Hey Woodus, I'd like to suggest that you make a formal announcement for something:

Many video game shops, including GameStop (yes, I know many of you despise GameStop, but it's a well-known nationwide chain) are already accepting pre-orders for Dragon Quest Heroes. Game develpers/publishers (i.e. Square Enix) use pre-order numbers to help estimate how many copies of a game will sell and how many to print. So if you haven't already, go pre-order Dragon Quest Heroes now and show your support for the Dragon Quest Franchise in America! (Or your own country if you don't live in the U. S. of A.)

RESERVE YOUR COPY NOW!

• Upvote 1

Really dude?

This is the first console release of a DQ title in the US in years and you're gonna down it because it's a Musou title?

Fine then. Next time we get another spinoff, I will be the one to say "Don't bother with pre-orders for a Pokémon clone, or screw Mystery Dungeon!"

This is the best thing to happen to DQ in years. An action-based title is the most welcome change in this series for the US in years.

I hope it changes the overall feel and future of the series forevermore.

• Upvote 1

Good idea, done :)

• Upvote 1

Really dude?

This is the first console release of a DQ title in the US in years and you're gonna down it because it's a Musou title?

Fine then. Next time we get another spinoff, I will be the one to say "Don't bother with pre-orders for a Pokémon clone, or screw Mystery Dungeon!"

But Pokemon has always been the same game so I haven't bought any since...I was in school. I don't get what you're saying? and pretty much yeah. I bought their bad touch screen games and I'm not buying an overpriced system like the PS4 with really weak specs thanks.

Edited by Daft Slime

Better than a "gaming PC".

Pre-orders are idiotic in my opinion. Isn't the whole point of a pre-order to make sure you get a copy of a game that may soon disappear? In an age of digital download games, there is no such thing anymore. Plus, locking yourself into a purchase without even knowing if the game is good or not or if you'll enjoy it is silly.

I can see where you're coming from eal, but....

1) Companies that offer pre-order bonuses with first print runs and/or pre-orders are worth getting the physical copy, especially if the digital and physical copy costs the same amount of money at launch.

2) Wouldn't you look into a game and watch some gameplay, maybe some first impression videos as well, before judging for yourself whether to "lock yourself" into the pre-order?

Just my thoughts on that.

Anyway, I'd love to support Dragon Quest Heroes, but I don't own a PS4 and don't really plan on buying one anytime soon, so I'm not going to pre-order the game.  I'll try and buy the game new in the future should I get a PS4, but for now I'm only putting down pre-orders for games I actually own systems for/ones I know I'll enjoy, such as Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 later this year.  Call me whatever colorful word you can think of for being a bugger like that. :P

I can see where you're coming from eal, but....

1) Companies that offer pre-order bonuses with first print runs and/or pre-orders are worth getting the physical copy, especially if the digital and physical copy costs the same amount of money at launch.

2) Wouldn't you look into a game and watch some gameplay, maybe some first impression videos as well, before judging for yourself whether to "lock yourself" into the pre-order?

Just my thoughts on that.

Anyway, I'd love to support Dragon Quest Heroes, but I don't own a PS4 and don't really plan on buying one anytime soon, so I'm not going to pre-order the game. I'll try and buy the game new in the future should I get a PS4, but for now I'm only putting down pre-orders for games I actually own systems for/ones I know I'll enjoy, such as Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 later this year. Call me whatever colorful word you can think of for being a bugger like that.

You rainbow-outfit-wearing jester!

Plenty of games with amazing previews turned out to be trash. IGN had a really good write-up on Walking Dead: Survival Instinct that got me excited. Everyone was really looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines. A lot of good things were being said about The Evil Within, but as it turns out, they were previewing the best parts of the game and the rest was only okay.

And traditionally, pre-order bonuses are usually DLC content like map packs or weapons or costumes, stuff that should have been in the game in the first place but was instead made into an incentive at the request of the retail company offering it. You see commercials for exclusive GameStop pre-order bonuses all the time. Physical pre-order bonuses are usually egregiously expensive trash like statues and maps with the occasional cheap art book, and the whole thing will usually run you over $100. Some people bought expensive Watch Dogs pre-order junk before it was even a franchise worth owning a statue of the main character. The respective response to that game was a big fat "meh."

Here's the thing: DQH is already out in Japan, and plenty of our fellow Den members have imported that version and have told us it's good. They aren't big gaming sites whose reviews could've been bought.

Anyways, don't we all want Heroes to do well, regardless if we like the genre, so that SE may decide to release more DQ games here?

Yep.

I. Like. CEEEEEEEREAAAAAAAAAL.

Regardless of this particular game's quality, I'm talking about the practice of pre-orders alone. It's just a pathetic attempt by GameStop to legitimize it's existence by making what should be a part of a game exclusive to GameStop's version of it. When that happens you end up with exclusivity deals like what happened with Xenoblade Chronicles. Pre-orders benefit the companies that make them and the companies that sell them alone.

Here's the thing: DQH is already out in Japan, and plenty of our fellow Den members have imported that version and have told us it's good. They aren't big gaming sites whose reviews could've been bought.

Anyways, don't we all want Heroes to do well, regardless if we like the genre, so that SE may decide to release more DQ games here?

Of course.

Eh, the problem with pre-orders now is that companies use them to help justify overall sales and such.

It isn't Gamestop alone that does them now.

Other stores have been doing them for a long time. The farthest back I can remember is Toys r Us used to do pre-orders on Gen III Pokémon games. It's just now pre-ordering has become so key to retail buying that sections of the game are being portioned off or even being added in as pre-order bonuses. Employees at GameStop ask customers if they'd like to pre-order knowing that their hours, sometimes their jobs, are on the line.