Sign in to follow this  
kandouerik

Dragon Quest Hero in Smash Brothers!

I know its a long-shot, but Nintendo has opened themselves up to possible ideas for new characters in DLC for Super Smash Brothers.

I voted for, and suggest others do the same, for the Dragon Quest Hero.

I wrote in that they could have the first main hero of DQ, as Sword/Shield fighter -- and also include alternate skins for DQ Heroes 2 - 8 (like they did with the Koopa Kids)

I know it likely won't happen -- but it's something intriguing enough that I think, if other people also voted for this, it might be considered. I mean, Dragon Quest is a legacy series for both America and Japan. 3ed party fighters might be an even bigger challenge to be approved -- but, again - Japan REALLY likes Dragon Quest. Lucas was approved, and he doesn't even have a game in America. (though clones as easier, I know) This should at least be taken seriously, if they see enough people submit it.

Remember - only vote once. Here's the link: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Oh my God, I love most of the sword users in Smash but another one is the last thing this game needs. Maybe just vote for a Slime? I mean, I think Wonder Red or Bayonetta are gonna get the vote but still.

Remember also that they couldn't just slap each Hero on as a costume if, by some stroke of luck, they decided to actually do this.

Many of the Heroes have different proportions. Compare VII and VIII's heroes, for example.

I might have said this already elsewhere, but I don't think they would add another 3rd party character at this point. A first or second party character for sure, but another third party addition seems like it wouldn't happen. I'm not ruling it out entirely, mind you.

Personally I'm going to vote for either Wonder Red or Waluigi. I've been playing Wonderful 101 lately and it's greatly raised my wanting of Wonder Red as a playable character.

As for DQ heroes, just do what I did: make Miis of them and turn them into Mii Fighters. Quite a few costumes work for making them, plus with 8 man smash you can put the heroes of 1 - 8 against each other to see who is king!

I voted for Mike Jones. I doubt he will make the cut but it would sure be *radical* if he did. : )

It wouldn't be that difficult for Nintendo to convince Platinum to let them use Wonder Red. Platinum has had nothing but nice things to say about working with Nintendo. SEGA technically owns Bayo, bet it's not like SEGA doesn't have a history of 3rd party characters in Nintendo games.

I might have said this already elsewhere, but I don't think they would add another 3rd party character at this point. A first or second party character for sure, but another third party addition seems like it wouldn't happen. I'm not ruling it out entirely, mind you.

Personally I'm going to vote for either Wonder Red or Waluigi. I've been playing Wonderful 101 lately and it's greatly raised my wanting of Wonder Red as a playable character.

As for DQ heroes, just do what I did: make Miis of them and turn them into Mii Fighters. Quite a few costumes work for making them, plus with 8 man smash you can put the heroes of 1 - 8 against each other to see who is king!

I understand what a first-party character is (Mario, Link).

I get that Slime would be a 3rd-party character.

What would a 2nd-party character be? Example please.

I'm on board with this idea. Have been for years...

Assist trophy: A slime pops out and attacks the opponent.
Level: In the distant background of some basic level you can see a random boss from one of the games fighting the heroes from whatever game they're from.
Character: Since there is no central character to the DQ universe it would be difficult to pick one, but I think the easiest choice is the descendant of Loto from Dragon Quest 1. He would probably play similar to Link, but instead of having the Bow, Bombs, and Boomerang I imagine
B: a move similar to Ness's PK Flash (Hurt/Hurtmore)
→ + B: a short range moderately thin wave is emitted, anyone that touches it falls asleep momentarily (Sleep)
↓ + B: character stands still and gathers a charge. Upon release you regain 1% + (1% per .6 seconds of charging) up to 5%. The ability can't be used again for 3 seconds per 1% regained. (Heal/HealMore)
↑ + B: pauses for a moment, then leaps in the direction you input. If an enemy is in your path the character will slash at them.
Smash Ball: Loto's Descendant brandishes Loto Seal and uses Magic Burst! (High knock back, high damage, medium range radius effect.)

It wouldn't be that difficult for Nintendo to convince Platinum to let them use Wonder Red. Platinum has had nothing but nice things to say about working with Nintendo. SEGA technically owns Bayo, bet it's not like SEGA doesn't have a history of 3rd party characters in Nintendo games.

This is all true. I believe Wonderful 101 is a first party title (with assistance from Platinum of course since they helped develop it), so like you said eal it shouldn't be hard to get Wonder Red in if he has enough support. Heck he's already got a full color scheme: the 7 main Wonderful 100 and his rival the Prince (the name escapes me right now).

As for second party, I think (and someone correct me if I have this wrong) is a character from a company owned by a "parent" company. The Polemon characters, Ness and any Earthbound/Mother characters, and Kirby series characters fall into this category.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Another example of second party characters (although not Nintendo examples): Jak and Daxter, Joel and Ellie from The Last of Us, and Drake from Uncharted are all 2nd party characters to Sony, as they are Naughty Dog's characters, but Sony effectively owns Naughty Dog.

Each hero has almost the same abilities of some type.

Bayonetta the character is not owned by Platinum. She is owned by SEGA. She is a third-party character. Nintendo simply had the rights to the second game since they threw money at the development that SEGA wouldn't. They just so happened to have a console to make it for exclusively. If any other company had their way, they would have tried to make it for the Xbox One 360/One or PS3/4 so they could make as much money as they could and since companies like Ubisoft or EA or Activision don't have their own consoles, unlike Nintendo, who does.

Who owns what is dependent on how the money flows in a business deal. There's really no set rules to how a company owns one character or another but not the game.