timk1980

Who wants to play DQ X Offline (PC) in English? :)

I also got an error extracting with both WinZip and WinRAR.  It did work with 7zip though, but I haven't tested to see if there are any file errors.

I've updated all links this morning, so hopefully they are working again.  Sorry for the troubles!

Thanks Tink. gonna try it out now. Read your readme, I honestly hope DQX gets announced for the west within a year, or the least before you begin that harrowing quest to do the Online.  I got a nice 5 dollar a month VPN set and ready to use for when it happens though.  

A few thoughts on the issue:

1) Though I don't like saying it, I am less than optimistic about us ever seeing a western release of X.  I'd jump for joy if we did, but am not betting on it.

2) If/when I get to working on the online stuff, I'm almost certainly going to do a phased approach, starting with menus, then items/spells, then generic text (shops/churches/etc).  Given the volume of work, it is doubtful how much story dialogue we'd be able to get done quickly enough to be really useful, though.  Without meaning any offense to anyone in particular, many folks come and go in spits and spats on these types of projects, and from how the offline stuff has gone, it's less than likely that there would be enough total manpower to get all the translating done in any reasonable time frame.

A few thoughts on the issue:

1) Though I don't like saying it, I am less than optimistic about us ever seeing a western release of X.  I'd jump for joy if we did, but am not betting on it.

2) If/when I get to working on the online stuff, I'm almost certainly going to do a phased approach, starting with menus, then items/spells, then generic text (shops/churches/etc).  Given the volume of work, it is doubtful how much story dialogue we'd be able to get done quickly enough to be really useful, though.  Without meaning any offense to anyone in particular, many folks come and go in spits and spats on these types of projects, and from how the offline stuff has gone, it's less than likely that there would be enough total manpower to get all the translating done in any reasonable time frame.

Yea I can understand that.  Welp I just finished Tutorial offline, but the game seems to lag at times for me, I wonder if its a specific setting I did in the options or the game doesnt like my particular GPU.  Can anyone tell me what each option and selection for the Video settings does since its all in question marks? Id like to try to fix this stutter that seems to happen, ive gotten 60 fps constantly np before.  Need to confirm if its my new GPU that is the issue. 

Id best look up that guide on how to purchase a registration key then. 

Also. I created videos of my entire run of the tutorial, if ya like me to upload them on youtube for ya to look over.  Once I can figure out how to buy a DQX game key to register, ill begin the offline campaign. 

Edited by Alexandrious

I've decided to announce that I'm making an online walkthrough for DQX on GameFAQs, complete with cutscene translations. I've already translated the entire Ogre starting area, the first scene in the Puklipo starting area, and the first two cutscenes involving a certain sage who eats beside you on the train. I haven't uploaded anything yet because I haven't been to a computer in some time, but I'll post a link when I can.

• Upvote 2

I have an actual patching tool put together now, which is a substantially smaller download than I was using for those whom I've exchanged PMs with.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxc6PUFWfKMzcEFyRWI0QV8zX2c/view?usp=sharing

As a reminder to anyone who wants to try this, backup your data files first, and know that you're doing this at your own risk.  I'm pretty confident that this works well, but it's early yet, so who knows.  Note that you will need .NET Framework 4.5 to run it, and it's a command-line app, so fairly cut and dry.  But it runs, quickly, and seems to work well.  Most importantly, everything included is only the new stuff that has changed, with basically nothing of the original (allaying possible concerns about IP)

Furthermore, this will be an important stepping stone if I ever want to try doing any kind of patching for the online stuff, though I'll probably need to improve the tool a bit to be even more resilient to the frequent updates.

• Upvote 2

Translation is good.  Course a few missing things as ya stated, saw a few errors and such but overall was able to understand and do everything. Finished the morning of the 9th.  I hope your efforts into the online portion goes well.  Sent you videos of all I went and done, ill likely do the same for online for ya if you ever get around to doing that.  

Excellent translation!

Finally got off my ass and tried it out.  Keep up the good work.

Excellent translation!

Finally got off my ass and tried it out. Keep up the good work.

Good to see you still float around here.

@ENIX, Alexandrious: Glad you both enjoyed the translation. I knew there were still errors, but Tim wanted to get this out as soon as possible because he'll be too busy soon (if not already) to work on it for a while. I took it upon myself to be the editor, but I hadn't finished checking the whole script for a spelling/grammar/consistency before Tim released it. (Hence the surprise.) I've done some more work on the script, but unfortunately I don't have access to the build tool or the server to build and upload a new version. It doesn't matter at the moment though because I'm at work until Friday and don't have access to a computer.

As Erdrick mentioned, I was busy (out of town for work), so unable to do much with this for a while.  I expect in the next few days to get an updated build put together however.  So sorry for the delays, but thanks to everyone who has been enjoying this meanwhile!

Do you want me to post some of the official Translation terms I found in the music book I ordered for DQX?

Official translation terms? I'd love to see them :)

I'm sure timk's not the only one who wants to know, because I do too!

Just tried this out on the trial version.  It is pretty great.  You seem to have it well in hand, but if you need any translation help, I am willing to help.

i want to play it but first i need to find the game sowhere can i find the game

Edited by solo

Play-Asia, Japanese Amazon, or the Japanese Square Enix online store. You'll need a Japanese credit card, Webmoney, or Rakuten to buy from the Square Enix store, but it's better to go with Amazon or Play-Asia as the Square Enix online store requires a Japanese address.

I'd like to make everyone aware that the patch has been updated again recently. Tim's back for a little while, and committed a bunch of changes I (and maybe others?) made to the script.

I'm also in the very early stages of looking at stuff for the online mode... it's going to be a while though, most of the important files don't compress down anywhere near well enough yet.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm really pleased that you guys manage to get it far enough to release. Sad that I didn't get to see it through myself, but glad it got done. 

Hi i like to thank u all for this awesome Patch u made there. But i have a problem with the patcher.exe when i try to start it it closes directly i tryed to start it as Admin but its the same. I'm on Win7 64bit.

Also hope u can make it work with the Online mode. I already memorized the Menu and such but for Quest and the Skill System it would be awesome.

Hi i like to thank u all for this awesome Patch u made there. But i have a problem with the patcher.exe when i try to start it it closes directly i tryed to start it as Admin but its the same. I'm on Win7 64bit.

Also hope u can make it work with the Online mode. I already memorized the Menu and such but for Quest and the Skill System it would be awesome.

patcher.exe is a command line application. This means it must be run through the Windows Command Prompt.

(I told Tim he should make it a GUI application for simplicity's sake, but he didn't want to... I *might* be able to make a front-end for it...)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Gah... Under the bus :)

I'll make a GUI tool...

Gah... Under the bus :)

I'll make a GUI tool...

That would be nice.

But so i understand i tryed to run the .exe in Command Prompt.

And it says:

Usage: patcher action datafile

action = "update" | "patch" | "test" | "dump"

datafile = local file name, or "remote" to use remote datafile

Now i tought i have to type someting like update or patch but its only saying me there is no such Command. Sorry for my noobness but if u dont mind could u teach me what to do exactly i want to learn.