Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light - English SEA Release

Anybody figure out why I can't access any of the special quests? Couldn't do the Goo Goo one yeaterday and today I can't access the Beast one. It says "quest no longer available whenever I try.

I used to get that a lot of the Japanese version too. Usually they're open on the weekends.

I haven't had the chance to play this particular game yet, but I have played a lot of games outside of my market.  The reason this happens for daily quests in these sorts of games is that the client shows you quests based on your phone's time and date, but the server actually controls which quests are open.  So if you try to enter them in the North American afternoon, it will already be the next day on the other side of the world so the next day's quest is actually open.

The workaround is to change your phone's timezone which is annoying, or just do them from midnight to 9am or so (depending on your location) when the day is technically the same.

I could be wrong though since I don't have direct experience with this game.

Yeah I just logged in and it said "Happy Saturday" ;)

Anybody figure out why I can't access any of the special quests? Couldn't do the Goo Goo one yeaterday and today I can't access the Beast one. It says "quest no longer available whenever I try.

I used to get that a lot of the Japanese version too. Usually they're open on the weekends.

I haven't had the chance to play this particular game yet, but I have played a lot of games outside of my market. The reason this happens for daily quests in these sorts of games is that the client shows you quests based on your phone's time and date, but the server actually controls which quests are open. So if you try to enter them in the North American afternoon, it will already be the next day on the other side of the world so the next day's quest is actually open.

The workaround is to change your phone's timezone which is annoying, or just do them from midnight to 9am or so (depending on your location) when the day is technically the same.

I could be wrong though since I don't have direct experience with this game.

Yeah I just logged in and it said "Happy Saturday" ;)
Yep, it changes over 3pm EST, 4pm for you.

Also does the last monster you defeat have any affect on the one that may join you?

Edited by Woodus

I just had a healslime join me when it was the second last monster defeated.

I got a response from customer service.

"Hi Monster Scout,

We are sorry this happened. We are working on this issue now.

Meanwhile, can you try to update your OS to Android Lollipop 5.1.0 ? Some users solved the problem by updating OS.

DQMSL Team"

...nope! My phone doesn't get lollipop yet.

Any idea where everyone online is getting Slime Knights from? It's my favourite monster and I can't figure out how so many people have it

I got it from one of the special maps, fort knocks I think

• Upvote 1

Is there any reason to hoard Pal Points? So far their only utility seems to be for buying Lite maps. Should I just buy maps whenever I have 200 Pal Points? Also, when do I start getting Ovalution eggs and how? I'm about player level 7.

Edit: thanks to my metal key I'm up to user level 20 and I now have 16 Liquid Metal Slimes and 22 Metal Slimes. All my gems went towards expanding my farm size.

Edited by 1upsuper

Is there any reason to hoard Pal Points? So far their only utility seems to be for buying Lite maps. Should I just buy maps whenever I have 200 Pal Points? Also, when do I start getting Ovalution eggs and how? I'm about player level 7.

Edit: thanks to my metal key I'm up to user level 20 and I now have 16 Liquid Metal Slimes and 22 Metal Slimes. All my gems went towards expanding my farm size.

Ditto on the key. Honestly it's one reason I stopped playing the Japanese versions last year. The game came down to getting metal keys and using the heck out of them. All else became pointless. And after a while, boring and repetitive. And after a while, boring and repetitive. And after a while, boring and repetitive.

The ovulation eggs are to be found in the special maps. There's one available every single day. Do them multiple times as eggs can appear randomly. Got 4 so far from just random daily special maps.

Got Slime Knight from a pal points spin today.

Thanks for the post. I thought as much about the key. Seems a bit too OP. I'm not even sure how to properly "spend" those metal monsters since I'm still pretty much using the same party since about level 5. <_<

Am I right about the pal points though? Drop 'em in the Tombola the moment I get them?

The Gem Store uses GP money on Android.

Im having the same problems King Zenith and The Mystical One had, but i was assuming it had something to do with my connection. I'll try this Droid4X emulator asap

Does anyone know if the Gem Store uses money from Google Play or Facebook? Also, how is the monster recruitment rate determined, or is it completly random?

I've always found it completely random. Never found an item to help or a monster skill, so...?

Btw, did not anything go before 1996? Was life more restrictive them?

Thanks for the post. I thought as much about the key. Seems a bit too OP. I'm not even sure how to properly "spend" those metal monsters since I'm still pretty much using the same party since about level 5. <_<

Am I right about the pal points though? Drop 'em in the Tombola the moment I get them?

I maxed out my Healslime. Need 1 more egg to ovolve him (guessing Cure Slime). Other than that, I used them on my main party, just leveling them up into the 30s.

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think level caps are something like:

Level E - 30

Level D - 40

Level C - 50

Level B - and so on...

Ding 30.  Currently stopped at 10-4 -- Al-Zorate Sands -- to grind, since one of the wikis says it's a really good Stamina/XP ratio map.  

http://muketsu.info/DQMsl/LEVELup.html

I might actually hit 35 at this rate, haha.

Edit: 32 now (50 minutes later).  I think it'll peter out at 33 but at this rate I'm leveling up as fast as I can burn through my stamina.

Edited by KiTA
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the info, Plattym3. But I'm still not quite sure what you mean when you say that there's a special quest everyday with egg monsters, because I don't seen any special quests, aside from the three gold farming quests and the scrapyard. Where is the daily quest you are talking about?

Also, looking at the notification for the Super Tombola, does the entire pool of monsters available in it change weekly, or just the S-rank monsters? What about the Lite Tombola?

The gold farming quest is the weekend's daily quest.  It'll change to Metal Slimes on Monday.

Is it possible to recruit monsters in the room the Jinksters warn you about?

I don't know, they're classified as bosses and I don't think you can recruit the end of dungeon bosses...

What'd you do besides make good use of your metal key? I've been playing a ton and used my metal key but I'm only like level 24. Lots of story quests?

I had two metal keys, actually...  I guess I just started earlier than most?

The story quests start to give enough XP to ding you as you use up your XP, or thereabouts.  Once I hit Chapter 10 Mission 3 (which is very quick and easy to run through dungeon) I was gaining a level with the last fight before I ran out of stamina, which filled my stamina.  This didn't stop until around level 33.  

That level up link I posted earlier has some others -- 4-5, 7-5, and 8-2 are either good XP/STA or easily traversed maps.