Sign in to follow this  
timk1980

Who wants to play DQ X Offline (PC) in English? :)

If you check out the readme, I explain in a little more detail, but the most common usage, which should be done from the command line:

patcher patch patches.dat

Hopefully you've done it already anyway, but be sure to pull a backup of you .dat0 files first!

This is really amazing.

I never expected anyone to translate ANYTHING from DRAGON QUEST X.

I can't wait to try it out!!!

If you check out the readme, I explain in a little more detail, but the most common usage, which should be done from the command line:

patcher patch patches.dat

Hopefully you've done it already anyway, but be sure to pull a backup of you .dat0 files first!

Thanks alot i looked in the readme but i was to stupid to notice that there were the commands, just tought this were only to explain what the Patcher could do but anyway thanks alot for ur quick reply.

And of course the first ive done was to safe the whole folder just in case of future updates.

I found the readme very helpful, but I think perhaps people who aren't so used to reading readmes or doing command line will have trouble.  As a thought to make it as foolproof as possible, maybe if you put basic quickstart instructions at the top of the readme first, like

1. Copy files to ...content\data\ (or whatever it was)

2. Open cmd as admin

3. Type "patcher patch patches.dat"

and then after that you can list the stuff in detail.

But if you are making a GUI, I guess it doesn't matter.

Edited by mazoboom

So, I uploaded a new version of the patcher again.  There's a new .EXE in there called DqxPatcher, which is a GUI.  It's exceedingly no frills, with just a single button, but as long as you unzip everything in to the Game/Content/Data directory of DQX, it will request Admin permissions on it's own, and should work just fine.

I tested it just now on my own, and I think it works just fine :)

• Upvote 1

Don't forget to back up your data files! You need the originals to update the patch!

Alright, Cran! I'm looking forward to it.

Princess:  Anlucea

Pukuripo: Puklipo

Dwarf

Weddie

Ogre

Intermezzo  -->  Not sure what this is.  Not sure if it's someone's name or something.

It pretty much confirms most of the race names we already know but interesting to see that Pukuripo is officially "Puklipo" in English.  And the official name of the princes is Anlucea.

Intermezzo is the name of the song in all the Dragon Quests on the menu/file select screen.  What exactly is the book these names are in?  The score book?

Princess:  Anlucea

Pukuripo: Puklipo

Dwarf

Weddie

Ogre

Intermezzo  -->  Not sure what this is.  Not sure if it's someone's name or something.

It pretty much confirms most of the race names we already know but interesting to see that Pukuripo is officially "Puklipo" in English.  And the official name of the princes is Anlucea. 

Umm..........This is actually kinda old news for me. Square Enix's main site provides translations for the names of the races, and the DQX 2.0 OST listed the name of each track in both Japanese and English on the back of the box. One of those tracks is called "Brave Anlucea."

Here's the link with the race name translations. You have to scroll down a little bit and look above the character artwork for each race. The translation will be in a white font.

http://www.dqx.jp/info/tribe.php

Not sure what you expect me to say Mariosmentor.  Sorry that I did not scour every source material out there to ensure it was something you had not have seen before?

Not sure what you expect me to say Mariosmentor.  Sorry that I did not scour every source material out there to ensure it was something you had not have seen before?

Sorry if I came off as a bit rude. I was just observing at what appears to be Square Enix being consistent with whatever nouns they decide to translate. How 'bout I just crawl back into my hole and keep working on that online walkthrough?

Thank you so much for doing this! It's nice to have a much better idea of what's going on in the story.

In the extended offline campaign, when you accept Quest 1 from Serena in the Tavern to bring her Aggressence, the text in the quest log says, "a Aggressence." Again, when you make the Aggressence in the alchemy pot, it says you have made "a Aggressence." Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

Given how the game text works, that one unfortunately falls under the category of "things I can't really fix, and am not really worried about"

The text strings in question look something like, so I don't have a way to distinguish a/an.

You made a <%ITEM_NAME%>

• Upvote 1

How about, "You made <%ITEM_NAME%>."?

If you would like any help, feel free to reach out to me.

I was working on the DQVII3DS project which was canned, and would be interested in working on this.

I definitely am looking forward to this, thank you guys for your hard effort translating this game and making it playable for more people :) 

When I return to the alchemy house after clearing the Blue Shrine and get the Zoomstone from Lily, she says:

The zoomstone will transport you back to

this town with it's mysterious magic, and

can be used indefinitely.

The fourth word on the second line should be "its."

When I return to the alchemy house after clearing the Blue Shrine and get the Zoomstone from Lily, she says:

The zoomstone will transport you back to

this town with it's mysterious magic, and

can be used indefinitely.

The fourth word on the second line should be "its."

And, updated:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxc6PUFWfKMzcEFyRWI0QV8zX2c

I'm really liking the effort you're putting towards this, timk. Too bad all I can do is wait for you to say it's okay to upload these translations on youtube, 'cause that's the only way I'll be able to know what they're saying.

I'm really liking the effort you're putting towards this, timk. Too bad all I can do is wait for you to say it's okay to upload these translations on youtube, 'cause that's the only way I'll be able to know what they're saying.

Our you could get the game. The PC trial lets you play at least the first offline portion for free. I don't know if it lets you play the second portion of offline, but if it doesn't you could buy the game. Offline mode didn't require a subscription.

Library computer, remember? I need admin permission.