Hello everyone!  New around the Dragon's Den forums, but an old dog when it comes to Dragon Quest and Dragon Warrior!

As my forum name, I've chosen to represent that scrappy little pooch who points the way to the Golden Key in DW2, mostly to show my age as a gamer, and wear my old-school roots on my sleeve.

I've been playing DQ games ever since the first Dragon Warrior was available for rent at my local video store ( anyone remember those?! ), and later when they gave the surplus copies of same away with subscriptions to Nintendo Power magazine ( anyone remember that, too? ) this all went down in 1989, and I realize some of you folks out there weren't even a naughty wink by then, so show some patience with me as I try to keep up with things around here.  I assure you I love Dragon Quest and video games as deeply as anyone around here.

Hope I'll be greeted fondly!

• Upvote 3

Hey, welcome to the Den! My life as an RPG fan in general and DQ fan specifically began with those surplus DQ games given away by Nintendo Power. I begged my parents to get a subscription, but they wouldn't. Little known to me, but my grandmother had already got a subscription for me and had been having them delivered to her house (2 doors down). At Christmas I got a few magazines and the best game I ever received!

I was in middle school at that point. Don't worry, you're not the only non-youngin around here!

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry for being rude on the newsroom post about the project I'm hosting. I really did appreciate the submission, and I was wrong to be a jerk about it being submitted to the wrong place. 

I hope I haven't scared you off...

Thank you all.

Gooieooie, despite my canine persona here, I acknowledge we're all human. It's all good. :)

Let me make one more post here to the others who were so kind to welcome me here, before I forget. Hope I dont miss any. 

Moldrafin: Diverse interests I see there! I took several years of Karate, myself, reached black belt at 21.  Keep up that track team!

Plattym3: Nice to know the line of Erdrick continues, though not as storied as it was in it heyday.

redneckpride4ever:  Howdy yerself. Let's wrangle some bullfinches!

Yangus the legendary bandit: Cor, it's a right honor to meet ya!  thanks fer greeting wiv open arms full o'boxers.

Tesla: Woof woof. * noses teh buried key and gets shocked by your proximity, due to extensive work with electricity *

Gooieooie: * points to the key you'll need for the journey and barks and wags * All good, man.

Bark.

Welcome to the Den

Mattcraft:  Woof

Woodus: The honor is mine. Excellent job on this amazing place.

Democrobot: This does not scare me. :D

Welcome hope you have a plesent stay look out for all the cats

I thought it was...wait Squirrel?

squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

or

dq2dog_squirrel.png

Edited by Woodus

Hi there! I have just met you, and I have a key for you. It is very very imporrtant that you.. SQUIRREL!

Hi there!

Welcome to the Den!  Sorry for being so late to join in the welcome wagon.  That's a nice original name.  That dog hasn't gotten nearly enough love for his important role in the Dragon Quest series.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Thank you, King Zenith.  I had the idea to tribute the little guy when I took the time to remember just how far my DW / DQ experience goes.  Many good options exist throughout the games' storied history, as far as NPCs, but so few of them have names in the first game.  I was sure there was an Orwick anyway. I settled on an animal theme because the gag potential is so high ( just look at the fun I've had in my welcome thread ), and this is a fun place. So.. earliest animal in the game series of any import? This little fella.

There's my origin story. Your screen name is pretty sweet, too! DQ6, right? I haven't finished that one yet but I think I heard there's a king in Zenithia in that one onstead of the Divine / Master Dragon.

Anyway, pleasure to meet you!

Edited by The Dog of Zahan

So.. earliest animal in the game series of any import? This little fella.

There's my origin story. Your screen name is pretty sweet, too! DQ6, right? I haven't finished that one yet but I think I heard there's a king in Zenithia in that one onstead of the Divine / Master Dragon.

Anyway, pleasure to meet you!

Awesome! I'll give you the "earliest animal" bit, only because the Princess-dog was really a grey area.   And yep, DQ6 features a King in Zenithia.  Of course the DS version went and changed him to "Lord Zenith", but I am sticking with the name for the long haul.

I'll give you the "earliest animal" bit, only because the Princess-dog was really a grey area. 

D'oh! How'd I forget her? Yes, I suppose that makes two questing canines in teh same game, technically. 

DQ2 sure loved dogs, huh?

I'll give you the "earliest animal" bit, only because the Princess-dog was really a grey area.

D'oh! How'd I forget her? Yes, I suppose that makes two questing canines in teh same game, technically.

DQ2 sure loved dogs, huh?

$#!&@es be crazy in that game! Edited by Plattym3