Sign in to follow this  
ignasia

Another way to help push Dragon Quest...

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/square-enix-e3-2015-conference

It's been up for awhile, but only 24 comments, we could and should really push this number up.  I'm not sure if anyone else has posted about this, and if so, my apologies for a repeat, but I could find nothing.

Let's show our support and demand for Dragon Quest VII and X, and Dragon Quest in general.  Let's get those blog numbers WAY up (100+).

This is a good start, getting those blog posts up all about Dragon Quest is great idea. Another good start I'd suggest is to go to any Dragon Quest Miiverse page and rally there. After all Nintendo took note of EarthBound fans when they wanted a Virtual Console release of it outside of Japan. How about a big Miiverse rally too?

• Upvote 1

My own personal comment/response:

Hello Square-Enix,

This is the fourth time I've commented on your blog. Unlike most other Dragon Quest fans, I actually believe there's a definite chance for Dragon Quest VII, however, given the recent announcement of Dragon Quest Heroes, and the mobile releases, it has grown worrisome that we've yet to see any attempt to capture on the constant train of both paid and free journalism covering these releases and announcements.

The 3DS has a plethora of fantastic Dragon Quest releases, and while all of them are remakes, they are classified as some of the best, if not THE best versions. Dragon Quest VII is almost a whole new game, given the sheer volume of changes from its original incarnation, rendering a realistically new experience unseen since the US GBC release of Dragon Warrior III, and again with the mobile release of the original Erdrick trilogy. This could easily be passed to the fans who were aware of, and who have played the original PS1 release of Dragon Warrior VII, as a whole new experience, and essentially a new game.

We've also seen several years go by, and with no direct competition for style, look, feel, play control, play style, and general open, intuitive, and fun atmosphere found in any Dragon Quest, no release or even a mention of release of Dragon Quest X. Sure it may seem as though there is a limited base that would be willing to play. That the market is far too saturated, but the same argument can be made of Japan, Korea, and even China. There are no games that play like, look like, feels like, or has that same level of just plain fun and engaging atmosphere, along with the unique features, that Dragon Quest X offers. There are so many cheap and simple ways of introducing this game to the US, as a test run, where if numbers are good, perhaps expanding the game. Connecting them directly to the Japanese servers first, to reduce costs up-front, to allow faster pay-off of the initial translation, then if successful, expanding to US direct servers. Sure ping would be poor at first, but the way the game functions, people have been able to play from far off lands, without any issues already. Why not capitolize on that?

What I'm getting at is...this e3 is really a last stopping point for hope for most of the Dragon Quest fanbase. Sure, most of us realize that due to the recent announcement of DQHeroes, and the positive direction taken in looking at the release as a new dawn for the series, this speaks volumes for hope that maybe we might see the games we've all been hoping for. Our 3DS' thirst (and I haven't purchased one yet because I'm waiting ON Dragon Quest VII) for Dragon Quest, and using this opportunity to start a smart, media and social media campaign to tease, then use e3 as an announcement, would certainly be prudent and smart given the gaming lull as a whole, and the perfect opportunity to capitalize on all the attention garnered from the recent positive direction.

Even if your company is working out dealings with Nintendo as to who WILL release the game (this is what I believe anyhow, given Nintendo console, and Nintendo's promise back in '08, and Nintendo actually having paid for part of DQ6, 9, and Joker's localization efforts), maybe working out something where both of you are seen as being party to this. Like Nintendo releases, but jointly with your company, so it's seen as you care, and we get that Nintendo guarantee of constant reprints over time, as I think DQ7 would sell VERY well in this RPG starved market. OH, that brings me to one other point...DQ9 and 8 sold VERY WELL because they were marketed. There are other cheaper avenues to explore as well, on top of serious ad campaigns. So please use this e3 opportunity for some DQ love, especially DQ7 and DQ10. I think you'd win over a lot of fans who still feel disenfranchised because they're confused at all the mixed signals.

Thank you, and my apologies for the lengthy commentary,
Alexander Langella

This is a good start, getting those blog posts up all about Dragon Quest is great idea. Another good start I'd suggest is to go to any Dragon Quest Miiverse page and rally there. After all Nintendo took note of EarthBound fans when they wanted a Virtual Console release of it outside of Japan. How about a big Miiverse rally too?

I agree, if anyone could do that, and also link to this as a way to capture more and more responses, that would be fantastic.  I mean, if we could get to 200+ responses...that would be huge.

Edited by ignasia7

I agree, if anyone could do that, and also link to this as a way to capture more and more responses, that would be fantastic.  I mean, if we could get to 200+ responses...that would be huge.

I've been trying to contact Operation Hero to get something like a huge Miiverse rally, but I've been getting no response from Operation Hero about this idea. Maybe we could start it on this forum and get it big?

I just shared on my pages and sent Op. Hero's owner a the link in a PM.

I just shared on my pages and sent Op. Hero's owner a the link in a PM.

Excellent...Excellent!

I made a gameFAQs post on it.  Anyone want to do some Twitter feeds about it?

I also sent a message to Operation Hero regarding Miiverse campaigning. Anybody willing to do a Miiverse campaign? Also, I don't use Twitter so I think someone else should handle that.

I posted to the Den's Twitter, Facebook and G+

• Upvote 1

I posted to the Den's Twitter, Facebook and G+

Nice, thanks Woodus.

I'll be sure to voice my thoughts too. Is there a deadline for how long we have to post?

I don't think so. It's just a blog post, so I don't think comments would close at any point.

If someone could put the G+ page on here, I'll post on it, and later on this week I'll make a post for DQ7 on the page.

