always correct unless I'm proven wrong.

If he said... and this isn't a twitter rumor...

Big ifs. I mean, it's not reported here. http://www.destructoid.com/don-t-worry-dragon-quest-xi-isn-t-a-mobile-mmo-295329.phtml

Edited by Plattym3

If it is released in English? Maybe.

Do NOT get your hopes up, yall.

My Mom speaks fluent French. I'll ask her to read me all the text. :laugh:

• Upvote 2

I can't help but laugh at all the clickbait sites saying it's "confirmed" for the West currently, or that "French had to be said because they were in Paris, France" and it's "really English" but... it's finally leaving Japan. And I doubt it'd be French/Japanese-only, that makes no sense.

Likely Multi-5 (text-only, no non-English/Japanese voice acting) I guess.

Is the conference over? Can we get more amazing goods from Horii?

...I did kind of joke around with a friend months ago that I would play through the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy if DQ7 was ever announced here. Hoping he doesn't remember that one.

Did it even have voice acting in Japan? I don't think it did.

So of course it'd be text only, unless SE went and did another DQVIII PS2 in the west.

I can't help but laugh at all the clickbait sites saying it's "confirmed" for the West currently, or that "French had to be said because they were in Paris, France" and it's "really English" but... it's finally leaving Japan. And I doubt it'd be French/Japanese-only, that makes no sense.

...I did kind of joke around with a friend months ago that I would play through the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy if DQ7 was ever announced here. Hoping he doesn't remember that one.

So of course it'd be text only, unless SE went and did another DQVIII PS2 in the west.

Doesn't DQ 7 on 3DS have voice acting?  I thought that was one of the "extras" of the 3DS version?

Doesn't DQ 7 on 3DS have voice acting?  I thought that was one of the "extras" of the 3DS version?

DQ8 had voice acting. I don't recall hearing that 7 did.

Holy poop, Tiael is posting again :).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, so Platty, about that cake?

If it's released in Japan, which sure, has the most active fan base, sales would suggest that the UK and US buy more Dragon Quest games.  France for products all around, and cosplay...

Oh, and for a certain someone who lurks here from time to time, but who thinks Horii is a dick who doesn't love his fans:  really now...he seems to be pretty damn open about talking to all fans, Western and Eastern alike...world wide fans period.  Yeah, I'd say the man honours the people who love his work, as any artist would.

Anyway, Horii is awesome!

Oh, and $#!&...I see no clickbait sites being used Drack.  NOT ONE.  It's all legit sites...lesser known sites picked it up, but if Siliconera picks it up, it's real.  If Nintendolife does, it's bloody real as well.  Siliconera is enough to satisfy me.

• Upvote 1

Based Horii doing what SE couldn't do for the past two years: Announcing the localization of 7 and 8. That being said, rip the DQM remakes

Were the Monsters remakes any good though?

Edited by Helelos

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If it's released in Japan, which sure, has the most active fan base, sales would suggest that the UK and US buy more Dragon Quest games.  France for products all around, and cosplay...

Oh, and for a certain someone who lurks here from time to time, but who thinks Horii is a dick who doesn't love his fans:  really now...he seems to be pretty damn open about talking to all fans, Western and Eastern alike...world wide fans period.  Yeah, I'd say the man honours the people who love his work, as any artist would.

Anyway, Horii is awesome!Oh, and $#!&...I see no clickbait sites being used Drack.  NOT ONE.  It's all legit sites...lesser known sites picked it up, but if Siliconera picks it up, it's real.  If Nintendolife does, it's bloody real as well.  Siliconera is enough to satisfy me.

Hey, this potential news and my love for the series can get me to do a lot.

Granted, I've been lurking while not logged in for a while now.

Oh, and $#!&...I see no clickbait sites being used Drack.  NOT ONE.  It's all legit sites...lesser known sites picked it up, but if Siliconera picks it up, it's real.  If Nintendolife does, it's bloody real as well.  Siliconera is enough to satisfy me.

The clickbait in some sites is the headlines---the articles are real, mostly reposts of each other... but in this case I think it's justified.

I've found verification of everything in these articles except a US confirmation, but I think that's a given. I don't think France is a bustling DQ market to be the sole non-Japanese country to get it, lol.

It was at a french convention so of course he would say it in french.   They aren't going to do it in french only. That would be like doing it in english for mobile only. 

Here's a question would SE update DQ8 for mobile to include the additions from the 3ds version?

