Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light - English SEA Release

I cannot get past the facebook login with bluestacks, just keeps flipping me back to the login page (could be our work network too). If you can dump a list of the monster names out, might as well start a page and monster list for it, then after AerynB goes thru it we can tie it into the Monster Wiki page.

It doesn't seem to work in Genymotion but it can be coaxed to work with DuOS.  When I logged in using Facebook on DuOS the game crashed, but the next time I loaded it, it logged in and then got stuck at the downloading screen.  I forced stopped the app then tried again and it downloaded whatever it needed to.  I haven't tried AndyOS, but I don't want it to mess up my Genymotion install, which it always seems to do.

It looks like the best way to play at the moment is on a real device.

Little buggy so far, but playable. Even was able to buy gems.

OK, when I get back home this weekend I will grab my Android tablet from work and install it there.

• Upvote 1

Just downloaded the .apk. I'll give it a try on my lunch break, see how it plays.

And why is this not officially released for the NA region? It's fully translated. Does SE tell all it's subsidiaries to discriminate against NA? It sure as hell seems that way sometimes. They shouldn't have let us pre-register if they weren't going to make it available!  :cry:

Edited by wintermute

Technically the previous registration had a foreign phone number slot.

It wasn't for us. But it is in English, so we can play it.

Platty or Woodus, is there a way a semipermenant link can be set up so we can keep our apks updated?

You mean like this link?

http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=com.garena.game.dqmsl

And Pin it or something?

Yeah, make it easy to find.

Why, oh why, does it take so bloody long to "Download" whatever it is this game is downloading?

Mine was doing that as well but I just kept the game open and didn't let the screen sleep and it went a lot faster.

Now if I start this on my PC (seems to be working via Droid4X) and then load up my tablet will it transfer my progress?

Why, oh why, does it take so bloody long to "Download" whatever it is this game is downloading?

Mine was doing that as well but I just kept the game open and didn't let the screen sleep and it went a lot faster.

That's what I did.  And am doing again. Because it crashed while "Connecting" and corrupted something.

What crappy game design, ugh.

That's what I did.  And am doing again. Because it crashed while "Connecting" and corrupted something.

Keep in mind what we're downloading is NOT in the US of A or anywhere near it.

This is actually pretty solid.

I still have no idea how Ovolving works.

You won't do it forever. Really. You have to max level a monster out. That will take you a month. Then you have to have done those special maps and recruited the specific eggs you need to do so. Then you can ovolve your monster. In about 3 months of me playing the Japanese version, I think I did it twice.

Keep in mind what we're downloading is NOT in the US of A or anywhere near it.

This is actually pretty solid.

The crappy game design was the 'oh you disconnected while downloading? Everything is corrupt. Please download again!'

That's just unforgivable.

• Upvote 1

I'm with the Mystical One on that.  I tried twice yesterday and again this morning with no luck.  I just don't have a solid enough block of time to babysit this download and keep it rolling.  If it would keep it's download progress over multiple sessions it would be a LOT easier to manage.  Starting back at square one every time is incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, I'll take another stab at it tonight.  Looking forward to joining in the fun.

I'm with the Mystical One on that.  I tried twice yesterday and again this morning with no luck.  I just don't have a solid enough block of time to babysit this download and keep it rolling.  If it would keep it's download progress over multiple sessions it would be a LOT easier to manage.  Starting back at square one every time is incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, I'll take another stab at it tonight.  Looking forward to joining in the fun.

Also, don't look for it to get all much better.  The Japanese app either needed me to update via a new APK download or sit through a huge content download at least once a week 2 years ago.  Since this is the same, I expect as much again.

Yep. I basically can't play this now.

Download........ for 5+ minutes (and sometimes it hangs in the middle, becomes unresponsive,, and I have to force close and start all over again because why would you build in a resume function for a long download?), and then it connects and... has to download something else?  5+ minutes again...

And then it connections and tells me to have a good connection or data may be corrupted (why? Are you writing data while downloading something?  Stupid idiots, download, then apply changes ARGH)...

And Inevitably this always crashes or closes or errors and I have to repeat that process again.

So my play experience so far:

About 10 minutes of downloading, followed by about 20-30 minutes of playing, followed by a connection crash when trying to start a super tombola map or whatever they are called, and then so far about an hour or more of the download/crash/repeat bullshit.

Ugh.

Are metal slimes only good for sparring partners?  I was hoping for a really strong monster because metal slime is best slime but when I got one from a dungeon challenge it was already max level at level 1 with pretty abysmal stats other than huge defense and agility.

I've installed it on Droid4X.  Much better experience than on my phone so far.  TMO and I seem to be having similar frustrations.