It shows original Yuji Horii sketches and what Toriyama turned them into. 

http://tinycartridge.com/post/117098336992/dragon-quest-sketches-vs-completed-designs-whoa

That's pretty awesome. Funny how the closest one to the original (excluding the slime king) is the monster covered in sticks whose name escapes me.

... is the monster covered in sticks whose name escapes me.

I know it as Minion from DQ4, but I think the real translation is Saccer?

I've had these on the Shrine, for like, 15 years!

... is the monster covered in sticks whose name escapes me.

I know it as Minion from DQ4, but I think the real translation is Saccer?

I think you're right. I'm trying to remember the GBC translation name, and I believe it was Saccer or something very close to it.

Those are really nice!

I also have to mention this... I randomly decided to type everyone's name from Dragon Quest VIII in google image search and was appalled at all the hentai art there is of everyone!  They didn't spare any character the humiliation!  All 4 main and the NPCs!  Red, Valentina, Rosalind, and it was just wrong what they did to Bangers and Mash!  It was actually really disturbing!

Whoever drew these has great skills and is a professional, and I just can't believe they would draw that kind of smut for such good looking art to be ruined by :(

Edited by Madrigal

I really like these!! I find it kind of cool to see what the monsters could have looked like. In fact, I don't think Yuji Horii's original sketches are that bad! They're pretty distinctive.

Shrine?

Tread carefully. Dwaine loves his banhammer. 

Shrine?

Tread carefully. Dwaine loves his banhammer.

But I haven't sighed at the end of a single post.

*sigh*

Edited by Plattym3

I'm curious: is this is the same process used for the games playable characters?

Those are really nice!

I also have to mention this... I randomly decided to type everyone's name from Dragon Quest VIII in google image search and was appalled at all the hentai art there is of everyone!  They didn't spare any character the humiliation!  All 4 main and the NPCs!  Red, Valentina, Rosalind, and it was just wrong what they did to Bangers and Mash!  It was actually really disturbing!

Whoever drew these has great skills and is a professional, and I just can't believe they would draw that kind of smut for such good looking art to be ruined by :(

Apparently you are unaware of rule 34.  XD

Wow. O_o Cool as hell.