Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light - English SEA Release

The boss is 'Balzackian' and is A rank. can ovolve into Balzack.  Played through easy twice (missed a sparkle) and medium about 6-8 times now.  he hasn't joined me yet. :/ Exp is kinda terrible. 500-600 for easy, ~1000ish for medium.

Easy is super easy, and medium is pretty easy, and hard is very tough and then the boss is super super hard, so... yeah.  There's also one of those formidable enemy style fights where the little orange dude warns you about them in the room before. I don't even want to think about trying to fight them. o.O

• Upvote 1

I hope I have better luck getting Balzack. 

Despite trying to get the King Bubble Slime many times I was never able to recruit him.

Same

Can somebody explain Buddy Boosting to stupid me? I'm not exactly sure what it's for.

Can somebody explain Buddy Boosting to stupid me? I'm not exactly sure what it's for.

Me too. I only just figured out Ovalution, sorta. Sometimes this game makes me feel stupid. :P

I must have run Medium King Bubble Slime over 20 times and he NEVER joined me uggg... 

As far as buddy boosting you take a monster and boost him with the same monster earning you bonus stats and a Star, You can earn up to 4 Stars per Monster... If you boost your monster with a level 1 copy of the same monster you will gain +2 to every stat... If you level up both monsters you will get more than +2 per stat depending on how high you leveled them... So to get the best stats you would want to max level all 5 copies of the monster to make a SUPER powerful version of the monster

I'm not 100% sure but I also believe the higher the level the greater the chance the abilities will gain +1 etc...

It looks like I probably won't be be at the sufficient level to take on Balzack before the event ends :(

You get 2 percent, rounded up of the stats of both monsters added to the boosted monster.

True. It's not just a flat +2. I try to get them up to about level 20-30 before combining. It gets about +6 to +8 for the monsters' stats. Which, when you think about it, is only about what you get from a level up. Kinda junky.

I did get a bubble king. I've run about 10 Ballsack runs, but nothing much.

Just finished 10 medium liquid metal runs! Finally hit 30 stamina, so I could do the medium level twice. Got real lucky with 5-6000 experience each time so kept leveling up every other time. Sat in the sweet spot of experience. Kept going for 45 minutes straight. Then all the LMS ran away. 3000 experience and done. I'd been ovolving a lot this week, so my party was an average of low 40s. By the end of it all, my new average is mid 50s!

Somehow got 2 Balzackians on the first day of the event :) By the way, is it me, or are some of the monsters using their original palette instead of their remake's palette? Noticed when a Rhinocerex wore pink armour instead of yellow.

Edited by AnythingGoesSince1996

It looks like I probably won't be be at the sufficient level to take on Balzack before the event ends :(

The "Easy" Balzack level is really not hard. It's a weeklong event, so you should be able to do it.

I'm training up a Notso Macho so that I have Oomph (ovolving him to the next level with it), so I can maybe actually beat the Hard level of Balzack sometime...

You get 2 percent, rounded up of the stats of both monsters added to the boosted monster.

True. It's not just a flat +2. I try to get them up to about level 20-30 before combining. It gets about +6 to +8 for the monsters' stats. Which, when you think about it, is only about what you get from a level up. Kinda junky.

I did get a bubble king. I've run about 10 Ballsack runs, but nothing much.

Just finished 10 medium liquid metal runs! Finally hit 30 stamina, so I could do the medium level twice. Got real lucky with 5-6000 experience each time so kept leveling up every other time. Sat in the sweet spot of experience. Kept going for 45 minutes straight. Then all the LMS ran away. 3000 experience and done. I'd been ovolving a lot this week, so my party was an average of low 40s. By the end of it all, my new average is mid 50s!

