There should be something special in 2017 for the Den's 20th Anniversary. I don't know what, but I figure we should plan something ahead of time so it's more than just a banner.

Granted, it's up to Woodus. But this is the SUGGESTIONS forum, not the ORDERS forum, so I think I'm safe in posting this here. :P

Yes it would be awsome to have somekind of anniversary

Another super fan contest?

For the person with the most posts? Sure. Great idea!
We could do it by golf scoring, where you actually want a lower score (or in this case post count) instead.

Or the contest can be about pictures. PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN!

We could do it by golf scoring, where you actually want a lower score (or in this case post count) instead.

Wed have like a 1000 way tie if based on golf. I mean how many zero posters do we have?

maxresdefault.jpg

Wed have like a 1000 way tie if based on golf. I mean how many zero posters do we have?

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a lot of badges to hand out. We'll just have to weed them out... (Cue ominous lighting and shadowing)

Oh, AND GET ME MORE PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN, PARKER!

Why not have a marathon on pso episode 1 ultima

67c.png

Edited by GrandAlchemist

I work for a spice company I could get some spice packs together as prizes if we could come up with a good contest? Not sure how many people would be interested in spices?

• Upvote 1

I work for a spice company I could get some spice packs together as prizes if we could come up with a good contest? Not sure how many people would be interested in spices?

We need a little SPIIIIICE in life!

Not sure how many people would be interested in spices?

Spices? SPICES?! Can't find chervil around my area. Savory is just as seldom seen. But I guess those would be herbs, not spices. I'm calm now.

Oh my!  Spices?  Personally, I'd love them.  Now I need to design a contest that I, myself can win :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

So now we know.  You're a midwestern spice worker.  That sounds like a movie right there.  Oh wait, it's already been done (and I liked it!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extract_%28film%29

Actually, I just saw it a couple months ago.  Didn't realize it's like 6 years old.  Again, good movie.

Have not seen that one, will have to add it to my watch list :)

You kidding? Spice is vital! He who controls the Spice, controls the Universe!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Why not a meetup? Have some sort of gathering at a hotel convention hall, setup some DQ madness on multiple platforms? Would be cool.

As much as I'd love to do a meetup, the idea has come around multiple times before, and I don't believe it has ever been successful. Let's not rule it out, but also keep coming up with ideas.

• 1 month later...

A remote party via Skype, Facetime, Google Hangouts, where Woodus and King Zenith make a speech about the history of the site, and people can chime in with their feedback and thanks.

Why not a meetup? Have some sort of gathering at a hotel convention hall, setup some DQ madness on multiple platforms? Would be cool.

I like this idea, and nfrazee28 from GameFAQs was able to organize a meet-up in Denver last year with King Zenith and a few others.  But it's all dependent upon people being able to get to that location.  I understand that can be difficult because of the required time and money.

I've thought about hosting a DragCon Quest convention in New York (which actually sounds like it may attract just as many people interested in quest-related cross dressing than in Dragon Quest.  I'll work on that name...)  Right now there isn't the demand for something big enough to warrant a convention center.  Any of the DQIX weekly Tuesday meet-ups we have in NYC are attended by (at most) 1 new person every 3-4 months.  Other than that it's a handful of regulars, and other folks who used to be regulars but now only show up to weekly DQIX meet-ups maybe once or twice a year.

If nfrazee28 organizes another Denver meet-up, I told him I'd fly out for it, but that's contingent on having enough notice and cash to do so.

The virtual meeting via Google Hangouts that I mentioned above may be more realistic, but then again if the crowd is too large for video conferencing I'm not sure the service has the bandwidth to actually support it.

Edited by Liamland