Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

*spoilers* Help start the DQ Baddies Contest!

Help me with logistics  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be clear, this is going to contain 100% spoilers. The. End. It's my party, cry if you want to  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:. Sorry to be blunt, but other than DQ: Heroes, we've had all these games for years and years.  If you don't want to know who's who, avoid this topic.

Last year we had the DQ Most Liked Male Contest & the DQ Most Liked Woman Contest.

Time to have a DQ Baddie contest (maybe two/three)!!!

This topic is for getting our nominations in.  You may nominate up to 100  :thumbsup:  baddies.  You have until next Sunday, March 8th at NOON EST.  I have some time that afternoon and can start the contest(s) then.  Don't forget to vote in the poll on this topic to help me figure out the logistics of those contest(s). Feel free to nominate from ANY DQ game, not just main titles.

Here's the format:

Name(s):

Game(s):

Why they're a baddie:

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss:

Picture:

Seems simple.  Let me nominate a few and show you how it's done.

Name(s): Necrosaro, Psaro

Game(s): DQIV

Why they're a baddie: Dude loses arms & legs & just evolves into something better.  He's the final boss & wants to kick you & your wagon's butt!

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Final

Picture:

necrosaro1.jpg

Name(s): Kandar, Robbin' 'Ood

Game(s): DQIII 

Why they're a baddie: He has a silver tongue.  You have to face him a couple times in DQIII.  He talks his way out of your bad graces twice after a reign of kidnapping & thievery.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Sub

Picture:

r_cut_image_mg_r009.png

Name(s): Xiphos

Game(s): DQ: Swords

Why they're a baddie: Anyone who can pull of a name that begins with X is automatically cool.

Picture:

Xiphos_Second_Form.png

Edited by Plattym3

(I might nominate others later, but here's my first...)

Name(s): Orgodemir

Game(s): Dragon Quest VII

Why they're a baddie: Well, he erased 99% of the world, for one thing. :P He also has much more impact on the story than most DQ villains, in my opinion.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Final, and then I guess Sub, too, since you fight him on Disc 1, too.

Picture:

orgodemir_from_dqmbv_by_natreg-d46mqzk.p

Edited by gooieooie

NOMINATION 1

Name(s): Orgodemir  (yeah, I know Gooie used him already, but I wanted to emphasize his evilness, and deserving of a place in this contest)

Game(s): Dragon Quest VII

Why they're a baddie: Believes he killed God, sealed off the world to terrorize its individual parts, also allowed it to be restored at a later date after he's feasted on the soul, sins, and negative emotions of the people he commissioned the destruction of, in the guise of a false God, only to rule over the world indefinitely, unchallenged, and feed forevermore on the suffering of the denizens of the world.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Final Boss

Picture: http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dw7psx/monster/orgodemir1.gif

NOMINATION 2

Name(s): Mortamor

Game(s): Dragon Quest VI

Why they're a baddie: Conquered the world at least a millennium ago.  In mockery and to prevent any challengers to his rule, had particular places in both the world of Souls, the Dreamworld, and the Realworld, sealed off.  Two of which he destroyed in the Realworld, then sealed off in the Dreamworld.  then proceeded to kidnap hapless victims through various means, from both worlds, bring them to his own self-created world...yes, he's that damn powerful, and had them tortured and corrupted through various means, all to send their lifeblood and energy to him to feed his soul and grow stronger.  Nevermind he sent his greatest lieutenants to maintain the five seals, and ripped the Dreamworld from its normal position, and dragged it much closer to the Realworld, placing his chief servant in charge of maintaining this corruption of existence.

Picture: http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dqm1_2psx/monster/deathmore3.gif

NOMINATION 3

Name(s): Bishop Ladja

Game(s): Dragon Quest V

Why they're a baddie: Killed the main's father in front of him, assuring his utmost suffering and terror for his son, the main, prior to his passing.  Kidnapped hundreds, potentially thousands of people, into slavery to build a temple to worship his master.  Constantly reappears specifically to torture the Hero.  While all of his actions are at the behest of Korol, to assure their master Nimzo's ascendancy after breaking down the barriers to the world of light, he thoroughly enjoys his work and how he carries out his orders is his choice alone.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Sub Boss

Picture: http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq5ps2/monster/gema.png

