Sign in to follow this  
timk1980

Who wants to play DQ X Offline (PC) in English? :)

Well, there's nothing we can do about that. Beg your mom for a computer, or get a job and buy one. I appreciate your enthusiasm about the project, but you need to stop downing this thread with complaints about how you can't play. There is absolutely nothing we can do about your situation.

Sorry, I'm just peeved at some trolls over at Roblox. They make your life hell.

I'm really liking the effort you're putting towards this, timk. Too bad all I can do is wait for you to say it's okay to upload these translations on youtube, 'cause that's the only way I'll be able to know what they're saying.

Our you could get the game. The PC trial lets you play at least the first offline portion for free. I don't know if it lets you play the second portion of offline, but if it doesn't you could buy the game. Offline mode didn't require a subscription.

PC trial let's you play the Offline Tutorial. You cannot access the Extended Offline Campaign with the PC trial. You need to have an subscription in order to play Offline Mode on PC.

I'm really liking the effort you're putting towards this, timk. Too bad all I can do is wait for you to say it's okay to upload these translations on youtube, 'cause that's the only way I'll be able to know what they're saying.

Our you could get the game. The PC trial lets you play at least the first offline portion for free. I don't know if it lets you play the second portion of offline, but if it doesn't you could buy the game. Offline mode didn't require a subscription.

PC trial let's you play the Offline Tutorial. You cannot access the Extended Offline Campaign with the PC trial. You need to have an subscription in order to play Offline Mode on PC.

You don't need a Subscription for extended Offline Campaign. Only Version 1 key at least like Erdrick sayed earlier 

Yeah, I let my subscription lapse because I'm not home enough to play it and make the money worth it, but I still play offline mode.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Tim will be unavailable for about a week at least, and unfortunately he's the only one who can build new patches. People are still encouraged to inform me of any script errors, and I can fix them in our database so they can be patched when Tim is back.

When I return to the alchemy house after clearing the Blue Shrine and get the Zoomstone from Lily, she says:

The zoomstone will transport you back to

this town with it's mysterious magic, and

can be used indefinitely.

The fourth word on the second line should be "its."

And, updated:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxc6PUFWfKMzcEFyRWI0QV8zX2c

It sounds like you didn't see the link, so I quoted it here for you. When Tim's back, I'll have him update the initial post. (He was going to do it before but he must have forgotten.)

Since this seems to be the translation thread...

Dqx translator

I spent a couple hours on this and is very crude.  Uses capture 2 text and google translate. 
Edited by dqfan5580

Thanks. I'm going to try this out later today. I haven't played in a while because of money issues, so I think this will scratch that itch for a while.

Good luck!

I'm on not vacation (technically I'm here for work) in Hawaii, so I haven't been able to work on any of my translation projects in a while. I don't know for sure what Tim's been up to, but I'm sure he hasn't abandoned the project. Before my trip, we were gearing up for online mode, but I don't know how long it will take because we have a lot more stuff to handle. We're also working on a couple other projects, including Fortune Street Special on PS2 (That one's mainly my project, but Tim was nice to help with some programming challenges.)

Just to echo what was said above, no I definitely haven't left forever. Over the past few months I've been doing a lot of business travel and just generally been busy with work overall, so haven't had much time to put a lot of thought into this.

I still would like to get something happening for the online portion, but the mountain I need to scale to even get started on it is a lot higher than it was for offline, so it will be some time.

I've been wanting to get involved in this but I'm not sure how to approach it from or what to look at or really where to start.

I work at a large, relatively well-known company as a development operations engineer and know a lot of Python, a reasonable amount of bash scripting, have worked with ansible, and have done packet examination and editing in the past for other games. I don't know how much of that would relate to what you're doing (most of it is used in the context of automated patching and installation), or if you even need any help at all on the coding side, but if you do I would be interested in at the very least learning how you set up the translation process for the offline mode.

You'll have to contact Tim about that. All I have to do with the project is translation and script editing. He did/does the hard work with X.

Bumping this thread as I feel it's important for everyone to have a chance to play DQX, even if only the offline mode.

Welp, I just recently got a Japanese Rosetta Stone Levels 1-3 brand new for only 20 bucks.  Usually these things cost up to 500 dollars depending.  I really should start using it eh. 

When I get through the ReadMe of this awesome translation project and and apply it, would any of you be apposed to me streaming this translation patch on Twitch? I thought it would be best if I asked for permission before going off and doing so without thinking.

I think last time Tim and I talked about it, we decided we were OK with it. Though I'd appreciate (and I'm sure Tim would too) if at the beginning of your LP/stream (doesn't have to be every episode, maybe in the description of each if you feel like it) you credit Narubia Translations for the english script. Although Tim and I did the most work (especially Tim), there were a few others that helped out here and there - and (I feel bad about this, but) I kinda lost track of who did what.

Also, you should put it on Youtube as well as Twitch, so I can watch it later. (I can't really schedule time to just sit and watch a livestream usually.)

I agree with everything Erdrick the Hero said.

Yes, please upload it on YouTube afterwards. I've been dying to know what the offline story is about.

I can most definitely do all of the above, :thumbsup: and I hope its satisfactory to anyone who watches it. :tounge2:  I'm going over the ReadMe a few times just so I don't miss anything crucial. Better safe then sorry right?

I can most definitely do all of the above, :thumbsup: and I hope its satisfactory to anyone who watches it. :tounge2:  I'm going over the ReadMe a few times just so I don't miss anything crucial. Better safe then sorry right?

The biggest thing is to just backup your data files before you start. As long as you do that, so you can replace them in case something goes wrong, you should be all right :)

Just completed the Tutorial area of the offline story and have uploaded it to YouTube. :) I'll be streaming and uploading the rest of the extended offline campaign later today and in the coming days/weeks. Hope everyone enjoys this as much as I am playing it! :wd_coolslime:

Hi everyone!!!! I'm amazed of what you've done!!! Unfortunately I can't make it work. Also I have a problem with my mouse and the game, so I can't play it. Do you have any ideas? Should I reinstall it?