Sign in to follow this  
krw703

Version 3.0 information

Well I guess I'll be buying the max sheets for that new lotto, and so many things. That tower looks pretty cool too!

Boooo.... I was posting about that.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/d516b13671a4179d9b7b458a6ebdeb92/

Final official information for the later half of v3. Most of it repeated information, but there are quite a few new things:

Quest:

- Both of the thief key quests are changing. The first one is changing to require you just to defeat a target monster, the second will require you deal the finishing blow at 1/2 HP instead of 1/4.

- Random requests now can have minimedal rewards.

Royal Labyrinth:

- Defeating a special mimic apparently doesn't get you anything other than the treasure chest drop. That means your time isn't refreshed, and you don't get extra time for the next floor. Be careful!

- The time taken to feed a belt to the door, or strengthen a belt is lowered.

- Effects for strengthening a belt are now shown in the system log.

System:

Skills

- Using Crit guard doesn't override the Perfect Crit guard gem effect.

- Staff of Resurrection will now show the target of the skill quicker. To help indicate to other players that might try to revive that person when they should be healing.

- Added to the list of spells that do not activate a "double-cast" effect. Basically, anything that is stupid to cast twice will no longer activate that effect. So nice!

- All charge time changes revealed, the nerfs don't look that bad and remember that these are for CT not ICT (initial charge time).

Expert Orb:

- Update on point system for Expert Orb: While it will count gems you have as points, it will only count the ones you have stored.

- Changes to gems dropped by monsters.

- Ability to sort gems.

- Naming change to certain gem types to better reflect their functionality.

- Changes to the boosts gems provide. All of those are BUFFS by the way, be sure to check out that list... some are crazy! Fire Slash going from 5% to 15%... per level? We might be seeing some never-used skills suddenly being used.

Sugoroku:

- Upon disconnect, you will now be able to return to a game of sugoroku with the same party provided they haven't finish the game.

- When playing sugoroku, the spaces that you can end up on with your current roll will now light up.

- Added new accessories to sugoroku rewards. Apparently the 4 Lords accessories weren't there, they will be now.

- Metal King and Golden Slime HP decrease

- Upon winning sugoroku you will now be able to roll (remaining dice * 2) + 2 times. This is to allow everyone a roll if you won with the final die.

Bingo:

- In the beginning, 7 numbers will light up instead of 6.

- Chances for small magic waters to appear increase. Too bad we need a monster to use that MP...

General

- You can now set automatic boss difficulty settings. Sadly, these will only help for 1-part bosses... unless you want to challenge mutli-part bosses on hard every time.

- Disconnecting or leaving from Nokturnus via the item now will result in a 30 minute penalty. This penalty applies to both super boss areas.

- Regardless of fame you now get 8 dailies/weeklies

- Added the circlet equip you can get from Fostail to Torneko's list of items he never has when you meet with him.

- Changes to the strength and EXP of monsters in version 3 only maps.

- When taking pictures you can now have the NPC face and look at the direction of the camera.

- Design changes to quest list.

- Random requests will now allow you to look-up the maps the target monster is located on.

- New icons for the continents! Used in ruura lists, train station, basically anywhere you would think. Check em out!

- In party finder added new topics: Expert Orb hunting, Expert Orb quest, Mystery Tower playthrough.

- Team Quest changes. There's a note in there about them changing the percent that some quests show up... here's hoping it means we can get more high EXP ones that no one ever runs!

- You can now set a ruura stone at each worker guild location at the church in that guild's map. For Weapon smith, the closest church is in town not the castle.

- When hiring support AI, you can now see all details on their Expert Orb instead of just every gem they have.

- Also, their location in the list will now appear in the top right corner when viewing details. To allow you to quickly skim through supports and easily know when you've looked through your list of 20.

- Class change NPC added to entrance of Granzedora.

- Expert Orb NPC added to Rakkaran.

- Class change and Expert Orb NPCs in Dharma Temple moved to match up with the new Skill Master Ruura stone.

- Sister added near the entrance to the Mystery Tower.

- Warp added from entrance of Weddie castle straight to the fusion shop. Get screwed over as quickly as possible by Rine!

- Support Gold day is being changed to Friday for everyone to match with other free weekly things.

- Blank Cards now stack instead of taking up 1 space each.

- For monsters, the full reskill item now costs 3000G instead of 20k!! Glad I waited!

