Sign in to follow this  
ForteSP

Looking for DQIX Distribution Carts

I have a zoma distribution but I'd love to get my hands on the others, if possible. I'm new here but I consider myself a hardcore dragonquest fan!

What do you mean by distribution carts?

Distribution carts are carts that would be inserted into a DS and used in Tag Mode to distribute special maps in stores, like GameStop or EB Games.

I almost bid on a Zoma cart a few months back. What other distributions were there for DQ9?

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to dump the rom and put whatever map you wanted into it...

What's the location of the Zoma map and the Discovered By name?

I have a bunch of the other NOA[#] maps, from trading with folks at DQIX meet-ups, but I never came across that one.

My Zoma map was listed as NOA1 and was located right next to Stornway.  Location name is "Western Stornway" and is location 5 according to the save editor.

Right.  A lot of the NOA maps are in that location.  Maybe all of them, if I remember correctly.

I could build one out using the save editor, but I already have Zoma map, and to collect an NOA map I would prefer to do that natively, through canvassing.  Thanks for the info, though.  Maybe we should collect a save file and post it to The Den, featuring all of the NOA legacy boss maps--if someone is able to collect them all.

NYC has the following:

Dragonlord - NOA7

Orgodemir - NOA5

Estark - Noa4

Rhapthorne - NOA6

Nokturnus - Noa2

Not all of the Disocovered By's were capitalized.  I'm not sure if that means they were hacked, there's an NOA4 or NOA2 floating around, or if it's just an inconsistency because the maps were created by multiple people on the development side.

I almost bid on a Zoma cart a few months back. What other distributions were there for DQ9?

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to dump the rom and put whatever map you wanted into it...

There is a special sticker on the backside in addition to having a certain user account on the file. You may be able to fake the data, but the backside sticker can't be faked.

There is a special sticker on the backside in addition to having a certain user account on the file. You may be able to fake the data, but the backside sticker can't be faked.

Not really sure what you're getting at. I'm not looking to make bootleg copies, I was wondering what the rom looks like.

Not really sure what you're getting at. I'm not looking to make bootleg copies, I was wondering what the rom looks like.

Oh I thought you were saying we can bootleg the carts. I was confused. 

I was talking about the possibility of creating any missing NOA maps via the save editor, but that I didn't want to, and would prefer to get the maps natively through Canvasse transfer.  That way they would be official maps and not hacked.  That's a little off subject, since the topic was about purchasing the actual distribution carts, but I think that's where the bootleg confusion may have risen.

• Upvote 1

Someone emailed me a save file recently (for DLC updates) and I noticed it had a level 1 Zoma map from NOA1.  I don't think it was a distribution cart (in fact I know it wasn't, because his character name wasn't NOA1), but at some point the distribution cart transferred the map to (or through a series of cart transfers to) this player's cart.  I now have a legit version of the NOA Zoma map to add to the above collection.

Does anyone have the NOA3 map, or know if all 13 legacy bosses were distributed by NOA, featuring this number system?

Edited by Liamland

Someone emailed me a save file recently (for DLC updates) and I noticed it had a level 1 Zoma map from NOA1.  I don't think it was a distribution cart (in fact I know it wasn't, because his character name wasn't NOA1), but at some point the distribution cart transferred the map to (or through a series of cart transfers to) this player's cart.  I now have a legit version of the NOA Zoma map to add to the above collection.

Does anyone have the NOA3 map, or know if all 13 legacy bosses were distributed by NOA, featuring this number system?

The bosses given out by nintendo were

1) Malroth (Simon's Mall) 

2) Orgodemir (Best Buy)

3) Estark (Best Buy)

4) Zoma (GameStop)

All on their own separate events, with separate carts.

Edited by ForteSP

We also have a Dragonlord discovered by NOA7.  I'm not sure its origin, but it's possible it came from one of the Nintendo World launch events.  I'll ask RPG Wizard about it the next time I see him.

We also have a Dragonlord discovered by NOA7.  I'm not sure its origin, but it's possible it came from one of the Nintendo World launch events.  I'll ask RPG Wizard about it the next time I see him.

No dragonlord distribution ever existed, though. The carts look like this $_12.JPG

There were only the ones I listed. Others may have been programmed into the database, but never actually were distributed via cart/official release.