Sign in to follow this  
HellQueen

Birthday Wish

My birthday will be here in about three months, and I have one wish. Right now, I'm living in a small town that is boring to me. My wish is that I'll be able to move to a city that has more appeal, on the day of my birthday. I already have the apartment picked out, and I'm saving up my money to afford the costs of moving.

I hope to not be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

Good luck!

Small town to a big city.  Heh, eh, so young, so much to learn.  A small town is fun if you make it, a big city is always fun...maybe a little too much at times.

Nah, you have to live and learn, see what excites you, see where life takes you.  So what do you plan to do in the city when you move?  Have you ever visited the city you're planning to move to?  I hope you have some friends already situated.  That usually helps a lot to get acclimated, while still having that initial social circle to work from.  If not, well, it's certainly going to be more exciting, since you won't know anyone or the best places.

Do be careful though.  By different, I mean VERY different, as in the types of people you'll meet will be very different as well.  Depending on where you move, the mentality of the general population as well (either really excited and hopeful for the future, or a veritable tinderbox).  Just be more mindful of where you walk and who you're with.  I'm not saying anything to scare you or anything, and clearly we don't know one another, but I've lived in a lot of places...I moved around a lot growing up.  There are a lot of great people in any city, just make sure to be cautious, if you don't know anyone who lives there, who you make friends with.  With a larger population comes a larger seedier side, and some of those people can seem pretty normal, even charming and fantastic at first.  So keep a mind on your intuition.  If something feels off, it probably is.

I'd trade you. I work at a big school on the outskirts of a city. Waiting until my wife goes back to work (maybe at my school) and then we can move further out away from the hustle and bustle of Disney and to a smaller area. Of course, with all that is Orlando nearby.