- The medal item from Kandar now gives a minimum of 3 minimedals. (up from 2)

There's a bunch of other things on the page, but I'm too lazy to type up everything. I also saw a note that they specifically have looked into the Wii U Game Pad's softkeyboard being slow in so many situations. Hope that improvement is nice... that has been bugging the heck out of me since the beginning!

edit:

Oh and by the way, Seal dance is only getting the success rate of skill sealing lowered. It will still be fine for spells and possibly breath attacks. This nerf will not make it any less effective for dealing with the bosses (Strong Belial, 4 Lords) that it dominates at. Really glad to see they didn't go nerf happy on the skill as a whole.

Edited by krw703

One more piece of information about the new mimics in the Royal Lab:  They respawn immediately.

So, if you have enough time, you can grind a few of them before clearing the floor.

Just be careful, because as Krw mentioned, you don't get any time back when you beat them.

Other nice QoL things:

After completing the NSFW quest to earn the Dharma ruler stone, you also gain a new option from the Skillmaster, which will fully restore your HP and MP for free.  Between this and moving the class change guy, you can basically sit in Dharma when you run magic labs now, unless you need to change your monster.

The new guild ruler stone point for the Weaponsmith lets you zoom right inside the castle, right into the room with the furnaces.  Additionally, you can now zoom out of that room as well, ignoring the ceiling entirely.

Edited by MKVarana

So what's the verdict on 3.0? I can't help but notice the amazon reviews aren't stellar, and there are some complaints in them about a lack of content to justify the price tag, from what I've seen there seems to be quite a bit less content than 2.0. I dunno if they're planning on adding a ton in the first big update or what. I'm going to buy it either way, I guess I'm just curious what people in the team think of it.

It isn't worth the price as is.

We got Dancer.

We have the alchemy pot.

We were barely given any story progression with some ball-breaking bosses.  I do love their designs, though.

...sugoroku requires version 3, right?  I honestly don't know.

The orb mastery system is pretty cool, although the farming is/was complete trash overall.

I can't remember what else required version 3 to be purchased and installed that's major.  I was talking with Polan about this weeks ago and we were both disappointed overall.  Of course, I can't speak for everyone else nor say it wouldn't be worth it for you.

All I can say is I still have very high hopes for later updates because it seems like v3 is just barely getting out of its diapers.  I'm excited for the magic tower, Fortune Teller, and whatever else they want to tease us with.  It currently does not live up to the price for me. 

Suguroku requires V3, yes. Which makes it worth it for me IF I CAN JUST BUY THE DAMN THING.

It isn't worth the price as is.

We got Dancer.

We have the alchemy pot.

We were barely given any story progression with some ball-breaking bosses.  I do love their designs, though.

...sugoroku requires version 3, right?  I honestly don't know.

The orb mastery system is pretty cool, although the farming is/was complete trash overall.

I can't remember what else required version 3 to be purchased and installed that's major.  I was talking with Polan about this weeks ago and we were both disappointed overall.  Of course, I can't speak for everyone else nor say it wouldn't be worth it for you.

All I can say is I still have very high hopes for later updates because it seems like v3 is just barely getting out of its diapers.  I'm excited for the magic tower, Fortune Teller, and whatever else they want to tease us with.  It currently does not live up to the price for me. 

Yup, pretty much exactly how I feel. v3's story ends in a point where it feels like they're going to add A LOT of content, but for some reason didn't. I feel like it wasn't ready for release so they held off on it for v3.1 (which honestly is stupid, v3.0 could have waited longer if that was their problem). Right now v3 is not worth it at all in my opinion, but considering how much they added from v2.0 -> v2.4, I'm hopeful that they will turn it around. If nothing else, the complaints from players will push them towards making a stellar post-expansion update.

Also, if I remember correctly, the Alchemy Pot doesn't require v3.0, but having beaten the v2.3 story content (where you, in the story, pick it up). Though that might just be how you unlock it but might still need v3 to use it. Honestly though the Alchemy Pot is meh at best, there's not really that many recipes and my pot is almost exclusively used to make Metal King Coins (which is great, but it still feels lacking).

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/da0d1111d2dc5d489242e60ebcbaf988/

v3.1 information and release date (August 24th).  Not sure if you guys would like to post the information here or in a new thread since me relying on Google Translate for the bigger goodies is a bad idea.

Reincarnation skins for monsters, though!   :heartslime:

Alrighty, looks like my limited Japanese will be used yet again to translate the details. May you all pray for my soul lest I get anything wrong!

