It was attached to Alita: Battle Angel and it seemed to me like they basically showed the whole movie from start to finish in less than three minutes.
I only ever watched the first movie and liked it well enough. I also respected that Dreamworks wasn’t rushing the movies and that apparently the animated show brought back most of the movie cast and kept chugging along until the last movie came out. Don’t care about the franchise, but it seemed like it was done right.
The movie was good!
  • Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NO YOU SHUT IT IT NEEDED TO BE DANNY DEVITO AUST YOU ARE WRONG FOR WANTING JOE PESCI WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FAK YOU.   But yeah, Joe Pesci could have worked.

I’m glad others find that movie funny in places. Sorry, but while I like Star Wars....boy, A New Hope just has some weird #$*! in it. Did you notice how some characters (especially Leia) has a British

My wife's out of town so I put this classic on the TV screen.   I miss the 80's. They don't make movies like this anymore.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

The movie was good!

It’s a good trilogy of movies. The show, while TV quality, did do a decent job with story telling and expanding on the world of the movies. Honestly the How yo Train Your Dragon movies are some of the best ones Dreamworks makes along with the Kung Fu Panda movies. Panda 2 was especially good.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s a good trilogy of movies. The show, while TV quality, did do a decent job with story telling and expanding on the world of the movies. Honestly the How yo Train Your Dragon movies are some of the best ones Dreamworks makes along with the Kung Fu Panda movies. Panda 2 was especially good.

I would argue that Shrek is also good in an unironic way, memes aside. The last three were meh, but it was never bad.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, eal said:

I would argue that Shrek is also good in an unironic way, memes aside. The last three were meh, but it was never bad.

I actually forgot to include Shrek in that post of mine. All the memes aside, it is genuinely a good movie too. I’d argue Shrek 2 is as well since it felt like a good sequel movie, but the others....not so much.

Just now, Plattym3 said:

Shrek memes? I don't believe I've ever seen one.

You know the song All Star by Smash Mouth? Some memes revolve around that and how it opens up the movie. I don’t know (or care) what the meme is called, but I call it the Shrek Door meme. Basically people take the scene of Shrek slamming the door of his outhouse open, which is when the song All Star starts playing in the film and put it into random scenarios.

There are a lot of others like “Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life,” to name an example.

I never liked the humor of Shrek, and I never was interested in the Panda movies, but I loved How to Train your Dragon (and the TV shows I have watched; I'm still missing like two seasons).

Latest movie I watched (twice and counting) was Captain Marvel.

I really worried that they would make it nothing but politics, but that was not the case, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I really like the Kree, and I loved how they were portrayed in the movie. Even if they did not have a lot of screen time and had some changes from the comics version, like Minn-Erva, the Supreme Intelligence and Ronan, I think they all looked great and left a good taste.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Us was a good movie!

It’s getting a weird reception at the moment however. At first, critics were losing their minds over it, probably thinking in their heads they and the audience enjoyed it as much as Get Out. But that’s not what’s going on. Audiences seem somewhat split. They see plot holes and everyone is getting a different meaning out of it, which is important because the meaning was more clear and defined in Get Out.

My impression is that it has a universal meaning, fear of The Other, and that the plot holes and further meaning in the film are meant to be filled in by the viewer. You can google the plot holes and someone on Reddit or any other forum is gonna give a different interpretation of events. As for the meaning, I’ve seen things as wild as “black mental health” and more simple theories as “privilege.” People who are unwilling to let the movie be pure metaphor and symbolism and fill the plot holes in themselves the way I feel the movie was meant to be experienced aren’t enjoying it as much.

Personally, I enjoyed it and would consider it a strong 8 to a light 8.5 out of 10.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Panda 2 as the weakest of the Panda series, though I think it has interesting ideas; my favorite is Panda 3, which springboards very nicely off of where things left off in the first Panda movie,

I liked the first How to Train Your Dragon, liked the villain's artistry (it takes style to foil three different characters) in the second How to Train Your Dragon, but haven't heard very encouraging things about the third.

My favorite part of the movie was when Howard the Duck showed up and saved the day. I always knew there was a reason he started showing up in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

My favorite part is all the press interviews where the actors can’t say anything about the movie and try to talk about literally anything else.

• Like 1
Then they all throw shade at Brie Larson.
Ugh, she looks like she's in Seinfeld's pirate puffy shirt.

Speaking of Brie, just finished up Captain Marvel. Excellent movie.

Time to finish this though, Endgame next tonight!
14 hours ago, eal said:

Man, that just reminds me that there’s nothing cringier then YouTubers still making videos crying about Brie Larson.

I know. They don't need to. She's her own best troll.

• 1 month later...

So, maybe one or two of you remember/have heard of The Banana Splits, an old Hanna Barbera property about a funny animal rock band that experimented with mixing live-action and animation segments.

Well, for those of you who are up for yet another high-quality piece of nostalgic cinema out of Hollywood, they're getting a movie.

And not just any old movie. They're getting a horror movie.

A Five Nights at Freddy's-style horror movie.

18 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

So, maybe one or two of you remember/have heard of The Banana Splits, an old Hanna Barbera property about a funny animal rock band that experimented with mixing live-action and animation segments.

Well, for those of you who are up for yet another high-quality piece of nostalgic cinema out of Hollywood, they're getting a movie.

And not just any old movie. They're getting a horror movie.

A Five Nights at Freddy's-style horror movie.

If there’s one thing I never would have put with the Banana Splits, it’s Five Nights at Freddy’s style horror.

Though whenever I saw the show on Boomerang, I always wondered what was up with the elephant thing. Him I could see being evil. The dog, not so much, but when his voice was provided by the man who voiced Tigger (and in the same style for both characters) it’s hard to think he’d be in a horror movie.

• 5 months later...

Took my girlfriend to see Jojo Rabbit, and let me tell you, nothing in a movie made me laugh harder this year than a scene where a little boy is talking to another boy about who is and isn’t on Germany’s side in the war, and he basically goes (paraphrasing), “we have the Japanese, but between you and me, they don’t look very Aryan.”

I was really surprised by this movie’s ability to bounce from silly humor to total seriousness. I felt like Taika Waititi did a better job here then he did in Thor:  Ragnarok.

The German accents were hit-or-miss. I could hear Jojo slip back into an English accent occasionally, but it’s impressive he managed at all considering he’s like 10 or 11, and his acting was pretty good overall, so he gets a pass. Sam Rockwell seemed to slip into his regular accent at points when his character was exceptionally drunk and he was struggling to do a drunk German accent.

Overall, it was a funny movie with a positive message taking place in Nazi Germany, which is impressive on its own, so give it a watch.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Went to see The Invisible Man yesterday. Super fun movie. Just all around well done. So go see it. It's well worth your time.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Rewatched Next Gen, and it's still a neat little movie with a lot of style -- the setting is roughly Big Hero 6 meets Astro Boy -- but it does waste a lot of potential. We get a world filled with robots, including one of the major characters, but no one has any real conversation about things like AI-personhood or robot laws, a lot of potentially good emotional scenes are deflated by on-the-nose meta jokes, and the final act makes it very clear that the character arcs and even the plot are being swept aside  -- the villain shows up out of nowhere to move into the final stages of his plan and is even called out for showing up from out of nowhere, but the movie steamrolls ahead anyway -- to focus on a big robot fight.

It's like somebody put in about 80% of the effort to make a great film and then punted on the rest, so it's like looking at what could've been A+ work and stamping B- on it.

I’ve been championing Contagion for years in my personal life so it’s surreal seeing people watching it now, in light of the current Coronavirus situation.

You should watch it, it’s good.