PS4 Metal Slime Edition

kingmetal

Does anyone know if Sony has plans to release the Metal Slime Edition PS4 in the States?  Also, if not can I just import a Japanese one and play US games on it?

I think I will just wait until a few months before DQ Heroes release.  It may or may not happen.  As long as I get to play DQ Heroes, I'm happy, although it would be a nice promotion for SE to do such a release.  

I'm buying Heroes even though I don't have a PS4, because I collect Dragon Quest stuff and I want to support the series in the West. However, if they made a bundle (or even solo) including the Metal Slime PS4, I might think about getting it.

It's never going to come west...We're lucky to even get Dragon Quest Heroes in the U.S. Just buy one from Japan, that's what I did.

142038584122641.jpeg

God, that's sexy.  Now I'm torn because I'm not super psyched about spending 600-700 bucks on it and the batman bundle is looking real good too.

It's region-free, right?

And I'm sure with DQ Heroes 2 coming out, there'll be a reprint of that PS4.

Considering there's a similar-looking silver Batman PS4 on the way later this year, I'm not very confident that we'll see the Metal Slime edition.

Also hi I haven't posted on this forum in like a decade.

Considering there's a similar-looking silver Batman PS4 on the way later this year, I'm not very confident that we'll see the Metal Slime edition.

Also hi I haven't posted on this forum in like a decade.

Holy cow, man. I took a few years off and my old profile got deleted (and yours stayed? jealous), but I think I joined just before you in November of 2003. Welcome back to our own little slice of the Internet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@stephbm6, were you able to get the game to download? I got my theme but can't figure out how to get the game. Do I need PS Plus?

Never mind. I figured it out. After entering the code, I had to find the game within the store and manually download it.

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally plunked down the cash for this PS4 a while back and I have to say, It was totally worth it.  Cost me $540, which is better than I thought it would be, but still quite a bit.

Well, I finally plunked down the cash for this PS4 a while back and I have to say, It was totally worth it.  Cost me $540, which is better than I thought it would be, but still quite a bit.

That's still less than what I was able to find it for. Most places I couldn't find it for sub $700, so I just went with a regular PS4 since I was already sinking $450 to just play Dragon Quest Heroes.

I got lucky on an ebay auction where the previous buyer didn't pay so the seller reposted it on a 24 hour auction and it ended for way less than the previous auction.