Sources:

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/da0d1111d2dc5d489242e60ebcbaf988/

http://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/dq10_version3.1_2.html

Release date: 8/24 (more details on 8/21)

Story

- Looks like we are finally going to be getting new some maps as the details claim we will be seeing lots of Dragon Tribe NPCs. Bout time.

- New field Maps will have the DQ6 field BGM.

Monsters

- New enemies! Surely there will be lots of palette swaps of these guys too.

- 2 new reincarnation monsters. Paladinos (Paladin Dinosaur) for Battle Rex, and Angel Armor for Devil Armor.

Coin Boss

- The ever-so-lovable boss from DQ8 is back and ready for action. DON MOLE!!

- He will be released shortly after the update.

- Obviously being added due to DQ8 3DS releasing around this time, so expect a lot of care to be put into this boss. DQ8 boss music (already in the game) or riot! He better summon Soul Moles and perform a horrific musical number that confuses everyone too!

New "Super boss"??

- A brand new 2 party boss will be added, but with a twist!

- You must have 4 players and each player must bring a monster!

New special accessory. Mystery Card

- A brand new card accessory that... allows you to attach effects you want to it?!

- This card cannot be fused normally, it is also not an upgraded version of a shinpi card. Simply put, Rine cannot ruin your day with this accessory.

- Instead a new NPC in the tower will let you add effects to this card.

- You can choose to add a new effect, or upgrade an existing effect. You cannot attach the same effect twice to this card.

- The requirements to add/upgrade effects are of course chips and other materials.

- Expect the best effects to require a new gold chip that will be added to the Mystery Tower. Maybe this new chip type also means they are adding more floors to the tower too.

- Releases on 9/1.

Crystalization Upgrade

- A brand new quest will allow you to upgrade the chances that a piece of equipment will gain a point towards crystalization.

- And apparently you will be able to harvest crystals from gear at 50+ points instead of 100.

- IMPORTANT: In order to counter RMT bots, crystals will now be limited in how many you can harvest per day.

Royal Labyrinth

- New item: Sealing sand! Getting tired of all those crappy belts? Getting tired of those crappy belts making it take forever to run the labyrinth each week? Sounds like you need some sand! This sand will let you seal specific effects from showing up on belts and you obtain it by breaking down belts!

- A brand new map type will show up from time-to-time in the royal labyrinth. In this special map, you will fight extremely fierce enemies but the bonus Mimic and incarnation monster will always spawn.

Equipment changes

- Shared equips. No longer do you need to have a set of equipment for you and your monster.

- Plus no more embarrassing strips by your monster. 

Cap changes:

- Expert Orb 45 -> 50

- Stamp 6500 -> 7000

- Team Level 45 -> 46

- Monster reincarnation 7 -> 8

Expert Orb

- 50 new gem types. Many of which will probably be dropped by new monsters in 3.1. Best advance the story if you're lagging behind!

- Weekly quest reward update. When choosing light gems as the reward you may now choose between skill gems and coup de grace gems. So freaking hyped.

Monster Book Update

- For every 100 types of defeated monsters you can now get a minimedal.

Worker Guild Update

- New weapons and shields

- New "Light" worker guild equip line. Thank you for all your hard work Miracle equips! But you're probably about to go the way of the dodo! Did they have to pick such a bright color though... I liked the dark blue.

Skill changes

- Paladin Guard: Duration up

- If a monster was angered by Paladin Guard or Monster Zone, that monster doesn't get the attack up and shorter turn durations that they would get while normally angry.

- Treasure Hunter: Damage up + stun effect (oh yeeeaaah~)

- ã«ãŠã†ã ã¡: Time to take effect lowered, also damage lowered while covering.

- ãƒžãƒ›ã‚¹ãƒ†: Duration up, and uh... am I reading this right? It will nullify anything once not just magic? Isn't that... broken? Paladin has the same thing as a charge time skill.

- Multithrust: Charge time lowered

- Jigospark: Lightning resistance down effect added.

- Defending Champion: Damage reduction up.

- Passive skill, Paladin: HP 20 -> HP 60. This is the exclusive HP passive, not the one that is on every class. 

Sugoroku

- Auto-matching!!

- New map.

- New class Sage available at special Dharma Temples.

Mail system

- New option to receive all gold from sold items in the bazaar at once.

