Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light - English SEA Release

DQMSL_Logo.jpg

Thanks to Safushi for giving the heads up that Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light is getting a release in English in the SEA region!  You can pre-register here.

I pre-registered and drew a Slumbering Ram (Rank C) on my first Roll.

Slumbering_Ram_Roll.png

Looks like 15 days until release.

Edited by King Zenith

It's some kind of free to play dungeon crawling mobile monsters game (iOS and Android).  Plattym3 played it a bunch in Japanese last year and seemed to find it quite fun and addicting.  I played it a bit, but not enough to really get it figured out.  Hopefully Platty (or someone else) can give us more details on how it really works.

I don't a mobile phone, much less a smart phone. I wonder if this is worth doing with a fake mobile number?

Still, I will be playing this in the ol' tablet.

Two things.

In case my update announcement gets cleared up soon, since sometimes they do, in under an hour, sometimes they're up for days before new ones push the ancient 1 day old announcements into the mists of time:

1) Thanks to Mortamor for the link, but DQM:SL, http://dqmsl.garena.com/preregistration/ , has a monster called Thugular, related to the DQ4 monster, Jugular, which ONLY appears, in its form, in DQ7: http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/HellClown , he thought I should link you guys to this. Take it as you will, but we have a current name for a DQ7 only monster.

2) Mortamor also wanted you all to know, that you DO NOT NEED TO PUT IN A PHONE NUMBER.  That part is apparently optional, not mandatory.  Sorry for the all caps, but I wanted to catch your eyes.

Edited by ignasia7

Hmm, I thought Juggular was also in DQ4DS, and related to Savagemon from DQ7 PSX.  HellClown is certainly a different palette than Juggular, and I can't verify the palette on the super light site because the monsters rotate through based on time-zone and that one is currently out of rotation for me.

Ah, maybe it's not quite.  Mortamor seemed pretty sure, when he saw it, that it was the palette version specific to DQ7.

OOOPS.  Ok, so Mortamor corrected me.  The monster he saw is called Thugular, and it's related to Jugular from DQ4, but is the palette swap specific to DQ7, and only DQ7 at this point.

Edited by ignasia7

It's some kind of free to play dungeon crawling mobile monsters game (iOS and Android). Plattym3 played it a bunch in Japanese last year and seemed to find it quite fun and addicting. I played it a bit, but not enough to really get it figured out. Hopefully Platty (or someone else) can give us more details on how it really works.

Holy $#!&!

I'm Super excited about this! Yes, damn I played this most of January - March of last year. Even found other forums and contacted people who played to help me out! It's. It's. It's. Just plain fun!

It's basically a light version of DQM mixed with a Puzzle and Dragons (in the ways you level up and power up your monsters) but like a Dungeon crawler!

You go along a path (think Candy Crush) and go into kinda random dungeons and then once in the dungeon you walk around and have battles with groups of monsters. It's definitely a light version in that each monster gets mainly only a skill or two. Going in dungeons cost stamina points and like every F2P game, stamina recharges very slowly (unless you pay).

Catching monsters and leveling them and such works EXACTLY like Puzzle and Dragons. Catching is random and most everything you catch is used to add EXP to your monsters you want to keep.

I'm pretty pumped for this.

1/3 the reason I got a Japanese iTunes account. I'm super excited! I'm gonna assume we're gonna get Wanted! too if we're getting this.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

Ah, maybe it's not quite.  Mortamor seemed pretty sure, when he saw it, that it was the palette version specific to DQ7.

OOOPS.  Ok, so Mortamor corrected me.  The monster he saw is called Thugular, and it's related to Jugular from DQ4, but is the palette swap specific to DQ7, and only DQ7 at this point.

Sweet!  We should let AerynB know so she can update the Monster Wiki.

A completely random mobile DQ game? Getting an official localization? After SE said that the western market was about to see better days?????????? Damn, it looks like they're starting to keep their word.

Not random, a fun game with little to no language to translate. Seriously, a few dozen skills, and hundred or 200 monster names. A few random signs. Easy.

And thank goodness! Have I mentioned today how much I love this game.

We may be getting thrown just bones, but there's some tasty meat on this one!

I got a boring beetle.  Heh.

Don't lock your monster selection if you don't want it.  You only get one lock, then you're stuck with it.

I have a question, I heard on tumblr and the site and the distributer that it will release in parts of asia and austrailia, could you get this on an american platform?

Anyone know if they will Re-Release an actual DQM Game like the original DQM?

I have no knowledge of that. I'd bet a full paycheck against it though.

I have a question, I heard on tumblr and the site and the distributer that it will release in parts of asia and austrailia, could you get this on an american platform?

Um, isn't this the point, it's coming to the US Play Store and Apple's cheap imitation of it in like 15 days.

This doesn't prove the US is getting it...

Does anyone have solid proof? The website is for SEA. Which means southeastern Asia. Not the US. :/

KEEP IN MIND THE APP STORES ARE TERRITORIAL AS HELL NOW.