NOMINATION 4

Name(s): Zoma

Game(s): Dragon Quest III

Why they're a baddie: Um...let's see, what didn't this guy do?  Takes over one world, seals off a particular part of it, has been tormenting his hapless victims, keeping them alive for an untold length of time, because...it's fun, and frankly if he kills them all off, there's no-one to torment.  Desires to take over a new world, so opens a portal to it, in a manner creating a pit in the new world, creating a lovely parallel to the dark world being "underground", despite that it's just a wholly separate world.  One has to wonder the choice of entry point was done on purpose to just emphasize his evil.  The problem?  He breaks into OUR world.  Yeah, that's right, Earth.  Zoma is liken to a voodoo undead witch doctor, taken straight out of the annals of historical concepts of dark underworld Gods, one has to wonder if he might not be the actual source of evil in this world!  No, I'm not serious, but it's fun to speculate that maybe Horii tapped into something...  He spawns in monstrosities from who knows where, that look like diabolical dinosaurs (I wonder if this has something to do with Picollo having been recently created just prior to DW3's development, since Baramos looks eerily similar to Picollo's first henchman).  The guy's opening speech when we're first introduced, after defeating his captain, Baramos, is nothing short of the perfect evil phrase to use...skeletor should take notes from this guy.  His second bit of dialogue, upon defeating his minions before his throne, is just as badass, indicating you're about to face the universal ultimate form of evil.  I mean...how does this guy NOT belong on this list?  He does AND says all the right things.  Oh, and if that weren't enough, his final boss music is testimate to just how vial and menacing this baddie is.

Picture: http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq3andios/monster/zoma.png

NOMINATION 5

Name(s): Dragonlord

Game(s): Dragon Quest

Why they're a baddie: The primordial Dragon Quest badguy.  Need I say more?  Oh, all right.  His list of evil doing!  He sets fire to Tantegel with his dragon horde.  Burns the bridge so no one can get to him, burns all ships so no one can get to him.  Steals the princess and seals her away in a cave with his pet dragon.  Destroys Hauksness and puts his best knight to guard the legendary Armour of Loto.  Seals the other Loto equipment.  Uh, yeah, that's about it.  Oh right, and he taunts the Hero, then offers his lordship for his life.  I suppose that's politics and being polite, but the man knows full well he's asking a guy who grew up with the blood of a Hero, who defeated a much stronger big bad, to lay down his honour and heritage.  Oh right.  Raids and torture, and um, general menacing attitude and threats of domination.  Sounds about right.  Oh, and his DQ9 incarnation just spells out badass in black and white.  Oh, you think he's easy because at level 1 your party can railroad him?  Bring him up to 70, we'll talk then.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Final AND, because of just how fantastic a battle it is after pumping him up a bit, Bonus Boss

Picture: http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq9ds/monster/dragonlord.png

I think I might up the nominations to 10 just to see what ignasia7 does next!

I had meant to just cut and paste nominations. I may need to paraphrase his a bit

Or you could stick them into spoilers. That way you could cut and paste, and it would still keep the post a reasonable size :P

Um... 

King Hydra

Kinghydra_DQIII_NES.gif

One of the penultimate bosses in DQ3, you don't even get to fight him really, your DAD does, and he, well...

• Upvote 1

Or you could stick them into spoilers. That way you could cut and paste, and it would still keep the post a reasonable size

True...

Um... 

King Hydra

Kinghydra_DQIII_NES.gif

One of the penultimate bosses in DQ3, you don't even get to fight him really, your DAD does, and he, well...

That rat bastard patricidal maniac!  He deserved the sword to the gullet the first time.  Then all his brothers and sisters in the bonus dungeon...make him wish he wasn't born.  LOL, yeah that's actually a good sub-boss to bring up.  Doesn't speak, just attacks.  He's just a cold-stoned killer with multiple heads!

Indeed, you could always just paraphrase, make it your own Platty!  I didn't think what I wrote was going to be used, but if you want, go for it.

Indeed, you could always just paraphrase, make it your own Platty! I didn't think what I wrote was going to be used, but if you want, go for it.

Why wouldn't I use them? My laziness is legendary! Ask my wife.

Whatever you all write will be better than my 1 liners. Did you read my Xiphos description!?

Indeed, you could always just paraphrase, make it your own Platty! I didn't think what I wrote was going to be used, but if you want, go for it.

Why wouldn't I use them? My laziness is legendary! Ask my wife.

Whatever you all write will be better than my 1 liners. Did you read my Xiphos description!?

Lazy indeed, but a damn fine description if I ever read one!

• Upvote 1

NOMINATION

Psaro the man slayer

Game Dragon quest IV

Why he is a baddie he obliderated the hero's home village just so he could destroy all man kind becuse of some humans going after an elf he ceared aboute

So far:

Final Boss

Necrosaro, Psaro the Manslayer

Orgodemir

Mortamor

Zoma

Dragonlord

Subboss

Kandar, Robbin' 'Ood

Bishop Ladja

King Hydra

Bonus Boss

Spinoff Bosses

Xiphos

Edited by Plattym3

Well, we have 5 more days. I'm hoping we get about 10 nominations (some will be less) for each category.

You know what? I'm going to make the nominations unlimited (just don't go crazy). We've had tons of people vote, but not a lot of nominations. Feel free to nominate away!!

