If you are referring to the mobile ports...

I think they made a -serious- mistake not porting the SFC version of DQ3. They wanted to retain the graphics from 1 and 2 (( They were ports of an earlier mobile port. Lol, mobile to mobile. )), but they left out one of the major things from the remakes of 3, Pachisi. I could've cared less about the medals, but...

DQ3 mobile to me, was a downgrade. :/

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's your (now un-)secret opinion on something in the DQ universe that you know that the vast majority of other fans just hate or simply disagree with? Here's my 2:   1. First time names = canon.

Yes, she developed very much. She's a well-rounded character.

Yeah! Dragon Quest is SRS BZNS       ...I like the puns and alliteration and quirky charm.  Makes an enjoyable game even more enjoyable.

I'm going to get slapped by some lady if I continue any further, I bid you gentlemen good day.

I'm still waiting to know why you think Yangus is overrated. Give me one of your ridiculously long posts for an explanation you super solo playthrough monster! (No offens- no wait, I MEAN OFFENSE! {shakes fist in rage})

It is simple truth.  Search your heart Yangus.  The force will guide you in the right direction.

I'm going to get slapped by some lady if I continue any further, I bid you gentlemen good day.

I'm still waiting to know why you think Yangus is overrated. Give me one of your ridiculously long posts for an explanation you super solo playthrough monster! (No offens- no wait, I MEAN OFFENSE! {shakes fist in rage})

It is simple truth.  Search your heart Yangus.  The force will guide you in the right direction.

No! That's not true! I'll never believe it! I'll never join your way of thinking, either! You killed my father!

Your father is really in the Antarctic with a bunch of wobbly penguins.

• Upvote 1

Your father is really in the Antarctic with a bunch of wobbly penguins.

I lol'd. Bravo, RyuCraft.

No! That's not true! I'll never believe it! I'll never join your way of thinking, either! You killed my father!

Cor...join me or blimey well die!

It is simple truth. Search your heart Yangus. The force will guide you in the right direction.

Cor...join me or blimey well die!

I'll NEVER JOIN YOU! You killed my father...AGAIN!

ENOUGH WITH THE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, where was I.......? Ah yes, I had opinions. Ahem. 1) Yuji Horii f###ed up big time by making DQX an MMO. It ensures that someday, it'll never be played again unless Square Enix rereleases the game in completely offline format. 2) Torneko has been milked for way too long. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the character, but all the side games and cameos are starting to bug me a little. 3) The only thing good about the NES DQ games is the fact that there are remakes I could play instead. Then again, the only 8-bit game whose graphics don't bug me too much is Super Mario Bros 3. However, that kinda happens when it's the first game you have ever played, or was it Sesame Street?

It ensures that someday, it'll never be played again unless Square Enix rereleases the game in completely offline format.

That's what sorta happened to Dragonball Online with Dragonball Xenoverse and with Dragon Quest, they could just pop out the story in a manga, not like Square doesn't have its feet planted in that territory too.

When was the last time the bothered with Torneko? Last console I heard of anything having to do with him was the original Playstation and technically the DS since the game he was in got a port to it. Think I saw him mentioned in DQX as a dungeon shop or something and if that's true it's just because he's the only merchant character outside of classes with him being a little something for the old fans.

Edited by Scrap

They should make a movie, all about Jessica, starring Emma Stone, but indeed Matt, indeed, one need not remind me that Gabo, the lone wolf turned boy has not a game to his name. Nor even a spot on the roster of Dragon Quest Heroes.

She'd need a significant boob job to pull that role off, and if that's the case, they wouldn't bounce like they do in the game. Sadly, she won't be taking home the Oscar for that role. Edited by Plattym3
  • Like 1

A few confessions.

I was happy to get rid of Keifer and wish I could have done so sooner. Kid was annoying.

DQ3>DQ4

Chapter 1 and 3 are the only part of DQ4 worth playing.

The way DQ8 handles Jessica makes me cringe.

DQ2 (especially the original) might just be my second favorite DQ.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely hate Chapter 4 in DQIV. Those 2 girls are such a nothing for me. I get them in Chapter 5 and can't wait to strip them of equipment for cash and relegate them to the back of the wagon.

Torneko is a great party member in Chapter 5. I use him and Ragnar as my damage dealers.

Also, I hate chapter 4 as well. Worst part of Dragon Quest 4.

Torneko is a great party member in Chapter 5. I use him and Ragnar as my damage dealers.

Also, I hate chapter 4 as well. Worst part of Dragon Quest 4.

I think the whole damage dealing is my biggest thing about chapter 4. First off, in all games I get into, I want a physical brute force attack always. Magic is for healing.

I'm too much of an MP hoarder. It takes me a long time to get used to spells in game. Every Etrian Odyssey game is partly a struggle against my instinct to just brute force it.

And the sisters have no brute force. Thus, no me gusta.

I absolutely hate Chapter 4 in DQIV. Those 2 girls are such a nothing for me. I get them in Chapter 5 and can't wait to strip them of equipment for cash and relegate them to the back of the wagon.

Am I supposed to take that out of context?

sighs...

1. Hated how really easy DQIX was.

2. Hate how we just get mobiles.  

3. Hate SE's western marketing when it involves Dragon Quest. 

Yea, their we go. 

Those are not unpopular opinions, i think almost all of us can agree with that

Heheh, yup.

Here's another one: X being an MMO doesn't bother me.

I say that because some people are REALLY against it, but I find it's pretty fun. Especially if an English version was made, because then all DQ fans could play together!

X being a MMO doesn't bother me either.

Making X for the Wii and Wii U before -ever- considering a PC version, which could've easily been released in the US in the first place...

Was dumb. Super dumb. The Wii is not a MMO system. The Wii U doesn't even have a decent install base in the US, NOWHERE near anything to justify a MMORPG.

Can you imagine a few thousand players playing DQX? At least on the Gamecube and stuff PSO had no Nintendo Network to $#!& with.

I really want Square Enix to localise DQX more than I want them to localise the remake of VII, and I'll refuse to play DQXI until I play through X first if XI gets localised before X.

I dunno if this one is a more unpopular opinion or not, but I prefer the new translations of Dragon Quest games with all the puns, alliteration, everything pretty much, more so than the originals.

I found Dragon Quest IX too much for me to handle, mainly because of the constant grinding when getting new classes and all the side quests. I've spent over 100 hours in it and I never beat it.

I only ever play the main Dragon Quest games. I never play the spin-offs.

Edited by Charski
  • Upvote 1

The only spinoff I preferred was DWM2.

And... maybe we'll get DQX as a single-player game? ?_? I dunno. It's not fesable for a large-scale MMO to come out right now. The market is saturated. Ultra-saturated.

DQVIII's voice acting isnt that good.

I think VIII's voice acting was good. I think the way they implemented it wasn't good. (That and the bitrate it was recorded at...) The timing was usually off because you had to hit a button to continue the dialogue. But what could they do, without reworking entire parts of the game?

• Like 1

No... what DQX needs...

Is...

qYUzICH.png