As always, I didn't cover everything. There are a few more minor details in the notes and I skimmed the story sections to minimalize any spoilers that might be there.

Monster Book Update

- For every 100 types of defeated monsters you can now get a minimedal.

50 minimedals.

- ãƒžãƒ›ã‚¹ãƒ†: Duration up, and uh... am I reading this right? It will nullify anything once not just magic? Isn't that... broken? Paladin has the same thing as a charge time skill.

No, it's still just magic that it nullifies. They're changing it to work like Bounce (マホカンタ) where it'll continue to nullify all spells until its effect time wears off, as opposed to wearing off after being hit by a single spell. Expect it to be as short-lasting as Bounce otherwise it's going to be broken as all hell (hint: this change also applies to the Shields skill "Spell Guard", which is just マホステ copy-pasted into Shield skills with a name change.)

No, it's still just magic that it nullifies. They're changing it to work like Bounce (マホカンタ) where it'll continue to nullify all spells until its effect time wears off, as opposed to wearing off after being hit by a single spell. Expect it to be as short-lasting as Bounce otherwise it's going to be broken as all hell (hint: this change also applies to the Shields skill "Spell Guard", which is just マホステ copy-pasted into Shield skills with a name change.)

That... actually sounds more broken than how I misread it.

And I see where I missed the 50 minimedals, didn't use both pages for the same information and the hiroba article doesn't say how many medals. 50 each hm... guess I will hunt down the last 40 or so I need for 800 seen.

Ooh, thanks for sharing.

Regarding the question asking about name/"age"/race changes...

"技術é¢ã‚„世界観ã®é¢ã§ã€€ã„ã‚ã„ã‚ãªèª²é¡ŒãŒã‚ã‚‹ã®ã§ã€€æ…Žé‡ã«è€ƒãˆãŸã„ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚"

Was the response basically, "We'll think about it because it's not easy?"   Genuinely curious because I'm indifferent about my human form being so young/short every now and then.

They basically said from a technical standpoint as well as viewing the matter from within the game world (i.e. immersiveness), it's something they would have to think hard about.

And now for the last bit of information before 3.1. Again relying on my sort-of Japanese understanding. In order to prevent missing important information, I'm just going to go through everything even if it was mentioned before as some of the earlier info changed.

edit: btw I didn't proofread any of this post because... long post... yeah.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/90794e3b050f815354e3e29e977a88ab/

Story/Quest:

- At last we finally head into the World of the Dragons. Bout bloody time.

- New 2 party boss for parties of 2 people and 2 monsters. Auto-matching available for this. The first-time reward for defeating this boss is a "Monster Rare Color Ticket" which will let you change your monster's color to a special color. Sadly this means we will never ever be able to tame a Metal Slime... as the rare color for a Slime is Metal Slime.

- Special quests will now have better indication in the quest log. i.e: Class quest lines will have their own Class quest classification to make them easier to pick out when scrolling through the list.

- Many class-related quests are being re-balanced. Mainly the obvious ones like Magic Knight which have bosses that are just too ridiculously difficult for their expected level requirement. Easy enough nowadays when you can just wreck them on easy with a lv85 party but not-so-much for the expected party level.

- Set Equipment daily quest having new armor sets added. You'd think this would be added when the new armor came out... not right now.

- Monsters that are part of a main story/quest requirement now have blue targets show up on them. Much like dailies/weeklies but now you'll know for sure if you're hunting the right thing!

- Information relating to fighting a target monster will also show up in your log on battle start.

- Seven Wonders of the World will have their appearance cycle changed.

Battle Additions/Changes

- Mystery Tower getting a new NPC for the Mystery Card. Note: The page specifically mentions that he will not appear until Sept. 1 and that you can run the Magic Tower before 3.1 without any worries. Although they should've put this notice after the next point to drive it home...

- Gold Chip reward added to Mystery Tower

- Mystery Card is received for free from the new NPC.

- You can add, power up or remove existing effects from the card.

- As mentioned before this card is unusable at the she-witch Rine, so don't even try. Upgrading the card requires gold chips so for the love of your sanity please wait until the NEETs have at this accessory so we can see what is possible on it.

- When using the Reskill Stone in the Mystery Tower a message will be displayed for your party [that will ignore it because speed run or die suckah :P  :P  :P  :P ].

- Something about equip lock in the Mystery Tower, I can't remember if you can or not.

