Sign in to follow this  
NecroBanana

If you could have one wish right now, what would it be?

'Murica is usually only shouted when people are chasing away the Top Gear hosts with rocks at gas stations.

Well, this sure took a turn for the worse. Now I wish I hadn't started this thread. Ha. I kid, this is fun.

Visit more often. This happens to every open-ended thread. Then someone comes in and goes too far (like bringing up the KKK or posting pictures of themselves humping... well, just about anything) or sighs just one time too many and Dwaine closes it.

I'll never get the slang term 'Murica. I mean, do we really need to advertise how uneducated we are as a country compared to other powers?

I don't see it as the country as a whole. It's more referring to the sort whose clothing consists of torn up t-shirts sporting eagles and the flag. The sort of people that think my state will soon be under martial law. It's a small, loud percentage.

I can grant you that wish! But please refer to them as "lines" of coke. That's the proper grammar.

Along those same lines, in the Kevin Eastman line on Sunday, I was talking to a nice guy about our state's renaissance festivals. He said he camps and said he likes to stay in the clan camping grounds, how friendly people in the clan are, how the clan will run off the drunks that wander in, etc. With the written word you can clearly tell "clan" is in regards to costuming, performing, or gaming folks. Spoken was a different story. Had to ask him for clarification.

As you write this I'm reading on facebook about a friend's boyfriend accidentally ripping his 'Murica eagle shirt by walking through thorn bushes today. You nailed that one.

So how do you politely clarify ones membership (or non membership) in the KKK? I'm assuming being white helped.

'Murica is usually only shouted when people are chasing away the Top Gear hosts with rocks at gas stations.

Obviously with rocks, I mean you don't want any sparks to blow them sky high.

Yeah, other than that, I didn't really get that reference.

I sure hope my cokes aren't cherry flavored...or diet...

Perhaps I should've been more specific with my wishin'...

Never heard of Top Gear?

I would like to be able to manipulate time, space, and matter in any way I choose. I would spend the rest of eternity exploring the universe and it's time line as it is without any influence from me. I would shrink down and directly observe the tiniest of events at the quantum level. I would back out and see the universe as a whole. I would go back in time to watch life begin. I would enter the core of a star and shrink down to watch hydrogen atoms fuse. I would enter a black hole, take time back to it's formation, and then accelerate time to it's end. I would travel to the ends of the universe and see all the beauty I can. I would watch the lives of those I love. I would watch the lives of my ancestors. Once I had seen all there is to see in this universe and time line I would copy it, make small changes, and watch the macroscopic effects of these tiny changes over time.

Also I would go and check out Helen of troy while she was nude. I am curious to see what her legendary beauty actually looked like. I would also be childish and check out different women I have been interested in.

Finally I would attempt to make a better version of this universe and time line. Then I would make my own universe. I would gather and copy all the movies and games ever made, and ever to be made, and watch/play them. I would go back and witness how they were made.

You fools ask for money or love. I ask to become all powerful.

I would like to be able to manipulate time, space, and matter in any way I choose. I would spend the rest of eternity exploring the universe and it's time line as it is without any influence from me. I would shrink down and directly observe the tiniest of events at the quantum level. I would back out and see the universe as a whole. I would go back in time to watch life begin. I would enter the core of a star and shrink down to watch hydrogen atoms fuse. I would enter a black hole, take time back to it's formation, and then accelerate time to it's end. I would travel to the ends of the universe and see all the beauty I can. I would watch the lives of those I love. I would watch the lives of my ancestors. Once I had seen all there is to see in this universe and time line I would copy it, make small changes, and watch the macroscopic effects of these tiny changes over time.

Also I would go and check out Helen of troy while she was nude. I am curious to see what her legendary beauty actually looked like. I would also be childish and check out different women I have been interested in.

Finally I would attempt to make a better version of this universe and time line. Then I would make my own universe. I would gather and copy all the movies and games ever made, and ever to be made, and watch/play them. I would go back and witness how they were made.

With great power comes great responsibility.

^

Gross!

Anyway, the Top Gear guys are douchey aaasssssssholes. Clarkson thowing a fit over his steak. Good riddance! I've said before in regards to that clip, they caught flak because they came into the town and acted like dicks. They called them racists, but notice there were a couple of people whose skin tone was a darker pigment in the truck.

Edited by Dwaine

Never heard of Top Gear?

Nope. I don't really even pay attention to reality TV shows without Gordon Ramsay, and if they've not been on The Soup, then no, never heard of it. Haven't had cable for most of the past 6 years. Did for about a year and a half when I first moved in with my wife, but never really watched anything.

Our wish is to make chess more popular. 

This, and a good weather so my flowers don't wither.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Thanks Ben Parker :). That's why I would just be an observer until I make my own universe.

Sounds like you should change your handle to SamTheWatcher.

At the moment, I'd wish to be able to fix or obtain anything I wanted by simply desiring so.

Nothing such as having a bunch of money, but rather being able to deal with those problems I have right now. Those things that to one may be insignifcant, but to myself are as precious as gold or even more.

Helping others would be cool too.

I think there would have to be some sort of limiter to the ability.

Second wish, if that one did not qualify: levitate ability. :lrsmile: OR travel to a world of my choosing.