Yeah, it's Stat + Ceiling(MonsterA Start * 0.02) + Ceiling(MonsterB Stat * 0.02), basically.  Hence why it's always at least +2

Nice! I had a 9600 exp run on medium today. It was pretty awesome. I think only a single metal slime got away.  Then it was followed by a 5500 run, which is now low for me (usually I can have a Pal that has 2x attack capability and/or hatchet man and/or metal slash, and some of my monsters have decent critical hit rates, it seems)

I finished the Easy and Medium Balzack levels, but the Hard has a recommended level of like 60-something and that's a long way off for me.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I exceed the recommended level and Balzack just has too much defense and HP for me to tear him down.  The hard ones of these special weeklong quests really are *hard*

• Upvote 1

I exceed the recommended level and Balzack just has too much defense and HP for me to tear him down. The hard ones of these special weeklong quests really are *hard*

That's generally how these kinds of events work. They make them so you can achieve a lot on your own, but leave behind a tier that only the hardcore money spending players can achieve.

I only played medium level about ...maybe 3 times and got Balzack. But after that I've never got him again *sigh*

Now that Balzack I got is level above 40 and I still never get another one.

After about my 30th run, he finally joined.

Also: I am going to miss this half stamina event.  running 10-4 over and over again has been great.

• Upvote 1

Had a good run with my Liquid Metal Key...

Leveled up to level 40

Ovolved 2 monsters up to nice Rank B Monsters

post-5685-0-32577100-1439649060_thumb.pngpost-5685-0-63939100-1439649078_thumb.png

post-5685-0-93320200-1439649096_thumb.pngpost-5685-0-77225800-1439649112_thumb.png

Edited by Lanidet
  • Upvote 1

Nice, Lanidet!

I've just stopped my level right at 100 experience before the next. Once I get up to 15 stamina I'm going to play another Liquid Metal Key. See how far it can take me. I've got a bunch of B rank monsters that I'm excited to pump up to A soon.

Here's my current party:

ec4e53ebb623b756f1787a5b4632b5fc.jpg

That Half Hog is strong and about 2 levels away from ovolving up to rank B & going Whole Hog.

Blue Dragon guy is 10 away from ovolving to A.

That Tiger dude is also about 10 away from ovolving to A. He's my #1 damage dealer. By far.

And see my new toy? He's still a young rank B, but he ovolves all the way to S!!! Was feeling pissed last night at no S ranked dudes in line and paid to play the Super Tambola. Boom! Got him! Would've preferred a legit S, but I'll make him one.

4d117c976a44e7c7a5ea0cd5107a28f5.jpg

Ballsack is still a dream. 23 runs I think now. Zero luck.

That is a nice party... :) good luck with your LMK... Ya I've done Ballsack x 10 or so and still not for me either... I will keep doing him soon, Trying to build up a little gold while I can in Gold Coast atm... Spent like 150000 in feeding my monster Metal Slimes and LMS... Hopefully everyone will get lucky and we will all have ballsacks :P

What's better, playing the tombola to try to get higher ranked monsters or taking lower ranks and ovolving them to higher ranks? Generally speaking of course. Like, I have a Great Sabrecub, but I got a Great Sabrecat from a tombola map. Is it better to keep the Sabrecub in my party and ovolve him into a Sabrecat, or just let the Sabrecub go and keep the Sabrecat in my party? (Similar situation with Healslime and what it ovolves into, the Angel Slime. But I think I know the answer to that one.)

I used 2 Liquid Metal Keys today to pump level for Arch Demon(A), he is nearly max level now. That's good news for me.

But the bad news is, I don't have Rainbow egg!!!

Can anyone tell me where can I get rainbow egg, now that the Egg Lair event has gone. T T

What's better, playing the tombola to try to get higher ranked monsters or taking lower ranks and ovolving them to higher ranks? Generally speaking of course. Like, I have a Great Sabrecub, but I got a Great Sabrecat from a tombola map. Is it better to keep the Sabrecub in my party and ovolve him into a Sabrecat, or just let the Sabrecub go and keep the Sabrecat in my party? (Similar situation with Healslime and what it ovolves into, the Angel Slime. But I think I know the answer to that one.)

I think you can keep both of them, new Great Sabrecat and your own ovolved Great Sabrecat, then use Buddy Boost.

Edited by Xguard

Blue Dragon guy is 10 away from ovolving to A.

I just leveled my Sizzard to level 56... So only 4 levels to go for mine... But I don't have the eggs to Ovolve him... :/

Edited by Lanidet