Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Contest #133 - DQ Spinoff Baddies Prediction Time

It's almost time to get it on for a 3rd time!

morrie.jpg

Morrie has set up the DQ's Sub Baddie Contest - featuring the nominated bosses from a bunch of DQ spinoff games. Before it can begin, we need the wagers placed.  Here's how it will work:

1. Send ME, plattym3, your 2 guesses as to who will win DQ's Sub Baddie Contest in a PM.
2. You have until the end of Thursday, June 18th.
3. Voting will commence that following weekend.
4. After 3 rounds of voting, DQ's Spinoff Baddie will be crowned and if you guessed him or her, you'll be badged!

Let's meet the contestants!

Name: Solitaire
Game: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Why she’s a baddie: While no demon lord or evil creature, this snooty young girl is a rival trainer who gets in your way throughout Joker's journey around the islands. She isn't afraid to fight you with her monsters, and she's even proven to be the capable trainer a few years later when another young Joker trainer enters a tournament.

solitaire.png 

Name: Dr. Snapped
Game: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Why he’s a baddie: A man gone mad with power, Snapped transforms himself into a hideous creature. His is the face only a mother would love, and you know you're in for a serious fight when the classic boss theme from the Dragon Warrior Monsters games kicks in.

569.jpg 

Name: Rigor Mortex
Game: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Why he’s a baddie: A monster created to be even more powerful then the legendary warrior, Leonyx, although the resulting monster absorbed so much evil from the planet that it went completely insane and betrayed its creator, Zehlam. It is encountered in the Dark World, and is by far the strongest monster encountered in the game, proving that Zehlam's efforts weren't entirely in vain. After its defeat, if you talk to the skeleton beside the special pillar it is revealed to be Zehlam, carrying a note. The note is as follows: 'My name is Zehlam... I was betrayed... by my own hand... Rigor Mortex was a mirror... It reflected our all-too humans desires... I was betrayed by my own hand...'

hqdefault.jpg 

Name: Manevolynx
Why he’s a baddie: Essentially one of the causes of all the problems on the island Joker 2 takes place on, this guy is the corrupted version of the island's once mighty savior. He lies deep within the ancient ruins of the island, awaiting all challengers in his deranged and angry state. In other words, he's the root of the problem, and you have to take him down!

hqdefault.jpg

Name: The Ape King
Game: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional
Why he’s a baddie: The new final boss of the Professional, this evil king lives within the new lands of Joker 2. Unfortunately I don't know his full backstory, but from what I can gather he has overthrown the former rule of this new land along with his minions. What I do know is that he's willing to kill whatever stands in his way, as well as transforming himself into a mighty and terrifying monster.

Sorry, no image available.

Name: Canzar
Why he’s a baddie: It's a giant slime in a crab suit that somehow functions. Need I say more? (It is a boss in the game right before the final area and in post game, so that adds to why it's a baddie).

slacancer.jpg

 
Name: Xiphos
Game: DQ: Swords
Why he’s a baddie: Anyone who can pull of a name that begins with X is automatically cool.

Xiphos_Second_Form.png

Name: Darck
Game: Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
Why he’s a baddie: He's the literal embodiment of greed. His henchmen serve to steal valuable treasures for his own personal collection while stirring up negative emotions amongst the humans they come in contact with, which Darck uses to strengthen himself.

23-image023.png

Name: The Dark Monster Master
Game: Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
Why he’s a baddie: A rival monster master who roams the land, this man constantly tries to stop Tara and Cobi from saving the Magic Key worlds. He often has very powerful monsters at his disposal, making him a threat to the young monster masters of GreatLog. (If memory serves me right, he ends up working for Darck, standing in the kids' way one last time to prevent them from confronting Darck in the Land of Limbo).

Sorry, no picture available.

Name: Magarugi
Game: Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart
Why she’s a baddie: The temptress who led a young Kiefer into the lands beyond Estard Island, this she-devil is really a snake like monster who serves as the final boss of Caravan Heart. She is a master of illusions, using her power to lure the young prince into her world and spread disorder throughout the land.

hqdefault.jpg

Name: Don Clawleone, the Plobfather
Game: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Why he’s a baddie: Leader of the Plob gang, he and his gang are responsible for attacking the home of Rocket and spreading the many inhabitants of Boing Burg far and wide. He lets his minions do all the dirty work, but he's the brains behind it all. Oh, and he wears a fedora and an eye patch, so clearly he's an evil guy.

Don_clawleone.png

Name: Slival
Game: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Why he’s a baddie: Rocket's eternal rival, Slival appears many times in the game to do battle with the young slime. Using his tank, the Schwartzman, he'll do whatever he can to get in Rocket's way on his journey.

hqdefault.jpg

Name: Gaadisu
Game: Dragon Quest Monsters: Battle Victory Road
Why he’s a baddie: This giant spider limbed monster seems to be a special foe within Battle Victory Road. From looks alone he is an intimidating foe.

hqdefault.jpg

Get those predictions in today!

Sign in to follow this