DQForTheWest_Logo2.png

Welcome to the third campaign in a series of contests called "Dragon Quest for the West".  The purpose of these contests is to create a social media firestorm with the intention of increasing awareness of the Dragon Quest series and getting the attention of the series' creators and other parties who have the power (but not yet the incentive) to bring these games to the west.

Your mission in this contest is to create an advertisement for Dragon Quest VII, focused on Kiefer!

kiefer01.png

Each entrant has to come up with at least one piece of art done in the concept of an advertisement for DQ7 using Kiefer.  The sky is the limit, anything you can think of. 

Are you a lousy artist who thinks this contest is not for you?  Well don't run away just yet!  There are plenty of options for you to not only participate in this contest, but also to win!  Instead of a drawing or a beautifully Photoshopped design, you could try doing some cosplay and taking photos.  Or you could even make a video advertisement of sorts.  You could even just partner up with someone and help them out in some way.  Both of you will earn badges!  The winning advertisement will receive a twitter blast and all kinds of glory. 

Enough of the preamble, here are the juicy details:

1) Submit your advertisement to me via private message or directly in this topic if you prefer
2) Submit as many advertisements as you have the time to create, and feel free to work with others
3) You have until Sunday, April 5th 2015 (Easter Day) to make your eggcellent submissions
4) Submissions will be voted on by the community to determine the winner
5) All submissions will be tweeted out during the contest period under the hashtag #QuestToTheWest
6) The winning advertisement will get an especially focused twitter blast

In case you missed the Arus campaign results, you can see the submissions from that campaign here.

Edited by Plattym3

Hmm, I COULD do a cosplay for Kiefer, BUT:

1) I don't know how to make costumes

2) I'm too fat

3) I never even liked cosplay to begin with

Could we include something for Dragon Quest X as well if we wanted to?

Not for this one.  We're doing this as a series of contests.  Right now let's focus on Kiefer; we'll get to DQX!

I've an idea in me 'ead, mate. Just 'aven't 'ad any time to put it together.

I'm thinking of doing another magazine cover for this one.  I'd like to change it more substantially than I did going from Arus to Maribel, but if I don't end up having time for that, then I will just keep the same design and swap out the details.

• 2 weeks later...

THE FRUITS OF MY EFFORTS

post-76124-0-23041000-1427687174_thumb.jpg

This is my submission. Feel free to slap the logos on there!

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU CLICK IT! IT LOOKS TINY AND BAD OTHERWISE.
Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, I came and saw the posts, I want to support DQ 7 3ds (and cough DQ theatrhythm cough) so if I can help any way I can, let me know! (It's a bit late to start making an ad.)