Sign in to follow this  
timk1980

Who wants to play DQ X Offline (PC) in English? :)

Officially announcing beta, right now.

PM me if you want details.

I don't have my patcher tool ready yet, which is why I'm not directly posting the links publicly, yet.  That will be coming soon (think days, not weeks), at which point I'm probably going to call it an official release :)

Updated with link to the download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxc6PUFWfKMzcEFyRWI0QV8zX2c

Edited by timk1980
  • Upvote 3

Wat

Sooner than I anticipated... With my new job, and then DQ6 (I'm trying to become a LIGHTSPEED CHAMPION - although I doubt I'll make it at my current pace), I haven't touched DQX in a couple weeks, let alone the patch.

By offline, do you mean the intro section?
Sign me the $#!& up dude.

Looking forward to this.

Yes, the patch is for the introduction, as well as the sibling's story. (Once your main character goes on line-up there's another offline mode story where you play as your main's brother or sister.

Nice! That means the offline mode's cutscenes are translated! If someone has the time, maybe they could post said cutscenes on YouTube? I don't have access to the game itself, let alone the patch.

• Upvote 1

Nice! That means the offline mode's cutscenes are translated! If someone has the time, maybe they could post said cutscenes on YouTube? I don't have access to the game itself, let alone the patch.

I'd like to respectfully ask that folks hold off on this, for about a week or so.  For various reasons, I would prefer that to wait until the "official" release.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Wow, that would be awesome. Nice work on progressing this far.

Haven't gotten a chance to install the patch, been busy preparing for tomorrow.  Out of curiousity how much is translated?  Full text, is it just menus?

Either way, I'm pretty excited to check this out.  You're doing the lord's work.

Edited by Megalosaro

There's a few (relatively minor) issues here and there, but it's full text for the most part.

• Upvote 1

Haven't gotten a chance to install the patch, been busy preparing for tomorrow.  Out of curiousity how much is translated?  Full text, is it just menus?

Either way, I'm pretty excited to check this out.  You're doing the lord's Square Enix's work.

Is there any parts that still need translations? I had said I was going to assist with the extended mode and I've not got much at all submitted for that. My apologies for my tardiness.  But I haven't forgotten that I said I would aid.

Mostly, I've only found grammar and spelling errors to fix. The few things that haven't been translated yet are left like that because we haven't figured out how to edit them, or they don't compress right. Mostly minor stuff. But if you want to take a look, go ahead. (I believe Tim already gave you access...?)

First of all: Thank you (and everyone involved) for all the hard work, it really pays off! Your translation is very professional and DQX feels like a completely new game now that I finally understand something :D. I completed the tutorial and already started the extended campaign (which I never bothered to play before) - it's pretty cool to learn about DQX's backstory and I was a little surprised they even added monoliths for the Dragon tribe in the offline game ^^.

Do you want us to list all typos, overlapping words and untranslated text we notice? I used Fraps to record everything so I can always go back to take some screenshots. Of course I will hold back to upload anything to Youtube for now, so don't worry ;).

First of all: Thank you (and everyone involved) for all the hard work, it really pays off! Your translation is very professional and DQX feels like a completely new game now that I finally understand something :D. I completed the tutorial and already started the extended campaign (which I never bothered to play before) - it's pretty cool to learn about DQX's backstory and I was a little surprised they even added monoliths for the Dragon tribe in the offline game ^^.

Do you want us to list all typos, overlapping words and untranslated text we notice? I used Fraps to record everything so I can always go back to take some screenshots. Of course I will hold back to upload anything to Youtube for now, so don't worry ;).

If you could do that, it would be wonderful! Just PM your screenshots to me and Tim (both of us so whoever has a chance first can go in and fix things) and we'll see what we can do. Just make sure you read the Readme file first.

Edit: actually, hold off on sending to Tim in case he has another preferred way of communication. I don't want his inbox flooding because of something I said. But you are welcome to send them to me.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

To amplify Erdrick's response a bit (which was good), the more you can tell us about what it said, where you found it, what you think it should say, and just any context you can provide, is all very helpful.

Thanks for the great feedback so far, and glad to hear someone is getting some enjoyment out of it.

I'm really interested in this!! Even if it's just a tiny portion of Dragon Quest X, I'd play it quite a bit!  

Can you tell me what I'd need to play this, and if I need to dink around with it any?

You need to own the PC version of Dragon Quest X.  Not a ton of messing around is required, other than creating a Japanese Square Enix account to sign into the game initially.  Playing offline mode does not require a VPN connection.

To answer the topic question: Everyone.

So does the current patch take care of everything one would need outside of having the game?

When I try to extract your files, keeps saying that the archive is corrupt.  Gonna try other ways to download thru your google drive.