Dragon Quest VIII coming to 3DS!

DQIX is just as epic as VIII. Don't know why it's getting so much hate.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to be furious if Square-Enix decides to localize VIII and not VII.   I've been waiting for over two years now Square-Enix!

I won't support this in the US unless it's super upgraded or we get DQVII. I've never said that before, but I'm sick of $#!&ing ports. Especially the same damn game a year apa

YEAH? WELL, YOU'RE A ZUCCHINI WITH 12 POSTS - BANNED!!!!!!!

DQIX is just as epic as VIII. Don't know why it's getting so much hate.

It's not that I hate it, it's that it's a completely different style of game.  It's chibi throughout the whole game where as VIII is full size.  The graphics are more smooth, and the scenery in DQ VIII is very relaxing.  I used to just travel around to find nice areas to look at the beautiful spots in the game where the scenery is breath taking.

IX was fun to a certain limit, but to me it just lacked in the story department.

I thought dqix had a better story than viii personally. The individual town stories in ix were more interesting to me, and the overall arch was pretty neat.

Welcome back, Saro. Congrats on the NeoGAF ban.

Haha, yeah. That place already had a stick up its butt and it must've had some sort of accident recently that jammed it in even further.

Incidentally I can banned for saying "$#!& square Enix. They killed Dragon Quest."

Not sure what you meant by welcome back though. I'm on this site every day lol.

Edited by Megalosaro

I think the main problem is SE Japan, I think SE North America at least can be reached to speak with but Japan, I think speaking with them is very very difficult.

Banned for the GAF, I think that came about with the breakdown around the banning of bh7812, and removal of most of his posts.  It became a personal war around SE and Dragon Quest, and basically going after the guy personally, including releasing his home address, work address, family addresses, credit card numbers, and a few other things on the GAF before those posts were pulled.  So they banned bh7812.  I have a feeling the reason Aeana and a few others are being quiet of late, is due to the insane backlash from a few fans.  I don't doubt for a second the mods at the GAF are being extra careful about starting any flame war regarding Dragon Quest at all, or any reminder that might trigger anything, so they're just banning indiscriminately.

It's not the first time they ban over an attempt to keep the peace, even if you don't start anything.  I've seen people say "$#*@# Square Enix" on that site before, and in relation to Dragon Quest releases, and no ban back then, so the whole bh7812 incident is likely the reason for the ban now.  Thought policing in a sense is my guess.  They just go overboard more often than not.  It's like GameFAQs moderation on steroids.  They let people go crazy, until there's something that could pose a potential lawsuit threat to the site.  Then they start banning anything related to it, even as benign a relation as it gets.

Bannings...it makes me think about Gaiaonline back in the day... I laugh so hard when I think about those days especially with all the virtual currency for posting.  It was funny!

I remember some users back in 2004 had millions in glitched gold and gave it away to many users. So the mods just banned everyone who had glitched gold.  Then there was a huge campaign to unban them.  I remember a user made a flash showing a picture of a user then with a slash over them and then it would say BANNED...all because they accepted....a donation.  Then another user... it did like 10 users... then 

said  We know the Gaia admins will do the right thing and unban them.  It was a huge ban scare...they had a couple of them after that for various reasons.

Anyways... I'm really digressing.

I will only say this in relation - I have a love/hate relationship with SE because of their business practices and that's all.

I remember the stuff with bh7812 from Gamefaqs.  I heard it got insanely bad.  I have to admit, his posts had an air of truth to them.  I believe that he may have heard what he claimed, but then things changed for some reason.

Incidentally I can banned for saying "$#!& square Enix. They killed Dragon Quest."

Telling the truth on GAF? You know better than that!

Banned for the GAF, I think that came about with the breakdown around the banning of bh7812, and removal of most of his posts.

Hold up, hold up, hold up! What? I don't go to the site often, but the DQ threads I saw seemed to rehash the same sentiment of the drought. I rarely browse because the site is depressing. Just read one of their infidelity threads.

