29 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Good to know Miss Ōtani has voice work of more than three syllables.

She does pretty much exclusively kid’s shows and Chopper from One Piece. If you look at her Wikipedia, you’ll see the random small part like once every two years, but she mostly plays unusual creatures or mascot characters.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NO YOU SHUT IT IT NEEDED TO BE DANNY DEVITO AUST YOU ARE WRONG FOR WANTING JOE PESCI WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FAK YOU.   But yeah, Joe Pesci could have worked.

I’m glad others find that movie funny in places. Sorry, but while I like Star Wars....boy, A New Hope just has some weird #$*! in it. Did you notice how some characters (especially Leia) has a British

My wife's out of town so I put this classic on the TV screen.   I miss the 80's. They don't make movies like this anymore.  

Posted Images

Not going to read four pages to catch up, but I saw Mark Mothersbaugh mentioned. He's a great artist, but I prefer Josh Mancell, who worked in his studio (at least for a time, dunno if he's still there).

• 2 weeks later...

After many failed attempts, I finally saw Bumblebee yesterday. And I loved it! Easily the best live action Transformers movie! I'm so glad we finally got a good one by a director who knows and enjoys the source material. One little detail I loved was how the original transformation sound is incorporated into every transformation and it mixes with the sounds he makes, so it's natural. All of the humans were enjoyable and served the plot in some way.

Plus it's wonderful to have a real live action Prime who looks like he should and doesn't act like a homicidal maniac. That studio series figure will be mine soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m really excited for Alita this weekend, it’s been so long since I’ve been amped up to see a movie opening week in a theater. It was so awesome seeing the Rotten Tomatoes (critic) score shoot up from the mid to high 30s to low 60s.

This is an assumption, but just from what I’ve seen, it’ll be the kind of movie that conventional movie critics won’t be on board for because it is supposedly very faithful to the OVA of all things. People who like the franchise or sci-fi in general will probably enjoy it more than hard movie people. I was initially really concerned the fights were gonna be terrible based of the trailer, but most reviews and opinions I’ve personally seen have praised them. This all just what I’d like to be the case though.

That being said, this movie is doomed to fail. Alita’s eyes turned people off from the beginning, it’s budget was crazy high ($200 million!!), it’s based off a niche of a niche property, and it was pushed back a couple times. I just really want a good anime American live action adaptation.

Unpopular opinion: Will Smith as Genie isn't horrible. Doesn't have the same feel as the animation version but by no means is complete trash. I think it'll grow on me

3 hours ago, eal said:

I’m really excited for Alita this weekend, it’s been so long since I’ve been amped up to see a movie opening week in a theater. It was so awesome seeing the Rotten Tomatoes (critic) score shoot up from the mid to high 30s to low 60s.

This is an assumption, but just from what I’ve seen, it’ll be the kind of movie that conventional movie critics won’t be on board for because it is supposedly very faithful to the OVA of all things. People who like the franchise or sci-fi in general will probably enjoy it more than hard movie people. I was initially really concerned the fights were gonna be terrible based of the trailer, but most reviews and opinions I’ve personally seen have praised them. This all just what I’d like to be the case though.

That being said, this movie is doomed to fail. Alita’s eyes turned people off from the beginning, it’s budget was crazy high ($200 million!!), it’s based off a niche of a niche property, and it was pushed back a couple times. I just really want a good anime American live action adaptation.

Well this answers why the character looks the way she does. Should have know it was some anime thing.

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well this answers why the character looks the way she does. Should have know it was some anime thing.

That’s what other people said, and maybe that’s confirmed, but my personal theory is that it’s to make Rosa Salazar look younger. The actress is actually like 33.

1 hour ago, JaybirdC said:

So Frozen 2 just dropped a trailer and is being rightfully, righteously mocked for how intense and intensely plotless it is.

I mean, I don’t think it’s really fair to outright mock it because it’s nkt necessarily bad, just vague and out of context, so it’s confusing.

I did make a joke to a friend that it looked like a scene after Olaf died and Elsa wasn’t strong enough to save him, so now she’s training to become strong enough to defeat the antagonist.

Alita: Battle Angel can be summed up in one scene, in which she cries a tear of sadness, then slices it with her sword in mid-air.

It was all worth it just to see Edward Norton play Nova and Christoph Waltz swinging around a giant, engine-powered metal hammer. Alita’s final costume looked like it was straight out of the manga too.

Edited by eal

Saw this on Facebook and I’m happy to hear there will be another year of this.

02A7DBEA-480F-4F6D-8F24-DD757203D516.thumb.jpeg.13837a0ba26740b888cec3987d33da0f.jpeg

Is it bad I want to see just about all of these in theaters even though I already own most of them? Haha

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yes. You're a bad person.

That’s what I thought. 😈

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Does this make you my Evil Twinsie?

I always assumed I was. I do have a goatee, and as TV and movies have taught us it’s that everyone with a goatee is the evil twin.

• Like 1

I know it's not a Ghibli film by any means, but if we're talking about anime in american movie theaters, I'd LOVE to go to a screening of Summer Wars.  Hands down, that's my favorite feature length anime movie.  A dear, late friend of mine showed it to me one fateful summer, and I loved every minute. That's not just furry bias towards King Kazma, either.  It's a vividly animated, well written story that has a lot in it I love.  It chokes me up more and more every time I watch it, I swear.  I break down happily during the climactic moments.  Not ashamed to admit it!

9 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

I know it's not a Ghibli film by any means, but if we're talking about anime in american movie theaters, I'd LOVE to go to a screening of Summer Wars.  Hands down, that's my favorite feature length anime movie.  A dear, late friend of mine showed it to me one fateful summer, and I loved every minute. That's not just furry bias towards King Kazma, either.  It's a vividly animated, well written story that has a lot in it I love.  It chokes me up more and more every time I watch it, I swear.  I break down happily during the climactic moments.  Not ashamed to admit it!

Bokura no War Game.

Same director, nearly identical plot beats. Right up your alley.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World. I've got some serious questions about resource management in this movie. No freaking way those ecosystems could provide the food for both humans and dragons. Geeze, do your homework DreamWorks.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Just watched How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World. I've got some serious questions about resource management in this movie. No freaking way those ecosystems could provide the food for both humans and dragons. Geeze, do your homework DreamWorks.

I’m curious: was the trailer for the movie literally the plot to the whole movie, from start to finish, in sequence? Because that’s what the trailer looked like.

I’m curious: was the trailer for the movie literally the plot to the whole movie, from start to finish, in sequence? Because that’s what the trailer looked like.

Never saw the trailer.

Honestly I rarely if ever see trailers period. Don't have cable, pay for no commercials on Hulu and avoid YouTube like it's Reddit or Pinterest.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:
2 minutes ago, eal said:

Never saw the trailer.

It was attached to Alita: Battle Angel and it seemed to me like they basically showed the whole movie from start to finish in less than three minutes.

I only ever watched the first movie and liked it well enough. I also respected that Dreamworks wasn’t rushing the movies and that apparently the animated show brought back most of the movie cast and kept chugging along until the last movie came out. Don’t care about the franchise, but it seemed like it was done right.

• Like 1