Sign in to follow this  
jamiras843

Open Source VX Ace

I down loaded real RTP from the new english release. Also I remembered some of it was from XP as well.

XP version of overworld.

Original Dungeon theme.

Wight's Theme

It seems that all the examples were from XP RTP so here is an example of 2003 song.

https://soundcloud.com/jamiras843/totd-gbc-one-castle-remains

My castle theme.

Original 2003 version.

I haven't touched RPG Maker in awhile, I've been busy with work. Here are screenshots of actual locations in the game though.

vypezm.jpg

A bright castle like setting of elves.

kdvhwj.png

This is where almost everything is custom, I am adding two variants to Dracolord's Castle, which is shown and Hargon's Tower. I also added tiles to make the walls look destroyed as well as the floors and carpets, the carpet stairs I made too :). Those are 100% new, as well as some destroyed town decor not shown, such as old beds, and upturned stools. All and all a good add I think. 

Edited by jamiras843

2629ixl.png

Caves and dungeons are almost done for DW 1&2. Not counting custom tile sets or final boss areas there are 9 caves and 5 dungeon themed tile sets... that's a lot of options for just one graphical style! Don't forget that DW3 and DWM1&2 are also included so that is a LOT of different styles to choose from. Sorry it has been slow going but I feel that people will enjoy this. 

2629ixl.png

Caves and dungeons are almost done for DW 1&2. Not counting custom tile sets or final boss areas there are 9 caves and 5 dungeon themed tile sets... that's a lot of options for just one graphical style! Don't forget that DW3 and DWM1&2 are also included so that is a LOT of different styles to choose from. Sorry it has been slow going but I feel that people will enjoy this. 

Oh 3 is included? I thought that was going to be in the next batch.

No it was going to be all inclusive. All GBC tiles in one source! Pretty nifty eh?

Holiday Update: So this is taking longer than expected, DWM2 has A METRIC $#!& TON of different tiles and styles, so ripping them is slow going. but here is some screenshots

zl5dzr.png

Familiar place but now with the grave world tile sets with the animated drifting sky of the Limbo World. Its pretty cool I say.

2v8fm6f.png

This is the same place, but with some custom graphics thrown in. I like it so niw its out :3.

• Upvote 1

A bit too much green in the second screenshot, but looked fine in the first one.

Edited by rmcin329

It may be a bit much but honestly it's looks pretty cool in game (after eye adjustment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's this coming along? I had an idea for a somewhat small project that I could work on during the workweeks when I am not home that could very much use this GBC template. Compiling all the graphics is the longest and hardest part of game design for me. (No phallic joke intended.)

Did the DQ Swords topic start your pun radar pinging, Erdrick. That's the 2nd post I wouldn't have thought of the pun without you mentioning it!

I'm working on it steadily. DWM has so many different types of tiles and that is taking the biggest chunk of my time. Plus the past few weekends I've been trying to catch up with DWC 2. 

I have not, I probably won't either. I mean for fangames Ace is pretty versatile, so while MV may be all suave and sleek with its ability to put games on phones, that's not good for fangames as I see a bunch off C&D's lining up. Ace is a good choice I think, much better than classic VX and the classics such as 2000 and 2003. Much easier to play with the scripting and neater.

Though I'm sure the RTP's will be of similar set up meaning I think my Tile images could be imported into MV and used, just not the scripts.

Edited by jamiras843

The tiles are a different size in MV.  I've been switching mine over.  You just resize them to 150%. 

How can I show my photos and videos here for you guys to see? 

They're 48 by 48. Save you the trouble of having to post photos.

On another note, no almost finished VX Ace games are considering a maker switch unless they don't use custom scripts. You can't port all the custom fancy scripting at all.

Edited by Adol

Well good to know, anyhow here is a basic update.

I am currently going to release the source with just DW1&2 tiles. I've officially got my orders so I won't have internet save on my phone so I won't be able to do much for about 10 months. I am going to finish the demo game right quick and release the source as is. I will include templates for the tile sets so people can make their own. There will be a NES source as well, with different script set ups.

• Upvote 2

ok neat just relax and drink some coffee milk man you look kind of messed up :(

ok neat just relax and drink some coffee milk man you look kind of messed up :(

I think that's costume makeup.

Well good to know, anyhow here is a basic update.

I am currently going to release the source with just DW1&2 tiles. I've officially got my orders so I won't have internet save on my phone so I won't be able to do much for about 10 months. I am going to finish the demo game right quick and release the source as is. I will include templates for the tile sets so people can make their own. There will be a NES source as well, with different script set ups.

Thanks for all your hard work. I wish you good luck while you're gone. I imagine it's pretty hard to do so, but please stay safe.

I'm actually just going to Texas, but it's a military school which means absolutely no free time and it's under TRADOC which means very strict rules, curfews, and general BS that is usually reserved for new soldiers who have no discipline or self control. When I get back though... the rumors are flying about where in the world our unit is going. 

That sucks. I thought you already completed all your training, why would they send you there?

New job, didn't want to be a medic any longer

New job, didn't want to be a medic any longer

Ah. What are you training for now?

BMET training or bio-medical electronic technician. I'll be fixing hospital equipment instead of people

BMET training or bio-medical electronic technician. I'll be fixing hospital equipment instead of people

Machines $#!&@ a whole lot less about their treatment.