Edited by Dwaine

I was on GAF recently and always on the lookout for DQ tbreads?? What happened that it involved mass bannings?? I know Aeana is one of the biggest fans there, and she bans justily not trigger happy like other mods. I know talking localization can sometimes ignite into a flame war, but SE hasn't given a damn about the series out West in along time. They keep sayin they tried, but im reality they should let the Atlus, NIS od the world take a shot at localization.

Ouch. Is it easy to be banned from NeoGAF?

It took me 3 months to be approved, and then I was banned 3 days later.

For making a "generalized statement".

Edited by wintermute

They were probably harsher due to you still being a junior. Until you're a full member, you're given no leeway.

They were probably harsher due to you still being a junior. Until you're a full member, you're given no leeway.

But a permanent ban for a small infraction of some vague clause is a bit extreme. It feels like a boys club to me.

Back when I was in high school only one person ever made fun of me for being in the same class as him. He called me a fish. I responded with, "...What?"

"What grade are you in?"

"9th."

"Then you're a FIIIIIIISH!! *dook dook dook*" and he made a little swimming fish motion with his hand.

He gave me this whole diatribe about how he was better than me for being in 10th grade. And kept making that sound and hand motion. I just said, "Yeah, OK." and walked away.

That's exactly what I think of when the site talks about their little class system. I don't care how long you've been 'round. Come here and join the conversation. Just don't be a jerk or creeper and we're cool.

Edited by Dwaine

Yeah, I don't disagree. Its pretty silly. In fact, the whole registration system is weird. Paid emails only? Multi month long wait and approval? They try so hard to be elitist and there is this prevailant atmosphere of smugness.

But it is an active community.

But it is an active community.

That's all it has going for it. But I'd rather use reddit.

Telling the truth on GAF? You know better than that!

Banned for the GAF, I think that came about with the breakdown around the banning of bh7812, and removal of most of his posts.

Hold up, hold up, hold up! What? I don't go to the site often, but the DQ threads I saw seemed to rehash the same sentiment of the drought. I rarely browse because the site is depressing. Just read one of their infidelity threads.

LOL, it happens now and again.  The GAF has its problems, and they are elitist children half the time, but they do some good now and again, and are informative and helpful on occasion.  I'm not one to just write them off entirely.  There are some very helpful posters (like the post I linked to in Liamland's topic asking about Playstation games and HDTV's).

As for bh7812, he was one of the lesser known, but still known, insider people who come out to tell about upcoming elements.  He had enough respect that people would listen to him.  Anyhow, for e3 '14, he stated on the GAF and GameFAQs, his sources claimed Square-Enix? or Nintendo? (I no longer recall, and the thread was pulled ages ago, or at least I haven't been able to find it), was set to show DQ7, that the project was close enough to being finished that they were prepared to give a teaser and a possible announcement.

He kept repeating it, never diverted from his position.  E3 came and went, no DQ7, as we all know.  Some GAF members took it personally.  He still claimed that was his source info, and continued to back his initial statement, saying he wasn't sure what happened.  His personal information was posted on the GAF, along with threats, and I believe, though I didn't see it, death threats.  The thread was pulled, he was banned to keep the peace, and since then he only posts on GameFAQs.  Since then he's posted a few times.  The first couple to talk about what happened on the GAF, which, according to him, and the consistency and manner of writing tells me he's probably telling the truth, is he was stalked, had attempts to take over personal accounts, and strange or threatening calls, and that in attempting to get the mods at the GAF to deal with it, he was banned instead and the offending threads pulled.

That about sums it up.

Edited by ignasia7

Well at least you don't get banned on Reddit just for talking about a game that a moderator doesn't like

No, instead they'll call you all manner of homophobic expletives because you disagree with them and tell you to get over it because this is reddit. As if reddit is the only place on earth you can treat each other like garbage and you should shut the **** up and get the **** out if you disagree. Then when you do leave there will be a page of personal insults from people who don't know you calling you more homophobic insults for leaving and being such a thin-skinned $#!&$.

Edited by eal