timk1980

Who wants to play DQ X Offline (PC) in English? :)

I've heard that the offline portion was removed in one of the later updates. So, I was wondering...is this still useable? Am I going to need some kind of older client?

The offline mode was indeed removed from all platforms except the Wii.  Even if you buy an old Version 1 disk that has the offline mode files, the first thing the game will do is force an update that will patch the game and remove the offline mode.  Unfortunately the game checks for an Internet connection and won't run without one, so simply being connected to the Internet won't work either.

To restore the offline mode, someone will have to rig something up to either bypass the online check, or trick the game into thinking it's already up to date. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, Cranberry said:

The offline mode was indeed removed from all platforms except the Wii.  Even if you buy an old Version 1 disk that has the offline mode files, the first thing the game will do is force an update that will patch the game and remove the offline mode.  Unfortunately the game checks for an Internet connection and won't run without one, so simply being connected to the Internet won't work either.

To restore the offline mode, someone will have to rig something up to either bypass the online check, or trick the game into thinking it's already up to date. 

That's so bizarre. Does anyone know the reason why the extended offline campaign was removed?