Sign in to follow this  
IvorEvilen

Help Requested for My Master's Thesis (please play my game)

Hello everyone, it's been a longtime since I posted (I still actually visit the forums daily, old habit I guess). Anyway, I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I need help! I am in the process of completing my master's thesis, but I don't have enough participants in my research study.

The game I am using for my research is a game I have been working on for nearly two years now, that has heavy influences from Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. Originally it was a project to create Dragon Warrior IV in 3D (and some of those art assets have yet to be replaced, so it does have a similar feel).

Due to IRB, I have to forward the following (follow the link in this quote):

Help requested!

I am currently conducting a study for my master's thesis. I am looking for people who play video games, do not experience color blindness, and are at least 18 years of age to participate. Participation is easy (follow the link below), it only takes about 15 minutes!

I am looking for a large number of people within the designated population, so if you are able to participate, it would be greatly appreciated. The time window for participation is through May 20th, but I would ask that if you do participate, do so as soon as possible.

https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8wynA5CVBjyAivr

Thank you so much!

---

I decided to attach some screenshots to entice everyone :P

Edited by IvorEvilen

Hey Ivor,

No problem.  If it only takes 15 minutes to play, I'll give this a shot at lunchtime.

Thanks.

Liam

Edited by Liamland

What is your deadline, I might try to hit it this weekend.

Unfortunately the white text doesn't show up on the mobile site. If you use the default text color, it appears white on desktop and black on mobile.

Stripped out the color tags of the post, let me know if that helps.

Oh, thanks for that.  For some reason the text was appearing black on my end, so I changed it to white... not really sure how that happened in the first place.

The deadline is the 20th (for now).  I am having issues scheduling my defense, so I'd rather be done with everything sooner, as opposed to later.

Note:  The game can't be played on mobile.

Edited by IvorEvilen

Damn. I'd love to help but I am extremely colorblind.

As for being on mobile, I'm just not home at the moment.

Damn. I'd love to help but I am extremely colorblind.

As for being on mobile, I'm just not home at the moment.

Well, you're welcome to still play any of the demos.  The survey itself will redirect you to the links if you aren't eligible to participate.

I can't on this computer.  Won't load the game, but I have to buy some movie tickets for tomorrow, so I should have some time on a machine that can.  I'll try and remember to check back here when I do.

Ivor, are those DQIV GBC sprites in your avatar? Did you make them yourself?

Ivor, are those DQIV GBC sprites in your avatar? Did you make them yourself?

Yeah.  I made a full set for the primary cast a long time ago... I never finished Saro or Doran though.  I also made some for a few other characters, like the DQVI, DQVII, and DQVIII heroes.

Although I would love to help you out with your study, the quote says that you are "looking for people who... are at least 18 years of age." I won't be 18 until mid-October this year. I'm really sorry...

Done, I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing :)

Thanks so much guys!  Almost halfway to my target, but I've got another eight days to go~

I'll keep you guys posted on what I find from the data, if you're interested.

Edited by IvorEvilen