Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light - English SEA Release

I've used

Nice, Lanidet!

I've just stopped my level right at 100 experience before the next. Once I get up to 15 stamina I'm going to play another Liquid Metal Key. See how far it can take me. I've got a bunch of B rank monsters that I'm excited to pump up to A soon.

Here's my current party:
ec4e53ebb623b756f1787a5b4632b5fc.jpg

That Half Hog is strong and about 2 levels away from ovolving up to rank B & going Whole Hog.

Blue Dragon guy is 10 away from ovolving to A.

That Tiger dude is also about 10 away from ovolving to A. He's my #1 damage dealer. By far.

And see my new toy? He's still a young rank B, but he ovolves all the way to S!!! Was feeling pissed last night at no S ranked dudes in line and paid to play the Super Tambola. Boom! Got him! Would've preferred a legit S, but I'll make him one.

4d117c976a44e7c7a5ea0cd5107a28f5.jpg

Ballsack is still a dream. 23 runs I think now. Zero luck.

I've put that Half Hog of yours to use via Pal Provider...it's actually pretty sweet.

• Upvote 1

It's better to get at lower rank and ovolve them to S, if the lower form skills are good. Otherwise you have to rely on skill evolution to add skills

Rainbow eggs (Egg-en-Ciel) are pretty rare in the hard daily egg quests. I think about a 3% chance to appear with a 50% join that, in am understanding Japanese wikis correctly.

What do I do with medal slides and gold golem?

You should be able to get a Rainbow Egg from some of the Hard level Daily Quests like the Weekly Dragon event

Oh, i see. Thanks.

What do I do with medal slides and gold golem?

You mean Metal slime? It has many exp so you can use it to be material for other monster in Spar Ring.

About Gold Golem you can sell it for a good G(on menu Let Monster Go). You may level up it for some times it will increase ...maybe 500G per level(I'm not sure).

Do you guys think I should create a separate "DQMSL Official Advice Thread" so this thread can be for other discussion or would that be superfluous?

Well that is why I started the healers thread because I find it easier to have each topic with its own topic instead of a cluster of data randomly throughout a 20+ page topic

Do you guys think I should create a separate "DQMSL Official Advice Thread" so this thread can be for other discussion or would that be superfluous?

I'm ambivalent. In general I find less is more, but I see value in that too.

What do I do with medal slides

Start a new Olympic sport. Line up all the gold, silver, and bronze medals. Let athletes slide down them and just grab what they can.

Well that is why I started the healers thread because I find it easier to have each topic with its own topic instead of a cluster of data randomly throughout a 20+ page topic

A new advice thread might not help that problem, as everyone would be asking different questions, however it would be better than having a bunch of random questions scattered throughout this thread. Maybe if we did an advice thread, after a week or so, we would have enough material to form an FAQ.

I'm ambivalent. In general I find less is more, but I see value in that too.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be too much to have two main threads dedicated to this one game, but it might streamline things for newcomers, especially considering this thread is approaching 20 pages...I definitely wouldn't be able to give too much advice myself, as I'm just now playing the game for the first time myself.

• Upvote 1

A new advice thread might not help that problem, as everyone would be asking different questions, however it would be better than having a bunch of random questions scattered throughout this thread. Maybe if we did an advice thread, after a week or so, we would have enough material to form an FAQ.

Now thats a Faq-ing good idea...

Now thats a Faq-ing good idea...

I made this.

Although I was unaware of the character limit for title and it got cut off a bit...Rather than continue to ask questions in individual threads, if you have any more questions about Healer monsters you could ask them there. I can't promise I'll personally have much advice, but this might be easier to manage. In fact, for any questions that are successfully answered, I may just link them in the OP.

Hi guys, I would like to know if this monster is worth training and ovolving to S rank and eventually SS rank. He can go up to SS rank. His stats are mediocre. I use him in my main team, his magic is strong but his defense and HP is weak, always get killed by strong attackers. 

11892158_10153136503595888_2758340218009

What's better, playing the tombola to try to get higher ranked monsters or taking lower ranks and ovolving them to higher ranks? Generally speaking of course. Like, I have a Great Sabrecub, but I got a Great Sabrecat from a tombola map. Is it better to keep the Sabrecub in my party and ovolve him into a Sabrecat, or just let the Sabrecub go and keep the Sabrecat in my party? (Similar situation with Healslime and what it ovolves into, the Angel Slime. But I think I know the answer to that one.)

I think you can keep both of them, new Great Sabrecat and your own ovolved Great Sabrecat, then use Buddy Boost.

That was my thinking too. Thanks for the answer / confirmation. :)

That's not fair Platty. Who's soul did you sell to get him?

Yours.  You didn't feel it slipping away?  To be fair you were worth more than just him, but I didn't have room in my pen for the LMS.  :laugh:

Grats Platty Did you get you get him out of Medium or Hard??

Medium.  Probably a total coincidence, but I used a Pal with the S rank Ballsack monster as my Pal.  Poetic that after about 20-30 runs I caught him with himself.  Well, a better version of himself, but Ballsack caught Ballsack!

• Upvote 1

I want a Slime Tower and a full-blown Killing You Machine.

Not this stupid Lite one I have.

Yeah, Killing Machine Lite is a really weak attacker, and his defense isn't too solid, either.  He was great as a multiattacker at the time I got him, but now he's just fodder for damage in my party.  Has anyone ovolved him?  Is it worth it?

Is there a way to know who can and cannot (eventually) be Ovolved?  I see no sign that my Rank B King Cureslime can ovolve any further, but someone mentioned that in the Japanese version, they eventually enabled him to ovolve to Ultra Slime. 

When you View your monster, you click the ovolution button on the screen that has all its details and stats (or from big book of beasts, either/or). That shows the ovoultion tree from that monster on.  If there's nothing there, then no ovolutions currently exist for it.

Right, but what I am hoping to learn is how we can determine if a monster will ever gain the potential to ovolve to something else after a game update or whatever.  I was getting ready to toss my King Cureslime to the bench or even worse, use him up while sparring with somebody.  But now I hear that he may be able to ovolve later into an Ultraslime.  Short of clairvoyance or prior experience with the Japanese version, is there a quick way to see who can ovolve later, even if they can't right now?