Royal Lab:

New map type in the Royal Labyrinth "Hades Area":

- Requires "Another Mode" obviously.

- Within this area you will fight even stronger enemies than normal. To make up for this the tougher to obtain treasure boxes will be easier to obtain here (through drops I guess? It doesn't really say)

- Every orb you obtain for winning a battle will be worth 40 seconds of extra time (normally 30)

- Bonus Mimic and Incarnation enemy will always appear in the second area.

- If the Emperor Genie's effect is in play (Big Dream appears as boss) this area will not appear.

Sealing Sand:

- At the door there is now an option to give up belts to turn into sealing sand. I'm really psyched about this as it gives the alternate play-style of the royal labyrinth (not using the effects of the big genies) an easier time as you won't be adding what seems like an endless amount of runs by getting tons of new belts.

- Sealing sand lets you pick an effect type to completely seal off from appearing on belts from the royal labyrinth. Each effect will cost different amounts but from the screenshot you can see that it lets you seal the effect line completely not specific boosts. i.e: Style +? not Style +8, Style +10, etc.

- The screen also shows that we can seal 30 different effects. That list is 10 pages of 10 effects so while this will make it easier it won't mean that we can essentially pick out an awesome belt.

- The sand effect also seals effects from strengthening belts.

- Clearing Another Mode gives you 2 Angel Boxes instead of 1. So 2 Angel, 1 Dark.

- Treasure level cap 50 -> 60

- The number of treasure boxes from the Incarnation monster will be increased.

- Effect changes for the genies

- A monster dropping a treasure chest will stop the timer shortly to make up for the time the chest takes to appear.

- Silver/Gold Boxes will have the obtain rate for gem perfume increased.

- If a Bonus Mimic appears on the floor a sound effect will let you know. Right now you get a sound effect and message for the Incarnation monster and a message for the bonus mimic.

- All disconnect penalties (Magic Lab, Mystery Tower, Super Bosses) 30min -> 10 min. Still not great, but thanks? Why are there penalties on the latter two if you go in with a full party? Magic Lab I get, there are mochiyori scammers out there and they deserve that penalty and I understand that people who ditch with auto-matching deserve it for wasting other players time... but why in content where you cannot scam players is there a penalty for disconnecting when you weren't using auto-matching? It's absurd!

- 2 new reincarnation monsters.

- For every 100 monster types defeated you get 50 minimedals from the usual spot in Rakkaran. How will you waste all your new medals?

Class base stat changes:

Thief: HP+, MP+, Strength+, Resilience+

Paladin: Resilience+

Magic Knight: Strength+

Ranger: MP+, Strength+, Magic Mending+

Sage: MP+, Magic Might+

Monster Tamer: Strength+

Item Master: MP+, Resilience+, Agility++ (specifically mentions a huge boost), Deftness+

Dancer: Magic Might+

Class skill changes:

パラディンガード (Paladin coup de grace): Duration up*

ãŠå®ãƒãƒ³ã‚¿ãƒ¼ (Thief coup de grace): Damage up + shock effect

ã«ãŠã†ã ã¡ (Paladin): Duration down + damage taken down effect added*

マホステ (Sage): Nullifies any amount of spells during the duration (This still sounds broken!)

ã•ã¿ã ã‚Œçªã (Spear): CT down*

ジゴスパーク (Spear): Lightning resistance down effect*

大ã¼ã†ãŽã‚‡ (Paladin): Damage reduction*

ã¯ãã‚ã„120スキル (Paladin): Changed from HP +20 to HP +60*

*: not in Colosseum

- Paladin and Super Star coup de grace's anger effect will not cause the usual attack up and turn shortening that anger normally causes.

- Monster Tamer's call for backup can now be used in situations where you couldn't before (inescapeable battles). Obviously it cannot be used during situations where the idea would be absurd (bosses, etc)

- In the Colosseum only, Warrior's ãŸã„ã‚ãŸã‚Š skill will not activate a shock effect. This was pretty much expected... it's kind of broken.

- Dancing Gem's Steal animation is shortened.

- Oh my... changes to the EXP calculation system. Apparently... level difference is gone?!?! Note to self: Do NOT do trial bosses on sub char this weekend.

- Stamp cap 6500 -> 7000

- Monster reincarnation cap 7 -> 8

- Attack effect change. Basically the regular attack effect when viewed with a close up camera... was blinding. So they're fixing that.

