Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light - English SEA Release

Do you ever get a second chance at Special Quests that have expired?  For example, once the Bubble King Must Die quests are no longer supported does that mean they're gone for good?  Or do they cycle through like the DQVC items, once a year or every few months?

Edited by Liamland

I'm stupid, so can someone please explain to me where I can find the egg monsters?  I'm cruising through the game at a decent pace now (level 9-3) and have done some of the special quests too, but still no eggs.  I have seen that there are some eggs as challenge rewards, but I get the feeling they are available in abundant supply somewhere much more obvious.  What part of the game am I neglecting that has me devoid of eggs at this point?

Do you ever get a second chance at Special Quests that have expired? For example, once the Bubble King Must Die quests are no longer supported does that mean they're gone for good? Or do they cycle through like the DQVC items, once a year or every few months?

I never noticed one cycle around when playing the Japanese version, but that was 2 years ago and I only played a couple months. Not too sure.

I'm stupid, so can someone please explain to me where I can find the egg monsters?  I'm cruising through the game at a decent pace now (level 9-3) and have done some of the special quests too, but still no eggs.  I have seen that there are some eggs as challenge rewards, but I get the feeling they are available in abundant supply somewhere much more obvious.  What part of the game am I neglecting that has me devoid of eggs at this point?

I saw some of the basic egg soldiers starting in the Bronillo region.  I forget which stages, maybe somewhere between 1-4.  I was only lucky enough to get one to join, though.

I just got a Fangtastegg for completing the 4-2 challenge of beating the quest with only 3 characters.

Edited by Liamland

I had a special dungeon one day that had an Egg monster in almost every party (not all joined me though).

All of the special dailys, with the exception of the Gold one, have Egg monsters in them.

Ie: The Dragon, Slime, Beast, and Demon themed ones.

Light Tombola also sometimes gives them out.  I've seen the Leaf, Wooden, and Hard Boiled ones from that.

I had a special dungeon one day that had an Egg monster in almost every party (not all joined me though).

Yep. In general, that's the whole point of the Tuesday - Friday ones.

Wow, cool.  Thanks for all the information!  I guess I will try to do those special quests.

• Upvote 1

Yep. I'm about at the limit of what my party can do right around world 11 right now. The regular battles are OK, but I can no longer cruise through the end fights. Time to really get going with more Ovolution. I need those spotted eggs and bear eggs. Tuesday and Wednesday prizes. Luckily they're both in medium. I tried a Hard today and despite having like a level 44 average team, I was dead by the 2nd battle. Damn.

Got three different eggs now.  Two from the Dragon's Den quests and one from a lucky Lite Tombola roll.

Yep. I'm about at the limit of what my party can do right around world 11 right now. The regular battles are OK, but I can no longer cruise through the end fights. Time to really get going with more Ovolution. I need those spotted eggs and bear eggs. Tuesday and Wednesday prizes. Luckily they're both in medium. I tried a Hard today and despite having like a level 44 average team, I was dead by the 2nd battle. Damn.

Yeah, 11 is rough.  I think I'm at 11-4 or 11-5 now.  Working on getting some B and A rank team together.  Got a Hades Condor from Magic Tombola, so that'll make a better healer than my cureslime, and it ovolves to garuda, which has offensive magic, so that'll be a plus.

Surprised the hard versions of the dailys are giving you trouble if you can handle the 11s

Edited by The Mystical One

Yeah, 11 is rough. I think I'm at 11-4 or 11-5 now. Working on getting some B and A rank team together. Got a Hades Condor from Magic Tombola, so that'll make a better healer than my cureslime, and it ovolves to garuda, which has offensive magic, so that'll be a plus.

Surprised the hard versions of the dailys are giving you trouble if you can handle the 11s

I don't have a healer. I need to get my Slime stack up 1 more level then make a King Slime. I'll use him and a King Slime map to make a +1 King Slime with a lot of good skills. He learns Multiheal. Then he can evolve to a B King Cureslime. We'll see if that all helps.

Unfortunately, after looking through the iOS version's IPA, it looks like everything is locked up tight. All sounds, music, graphics, and text appear to be in proprietary file formats. Ripping stuff will have to be done the hard way, if at all.

Fortunately, for the music at least, it all seems to be identical to Terry's Wonderland 3D. Still, I'd be nice to get a real rip.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a healer. I need to get my Slime stack up 1 more level then make a King Slime. I'll use him and a King Slime map to make a +1 King Slime with a lot of good skills. He learns Multiheal. Then he can evolve to a B King Cureslime. We'll see if that all helps.

So after looking last night, turns out I'm at 12-3.

I've been relying solely on my Cureslime with Heal/Midheal/Zap/Acceleratle.  Multiheal is pretty expensive, the few times I've had a pal with it it really wasn't much more helpful than getting a ygg dew.  Maybe it'd be better if you curate your own beastie though.  

So after looking last night, turns out I'm at 12-3.

I've been relying solely on my Cureslime with Heal/Midheal/Zap/Acceleratle. Multiheal is pretty expensive, the few times I've had a pal with it it really wasn't much more helpful than getting a ygg dew. Maybe it'd be better if you curate your own beastie though.

Pun intended?

Yeah, midheal would be best. I have a maxed Healslime I can ovolve and a couple Cureslime maps, so I can trick him out. I'll have to see what eggs I got. Btw, accelerate is a great skill. Cast twice, monsters are almost impossible to hit.

Unfortunately, after looking through the iOS version's IPA, it looks like everything is locked up tight. All sounds, music, graphics, and text appear to be in proprietary file formats. Ripping stuff will have to be done the hard way, if at all.

Fortunately, for the music at least, it all seems to be identical to Terry's Wonderland 3D. Still, I'd be nice to get a real rip.

I don't know about graphics and music, but the Android version had the text just sitting in an ascii file.  I found the music files but don't know how to convert them.  Would you like to take a look at the dump files and see if they are less proprietary in the Android version?

Pun intended?

Yeah, midheal would be best. I have a maxed Healslime I can ovolve and a couple Cureslime maps, so I can trick him out. I'll have to see what eggs I got. Btw, accelerate is a great skill. Cast twice, monsters are almost impossible to hit.

Didn't intend the pun, but that's great! Haha.  My Cureslime heals pretty well with just regular Heal. I almost never use Midheal unless something gets a big hit on me.  Still necessary though.

I've never tried to cast acceleratle twice. I should do that sometime. Oops.  My cureslime started as a four-star healslime.  I have another Cureslime from a magic map, and I have another super-tricked out four-start healslime (With Heal+2!) as well as another angel slime in a magic map, so I think he'll be a four start cureslime eventually.  Or I'll just totally replace him once this Hade's Condor is up to snuff.

• Upvote 1

Great haul today, with a combination of the easily navigated Medium Egg Lair and the 1.5X monster join bonus:

DQMSL_011.png

DQMSL_012.png

DQMSL_013.png

Ahh, didn't read carefully enough.  Definitely happy with how that turned out.  I might have to run this one a few more times.  Starting to get enough eggs to ovolve.  Forgot that I need to max level before I can do it though.  Thinking about maxing my King Slime to Ovolve him into... King Cureslime is it?  That damn Multiheal is so costly though.  Need a magic water just to be able to cast it twice.

Is that the ovolve rule? Max level? I thought maybe it was Lv20. :( I have at least one monster ready for ovolution, but game says its level isn't high enough. :(