I wouldn't bother with X. Too much money, not enough returns.

Cool.  While not too low, I felt a need to bump this.  I'm hoping we can see something like near 100 posts at least.  Anything on other social media outlets, aside from posts on the den's various accounts, and op hero?  Anyone done a Miiverse push?  Anyone want to make a post on the GAF?

If someone could put the G+ page on here, I'll post on it, and later on this week I'll make a post for DQ7 on the page.

I wouldn't bother with X. Too much money, not enough returns.

So is that ignorant statement why my posts and anyone elses posts supporting X gets deleted?  

Theirs alot of oldschool mmo players like myself who would want something similar to the MMOs of old again, before everything became a linear path themepark Devs are forced to do to get the major market, the casual player, to buy/subscribe/cash shop theyre product. If they market DQX CORRECTLY, even just allow us to play on the Japanese Data centers or hell, make servers on there in the Japanese Data center for US/EU players, they can save alot of money on having to source out another group in the US or EU to manage servers, or they can just simply have the people taking care of the FFXIV Servers up in Canada handle it too.  However it is not needed, DQX doesnt require the super small latency most current mmos now do.  But they market it right, alot of old schoolers like myself would gladly want to play it, even all the ones who never heard of Dragon Quest games would want to play it BECAUSE of all the old school elements DQX uses that we enjoyed. 

Stop bashing on X. You should be supportive of it like all the other Dragon Quests. This post is now on copy for quick repaste like the other one I had to do I noticed, wasnt deleted because I warned id repost it. 

Edited by Alexandrious

Well since my post must've been deleted because it contained Alexandrious' post, I just wanna say that there's no harm in asking for X as well as asking for VII. Better than doing nothing about it based on assumption. Plenty out there thought Bravely Default or Dragon Quest Heroes would've never been localised.

Cool. While not too low, I felt a need to bump this. I'm hoping we can see something like near 100 posts at least. Anything on other social media outlets, aside from posts on the den's various accounts, and op hero? Anyone done a Miiverse push? Anyone want to make a post on the GAF?

I want to start a Miiverse push. I just want the idea to be spread around, and there to be a specific plan of action. Like we write our message in both English and Japanese that we want VII and X. Edited by Charski

Pretty sure your posts are deleted for other reasons besides "ignorant statements," Alexandrious.

And no one has to support a game if they don't want to. I don't really care about X myself, but hey if it comes our way I'd at least try and spread the word about it.

Actually ill do one better.

My girlfriend, hates Dragon Quest, thinks its slow, childish, cartoony.  But she loves mmos, and loved how the old school ones Everquest, FFXI, some others, played, worked, had their dungeons and lands and questing and such done.  How it wasnt LINEAR.  I told her all about Dragon Quest X and spite she doesnt like Dragon Quest, she wants to play Dragon Quest X very badly after I had her play the PC Japanese version some, because it reminds her of the mmos of old.

Thats right, a person who doesnt like Dragon Quest at all, wants to play X because it has alot of OLD SCHOOL MMO elements.  Think on that awhile. 

Oh and she commented on that E3 post btw for DQX.  Yep. 

Yangus: no im pretty sure they get deleted when I say things against what another poster believes.  I dont care if they support or not, just dont openly bash it. 

Edited by Alexandrious
  • Upvote 1

How about we get this message spreading on Dragon Quest Miiverse pages?

北米ã¨ãƒ¨ãƒ¼ãƒ­ãƒƒãƒ‘ドラゴンクエストXã¨ãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã‚¯ã‚¨ã‚¹ãƒˆVII ï¼Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest VII for North America and Europe!

A good time to do this too would probably when/if the Miiverse pages are most active as well.

Edited by Charski

One thing that bothers me about Miiverse is that if you don't own the game, your posts aren't openly visible.

For example, the DQX community. I'm always supporting Dragon Quest on Miiverse, but the only way someone will actually see it in that community is if they hit the tab to make non-player posts visible. So it might be more effective to do this on communities for popular other games too. I used the Bravely Default community once, for example.

Edited by gooieooie

One thing that bothers me about Miiverse is that if you don't own the game, your posts aren't openly visible.

For example, the DQX community. I'm always supporting Dragon Quest on Miiverse, but the only way someone will actually see it in that community is if they hit the tab to make non-player posts visible. So it might be more effective to do this on communities for popular other games too. I used the Bravely Default community once, for example.

How about the DQX community, along with something else Square Enix related outside Japan? Or how about if someone plays DQX on 3DS or Wii U, we could get them to do a post and any non-player can give the post a ton attention? The post could both be about Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest X. Though I don't think anyone here plays DQX on 3DS or Wii U. Edited by Charski

Yeah, that's a good idea. I think Bravely Default is a good Western community to hit. As for DQX, I suppose we could all just post on there and cross our fingers it gets seen?

Alternatively, we could go across Miiverse.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I think Bravely Default is a good Western community to hit. As for DQX, I suppose we could all just post on there and cross our fingers it gets seen?

Alternatively, we could go across Miiverse.

Of course, we just need someone who plays DQX on Wii U/3DS. Then we could get any Dragon Quest fan that has access to Miiverse to link them to the post, post there, and spread word of this post. It also needs to be written in both Japanese and English like I suggested. We also need an active Square Enix Miiverse game page too, like Bravely Default. Better to go straight to anything Square Enix related rather than going all over Miiverse. If need be for Miiverse community alternatives, where else could there be? Edited by Charski

Hm... I dunno. I know someone in the DQX board has the 3DS version, I just can't remember who...