DQ 5 PS2 Debug patch

Bob_the_Almighty

Hey I was wondering if anyone still had the DQ 5 PS2 debug patch.  I recently played through both the iOS and the SNES version of DQ 5 and I want to do the PS2 version but I wouldn't mind using the debug for something like gold.  DQ Translations' website went down (has been under maintenance for a couple of months I think) and I can't seem to find the patch anywhere else. 

I have a copy of Dragon Quest 5 PS2 I bought of eBay two weeks ago and I downloaded the DQ 5 v 1.2 patch off the site so I don't need any of that.  If anyone still has the debug patch on their hard drive somewhere I would appreciate it.

I *kinda* have it. As in, it's on my dying (if not dead) laptop. I'll see if i can get it to run and snag it for you if i can. Theres a couple of things on there that i was hoping to salvage anyways.

If you have a tool like "injectbytes.exe", you can run the following command line to turn a patched game into a debug-patched game:

InjectBytes.exe "Dragon Quest 5 (DW v1.2).iso" 402b5e74 26104200

This oughtta be stickied.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Welp. i gave it my best shot. But it looks like my old laptop will not get passed the start menu, and when i tried to use my ubunto boot disk to see if i could get passed it, it stopped holding a charge. Looks like you'll have to go with King Zeniths suggestion

If you have a tool like "injectbytes.exe", you can run the following command line to turn a patched game into a debug-patched game:

InjectBytes.exe "Dragon Quest 5 (DW v1.2).iso" 402b5e74 26104200

Thanks a lot.  That sounds simple enough.  I thought the instructions would be in the patch PDF (as I read that the 'Read Me' PDF would be updated with that info when I was trying to Google an answer) but no luck.

This outta be stickied.

Sorry.  I take it this gets brought up a lot?  I scanned through the first page and I either missed it or didn't look deep enough.

Welp. i gave it my best shot. But it looks like my old laptop will not get passed the start menu, and when i tried to use my ubunto boot disk to see if i could get passed it, it stopped holding a charge. Looks like you'll have to go with King Zeniths suggestion

It's all good.  Thanks for looking though.

It doesn't get brought up a lot, but the debug patch download was broken for a long time and I had no luck getting it from anybody else. I don't want to lose this information now that it's available.

Really? You could just ask Tom or me.

Heh so you have it dwaine? And all this work to get my laptop up and running again to get it too :P

Seriously I spent like an hour smacking my dying laptop till it worked so I can get the file and other things off of it

Tom is never around D:

Didn't think of asking you Dwaine, sorry. You're the go to guy for art, but I never thought about you having an obscure patch.

You need one of those USB to HDD devices, lets you plug in a SATA or IDE drive to it, with power and then you can plug it into your computer via USB to access it.

You need one of those USB to HDD devices, lets you plug in a SATA or IDE drive to it, with power and then you can plug it into your computer via USB to access it.

Was thinking of it, but most of the data on my laptop was replaceable or backed up. I just had a couple of old text documents that i forgot to carry over but wasn't a big deal to lose.

And unless Dwaine sent you a copy, would you like me to send you the debug.pff so you can host it on the site until the translation website is done with their maintenance?