- When viewing the change equips section in battle you can now see the other effects on them. Multiple copies of an equip? Like... say.... royal lab belts? Now you'll have no trouble switching between them if you need to!! So much want!

- Blue chests have new items added to them and their appearance rate on the field is increased.

- Kaiser Dragon's strength being adjusted. Uh... again? I could've sworn they did this before.

- Changes to monster movement, AI, party monster AI... yadda yadda

System:

- Expert Orb cap 45 -> 50 (Woo hoo! Enough SP for 2 weapon skills and 2 CT weapon skills!)

- Can now select coup de grace gems if choosing light gems as a reward for a weekly Expert quest.

- New gems mainly fire, water, wind.

- The movement speed down effect of the ç¦æ–­ã®ãŠã‚‚ã•ã‚¢ãƒƒãƒ— gem is now only in battle. Still sucks.

- New sorting options for gems to sort by shape.

- Changes to Expert quests. Some are getting shorter time limits, others longer... I hope this doesn't make some of them too hardcore.

- Changes to what counts as meeting the requirements for an Expert quest's time limit. < 3min could be cleared with 3:00.99 before.

- Changes to the amount of Lithographs/Gems you can receive from Expert quests.

- If you can accept a new Expert quest the option will appear in yellow in the menu. It also is yellow if you've cleared a quest.

- New items/recipe variations for the Alchemy Pot. You can make Metal Labyrinth Pair tickets and they're adding a LMS variation to the Metal King coin recipe.

- New form change tickets for the Alchemy Pot. Obtained via Present Tickets... hooray...

- Alchemy Pot coloring added.

- Icon added when using the alchemy pot for Weapon/Shield coloring

- New icon on map for customizing NPCs (Dolboard, Alchemy pot).

- Team Level cap 45 -> 47

- Changes in the percentage certain team quests appear on the list.

- If you have a story-related reward in your Concierge you will get a message Dracky when logging in to tell you to pick it up.

- New fishing spot.

- Changes to Buna Rainforest map to make the waterfall area easier to find.

- Starting height when flying fixed. Oh thank you, thank you! The height in the true world was driving me insane... why are we so high up?!?!

- While flying the follow command will work... as best as they can get it to work. lol

- Better sorting of the current story tab.

- In the Battle command settings, "Battle Skill" moved to the top.

Institution Additions/Changes:

- New quest for crystals, requires clearing v2.

- Upon clearing this quest (or quests?) every battle that involves strong enough enemies will increase the crystalization degree of an equip by 1 for each enemy.

- You may harvest crystals from an equip that is at 50~99 but you will get less crystals from it.

- Crystals may only be harvested a maximum amount of times. You get 10 harvests per day and any unused carry over for a total of 250.

- In the Windows version, during the duration of the free 20 day period subscription period... you cannot crystalize anything. Ouch...

- Can take items from your house's attic at the storage NPC.

- New swimming area at Jullet. There are items to obtain here so be sure to check it out.

- Auto-matching in sugoroku

- New map in sugoroku, and in this new map there is a Super Dharma Temple square that lets you choose your class... and also lets you change into the Sage class.

- Wiping out at lv1 returns you to the start of the sugoroku board

- If you defeat the boss monster with dead players they will be revived because... reasons? 

- Defeating a boss monster in sugoroku will ALWAYS give you an accessory. This is separate from the treasure chances at the end. Stronger boss = better chance for better accessories.

- Getting a gold treasure during the treasure chance section will have better rewards show up more often... y-y-you mean it didn't before?

- Defeating a Cannibox-line monster in sugoroku will result in a Super Seed of Life/Magic/Strength reward

- Stealing a Magic Bottle or Yggdrail Dew from a monster in sugoroku will show an icon.

- Strong monsters in sugoroku give more EXP

- New Puchipuchi perfumes added to the casino. Trade a puchi perfume for a new 10min version.

- New Torneko music box available from the treasure flower trading shop.

- New present ticket items available.

- Can now receive all sold-item bazaar gold at once from the mail NPCs.

- Monster recruit limit 20 -> 24 (option plan available for even more space... knew they'd do this)

- Can now change order recruited monsters appear in your list.

- New option available at the carriage in Azlan.

- New carriages at Kamiharui North and Verinado North. Same options as the ones available in the south maps.

- Changes to treasure locations in Orphea. No changes to contents.

Housing changes

- Skipping this section.

Item/Worker Guild changes/additions

- New weapons and shields!