Extremely unlikely.  Maybe sometime in the future, but given their precedent to use the original Mobile version of 3, and even though it took them like 3 bloody months to handle it, they never added in anything, or tweaked it so there would be monster animations (or simply ripped the SFC animations and reconfigured them for the second mobile release?).  I'm going with highly unlikely, unless maybe they fire Wada entirely, and remove him from the mobile division, because HE is personally responsible for ALL mobile choices, and for all the lax bs in the mobile releases, and the incompetence shown on all levels of the mobile division.  About the only thing the man was good for, was his early days when he streamlined the development system and incorporated shared resources and team divisions to assure games were developed within specific groups with fewer crossovers, and thus less overall work for individual lower rung members of any one team.  This was more efficient, effective, but since then, he just lost it, and doesn't even know how to run teams after that fact.

So I'd wager, until Wada is entirely disposed of...or forced into retirement, he'll continue to assure the lowest quality he can get away with in mobile, while still assuring some level of quality to "make up" for what is missing or faulty, and the fact that fixes take like 2~5 years.  I'm about positive that the moment he's gone, the mobile division will produce much better results, be faster on the gun in fixing stuff, and we'll probably see other content added...like the DQ8 3DS content.

The clickbait in some sites is the headlines---the articles are real, mostly reposts of each other... but in this case I think it's justified.

I've found verification of everything in these articles except a US confirmation, but I think that's a given. I don't think France is a bustling DQ market to be the sole non-Japanese country to get it, lol.

Based Horii doing what SE couldn't do for the past two years: Announcing the localization of 7 and 8. That being said, rip the DQM remakes

Were the Monsters remakes any good though?

Yes! They fixed basically everything that DQMJ messed up.

Oh, you're right, France is and is not.

If you check the DQ games where they break down sales...all the first weeks, where the sales are actually still somewhat accurate, France is third to the US and UK.  UK sells about 1/3 of US sales, and comprises almost 60% of all DQ sales in the EU for some games, closer to 40% for others (still the highest grossing and highest sales in the EU).  France is almost always 3rd in sales overall.  Germany is right on France's heels.

The difference is that the French, when it comes to being fans, are avid and open to just showcasing how much they love Japanese products.  They're easily the most active of all the fanbases.  I really wish we had the same level of enthusiasm as they do, and the same number of expos regarding anime and cosplay that they do, but we're catching up, slowly, but we are.  For the number of sales though, in general, France really is pretty damn active.  Could even be per capita, they sell more there than here.  Plus, the main letter that was responded to, about 1 year ago now, was from a French fan.

So I think it's in recognition of the level of support and showmanship by the French.

Given sales...yeah, if it's released in France, it's definitely seeing an English, and likely a German translation.  English, definitely.

I'd like to believe but being burned thr last 25 years with no DQ out West and then coming back and then leaving, kinda will accept an official trailer or statement from SE. If it does come out West, great news, Horii convinced SE rathet than SE wanting to spend more money trying yo make DQ popular out West again. Hope we also get DQ Slime 3 and Tara and Terrys wonderland. At least throw us more bones SE.

Alright guys, I have to go finish off my DQ6 and 3 FAQs, then tackle my DQ7 faqs...then the 4 and 5 I'm still owrking on....damn, so much work.  I can do it though!

Cheers, have fun battling it out, and debating...and whatnot, whether an English release is coming.  OH, it's coming, but you'll see soon enough.  OH, it IS coming though.

HAHAHAHAHA!

All those who did not believe...BELIEVE!  Yes, I pulled a Naruto, or maybe a Shu, for those who've played Blue Dragon...NEVER GIVE UP!  BELIEVE!

Well that's exciting. Hoping for the best in terms of news, fingers crossed!

Oh, and Dragon Quest VII 3DS does NOT have voice acting FYI. (Zooms off)

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

You have all seen that Horii is on his way to Los Angeles next too, right? Maybe maybe maybe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm a better chef than a baker. Can I just eat some Humble Lasagna or Humble Cookies? Pie's a $#!&@ to roll dough and cake is fine until I can't decorate it to save my life.

Alright guys, I have to go finish off my DQ6 and 3 FAQs, then tackle my DQ7 faqs...then the 4 and 5 I'm still owrking on....damn, so much work. I can do it though!

Cheers, have fun battling it out, and debating...and whatnot, whether an English release is coming. OH, it's coming, but you'll see soon enough. OH, it IS coming though.

HAHAHAHAHA!

All those who did not believe...BELIEVE! Yes, I pulled a Naruto, or maybe a Shu, for those who've played Blue Dragon...NEVER GIVE UP! BELIEVE!

I'm excited for all of us. I love being wrong when it means I get DQ!

Well that's exciting. Hoping for the best in terms of news, fingers crossed!

Oh, and Dragon Quest VII 3DS does NOT have voice acting FYI. (Zooms off)

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS adds Zoom as a spell for Yangus?