Sneers

Problem launching

So I have an issue launching the game, and I am pretty sure it is online and I know why that would be a problem , no pay account. But where on my launcher is the offline mode? The error message is attached under the launcher if anyone can tell me what it is.

t6hSNYh.png

DQ-100-106-X is the error code and it means you are trying to log on to DQ X from outside Japan.

Wait I thought they allowed people to do that now?

They did for a while then they put the restriction back in place.

Bleh, back to VPN, but does that mean you need to use a VPN to get offline as well? Or am I doing something wrong.

I don't know anything about the PC version (or guest accounts, for that matter), but there's a message under the online button in your screenshot that says Guest Players can't play Offline Mode.

Hmm , maybe cause i am not signed in yet. But when i use a VPN to get access, it reupdated, and now I don't have a login at all just has a yellow message. Maybe server is down, or maybe I have to re-enter my key for this computer? I am stumped, but I will fiddle with it tomorrow.

So I have an issue launching the game

So it's safe to say you've had a...

0ca7d781496e5d6ed0584336373e2fb1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes you need to log in for offline mode because it wants to check that you have a valid account. I believe tonight is a patch night, but I'm not sure. Also, as mentioned before you definitely need a VPN again if you're not playing on the 3ds. I think I covered all your questions.

To play offline you need to register your account to the game. Click on the button on the lower left to register your account.

I think I know what the problem is. I'll upload a video soon showing how to fix it (assuming I'm right about what it is).

So I know the problem, well I made it a problem so here was the list in order of all the problems I had to launch lol. Firstly though to let everyone know I played DQ10 about a year maybe more ago now so the copy I have is registered under my account name already, or should be. Now for the list.

1.) Thought it was still playable outside of Japan, thanks to ethanej I have fixed first solution which was I am in CT not Japan.

2.) Second issue is after downloading the patch no login screen, this was because it was down at that time.

3.) Third and current problem, because of problem 1.) I am now account blocked from logging in, when I used to play I had this alot cause like an idiot who never learns patterns i kept forgetting to VPN first. 

Edit: Ok I figured out how to unblock, just change your PW. When I login I get a menu with 2 options. One is grayed out, other is quit game, so I cannot get to the offline portion still, is offline also need a credit card? Thought that was free, and for some reason my launcher doesn't feel right. I could have sworn there was a button for offline on it before.

Edited by Sneers

Offline is the Blue button in the launcher. My video will show you how to get that.

So I know the problem, well I made it a problem so here was the list in order of all the problems I had to launch lol. Firstly though to let everyone know I played DQ10 about a year maybe more ago now so the copy I have is registered under my account name already, or should be. Now for the list.

1.) Thought it was still playable outside of Japan, thanks to ethanej I have fixed first solution which was I am in CT not Japan.

2.) Second issue is after downloading the patch no login screen, this was because it was down at that time.

3.) Third and current problem, because of problem 1.) I am now account blocked from logging in, when I used to play I had this alot cause like an idiot who never learns patterns i kept forgetting to VPN first. 

Edit: Ok I figured out how to unblock, just change your PW. When I login I get a menu with 2 options. One is grayed out, other is quit game, so I cannot get to the offline portion still, is offline also need a credit card? Thought that was free, and for some reason my launcher doesn't feel right. I could have sworn there was a button for offline on it before.

Your account is registered to the game, but the application still needs you to register to it as well for you to play offline. As I said, you need to click on the button on the lower left to register your account to the program. You do this each time you install the game on a new computer. It has no relationship to Square Enix. Then the blue offline button will be available. Offline is also saved on the computer itself, so if you change computers you will end up starting from the beginning in offline as well.

• Upvote 1

Your account is registered to the game, but the application still needs you to register to it as well for you to play offline. As I said, you need to click on the button on the lower left to register your account to the program. You do this each time you install the game on a new computer. It has no relationship to Square Enix. Then the blue offline button will be available. Offline is also saved on the computer itself, so if you change computers you will end up starting from the beginning in offline as well.

Thank you!  :)

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 10:51 AM, Ronen910 said:

like I have this problem for switch how do I fix it 

Make sure your Japanese Nintendo account is linked to your Nintendo Switch and after download and install DQX on the Nintendo Switch just log on with your Japanese SE credentials (ID and Password), that's all I did to launch and play my free trial on the Nintendo Switch.

Edited by Tenshi2701
  • Like 1