- New recipes. Apparently all recipes will be using materials only available in 3.1... sooo... new material runs incoming! Guess I will be running a fair bit of the story as soon as I can... why is this update on a Monday... WHYYYY?

- New "light" series for worker guild equips

- New rare colors for recruited monsters.

- Color changes on monsters show up in their icon in the bottom right.

- Shared equips with monsters.

- Changes to key item sort order.

- Nearly every single piece of Warrior/Paladin equipment 42+ is getting a defense stat increase. The highest set is like 70 extra defense now.

- New gesture available via minimedals. Costs 10.

- In the Fairy Mirror you can now switch between the current color and previously selected color by selecting a color twice. Since this item is for checking how your dress up will turn out, being able to cycle between two colors is handy.

- Using a perfume with another in effect will warn you that it will be removed first.

- Perfume and hot-springs effects now stack.

- The effect from event items that make special random request items drop is now shown as a perfume effect.

- Hydra Belt change: HP 5 -> 10 + 50% heavy charge at battle start effect. Awesome!!

The rest is on options and changes to the hiroba website. Mainly that you'll be able to see alchemy pot color changes, more things added to the monsters section, and expert orb additions to be added at a later date.

Edited by krw703
  • Upvote 2

Class base stat changes:

Thief: HP+, MP+, Strength+, Resilience+

ãŠå®ãƒãƒ³ã‚¿ãƒ¼ (Thief coup de grace): Damage up + shock effect

So happy I decided to main Thief right now. I mean look at all of the good things, they're really spoiling me with this update. AND blue treasure chests spawning more often (and with new treasures!), meaning I actually get to hunt for treasure again!

- New fishing spot.

'bout damn time. (grumpy fisherman face)

They're really not clear about whether the マホステ change applies ONLY to Sage's spell version, or whether the Spell Guard skill from Shields will be changed in the same way. They share the same icon and are effectively exactly the same skill, so I don't see why it wouldn't affect shields, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Predicting this now though: the very next update will shorten the amount of time that マホステ decides to stick around for.

Wait. I feel like I missed something really appealing...

- New Torneko music box available from the treasure flower trading shop.

brb growing all of the treasure flowers.

all of them.

Just looking through the walkthrough of 3.1...

Good lord, and I thought 3.0 was short.

Wait 3.1 is shorter than 3.0......? What the hell?

Wait 3.1 is shorter than 3.0......? What the hell?

The easiest way to compare them is number of EXP rewards for progression.

3.0: 5

3.1: 2

If they wanted to please the players concerned about the lack of substance in version 3 by improving the amount of story... they aren't doing a very good job so far.

Yeah.  I finished it last night.  When I got to the last tower and started realizing it was prepping for an end-of-act boss, I was disappointed....

Still, it looks like we'll have a reasonable amount of maps by the end of V3.

On a side note, the west exit of the second town is the new fastest ruler stone spot for AI hires and especially monster farm (you don't have to change screens!).

During TGS, some details of the latter half of 3.1 have been revealed along with some very, VERY good news about finally fixing one of the final things completely wrong about the Expert Orb system:

Introducing FIVE space boards.

Now I know what you are thinking. How is that better? Now we have to roll the dice even more with boards because they can have more spaces?! Horrible! Except that isn't how it works and thank the goddess for that.

1. All board received will still be 4 space only.

2. Throwing out boards (not sure if this includes the ones you have placed and overwritten) gives you board points*

3. After getting a fixed amount of points (The pics showed 12) you can now upgrade a board to have a 5th space. You get to pick the location for the new space!!!!!!!!!!!!

*: And yes, just like when they added points for gems, this includes EVERY board you've thrown out up until now!

This is... quite possibly the best thing they could have ever done. Worthless boards are suddenly not worthless, because you can either use them as point fodder or store an almost perfect board away until you have enough points to make it perfect.

Now give us an option to chop a 3 space gem into a 2 space gem and the system will be perfect.

Time to finish off the Water/Wind orb farming now that I'll be able to actually fit them in eventually.  Darn space hogs.   :P

A few other highlights from TGS:

Kuu-chan will start showing up on the 10th of every month to give us a Present Ticket.

There's going to be a time-attack event against the bunnies from 2.1.  Participation reward is a gem perfume!

2 person dolboard in the shape of the horse enemies.  I think you can get them from SP fukubikis and the shop.

Co-op Battle Road stuff.