Suggestion to stop the block

This is why I don't want DQX to end up here.

A bunch of trolls and griefers ruining the MMO experience and or PSO style ignoring of international players.

I think it would work if they take a few of their many servers (or add a couple more if they want) and have them accessible regardless of IP location.

They could open them on the premise of players who took their laptops, Wii/Us, etc. on vacation overseas, and could label them like other special servers so that natives know they may encounter foreigners there, all the while keeping the rest of the servers isolated.

Sounds like win/win all around, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I like that.

You're not thinking of going there and making an English poll are you?

Wait, I found it, but my account cannot post to the forum because I only have the trial. Crud!

No, I was actually thinking of posting basically what MKVarana said, to see what the Japanese plahers would think.

I think it would work if they take a few of their many servers (or add a couple more if they want) and have them accessible regardless of IP location.

They could open them on the premise of players who took their laptops, Wii/Us, etc. on vacation overseas, and could label them like other special servers so that natives know they may encounter foreigners there, all the while keeping the rest of the servers isolated.

Sounds like win/win all around, in my opinion.

This would work as long as the game stays niche and the server doesn't overload

Edited by wiregu

What do you mean by niche?

I thought DQX was super-popular in Japan. I don't think it'd take off here. Especially with the fact it'd still be an import client.

If they allowed US players to join a server, it wouldn't overfill, I can guarantee you that.

Edited by Mattcraft

I thought DQX was super-popular in Japan. I don't think it'd take off here. Especially with the fact it'd still be an import client.

If they allowed US players to join a server, it wouldn't overfill, I can guarantee you that.

I thought that you guys were talking about just releasing the game worldwide and assigning it to 1 server :P .

If it's just opening the IPs with the japanese game, yeah I agree that the idea would work and shouldn't bother the japanese too much.

But I do think that having too many people connecting could make them put stronger blocks.

Edited by wiregu

They have a lot of servers. They could designate like 3 or 4 of them as region-free or something.

And I wouldn't say that DQ10 is that popular. It's pretty much only there for really hardcore DQ fans.