Name(s): Dragon Quest III

Game(s): Baramos

Why they're a baddie: The "Demon Lord". Likes to eat innards. Set up as the main antagonist.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Sub Boss

Picture:

3789568_f520.jpg

Edited by DarkBaramos

Here's a few more nominations by me:

Name(s): God, Neuman

Game(s): DQVII

Why they're a baddie: He's God.  'Nuff said.

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Bonus

Picture:

GOD.jpg

Name(s): Estark

Game(s): DQIV, DQV, DQM: Joker 2

Why they're a baddie: He may be a little sleepy, but he'll pack quite the punch

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Sub (DQIV) & Bonus (DQV, & Joker 2)

Picture:

28-esturk.jpg

Name(s): Hellcloud

Game(s): DQVII

Why they're a baddie: When you encounter him for the first time, unless you've been overleveling or using classes super-well, he's going to be Hell for you!  He can call up others to help fight.

Picture:

mqdefault.jpg

So far:

Final Boss

Orgodemir

Mortamor

Zoma

Dragonlord

Subboss

Kandar, Robbin' 'Ood

Bishop Ladja

King Hydra

Baramos

Hell Cloud

Bonus Boss

Estark

God, Numan

Spinoff Bosses

Xiphos

Darck

1: Zoma

Game: DQIII

Why: Ok, so this guy sealed the goddess Rubiss into a statue, tormented an entire realm plunging it into eternal darkness for untold generations just for fun. After tiring of torturing one realm he decides to tear open a hole in space/time/realms to invade earth. Real earth. Not only does he invade our world he does it without the world even knowing through his pawn Baramos. Once defeated he manages to seal the hero in a new world far away from home and family and even predicts the rise of the Dragon Lord and laughs because it will be after the hero is long dead. What makes him the most bad*** though is that he did it all without getting dressed, and was wearing a robe and slippers

Final Boss

0f1ef5aebcd9db2b5516d79bb3e1ec71.jpg

2: Orgodemir

Game: DQVII

Why: He took on God and was winning. He also managed to destroy 99% of the world using many, many minions. After defeating him he pulled a piccolo from DBZ and made a copy of himself, a copy that would assume the role of God and fool even the most loyal of knights Melvin, even if for a short period of time. Oh also not only did he win against God but demigods or elemental spirits as well. Plus he did it all while looking stunning, well at least in his mind.

Mid and final boss

dd92fd4dd67d1518523ca41585d12ef6.jpg

3: Aamon

Game: DQIV

Why: Psaro, the baddy who destroys a whole town looking for the hero or has children kidnapped to prevent the hero from growing up, yeah bad but what about the guy pulling the strings? Aamon is the one manipulating the whole thing while pretending to be on Psaro's side even fighting the heroes as one of his protectors. But instead he is the one trying to find the ultimate secret of evolution and even uses Psaro as his own experiment. Pretty devious. plus he is named after a demon, never trust someone with the name of a demon.

Sub boss and bonus boss.

4d3f0f43335f3c7dc678b499a9da6a14.jpg

4: Bishop Ladja

Game: DQV

Why: ok he has a child's father killed and then sells him into slavery. Enough said

Boss

eae586a7d6bb6d8a0ad86467702ab93f.jpg

5: Hargon

Game: DQII

Why: ok not an obvious pick but he is pretty bad. He decides to destroy one of the castles that is home of a descendant of Roto and instead of killing them, turns them into a dog. Why? For fun, the castle had no strategic value not did they even try another town or locale. It was like "ohh a castle, let's go have fun!" Not only that but Hargon didn't want to just take over the world, he wanted it destroyed, utterly. No torment, no darkness, just the world reduced to ash. He wanted this so badly he was willing to sacrifice his own life to do so. A cult fanatic at it's finest.

Semi-final boss

1e26aa3919bf05e70785764368785e4d.jpg

1: Zoma

Game: DQIII

2: Orgodemir

Game: DQVII

3: Aamon

Game: DQIV

4: Bishop Ladja

Game: DQV

5: Hargon

Game: DQII

Ladja, Zoma, and Orgo were already nominated. I'll add the next two though. Good calls!

Final Boss

Orgodemir

Mortamor

Zoma

Dragonlord

Hargon

Subboss

Aamon

Kandar, Robbin' 'Ood

Bishop Ladja

King Hydra

Baramos

Hell Cloud

Bonus Boss

Estark

God, Numan

Spinoff Bosses

Xiphos

Darck

Edited by Plattym3

Yeah I noticed after posting, I've been working on this post for quite a few hours now on and off at work.

Yeah I noticed after posting, I've been working on this post for quite a few hours now on and off at work.

Well, I'll use your descriptions over mine. Nothing wasted!

Name(s): Hades Nelgel

Game(s): DQX

Why they're a baddie: At the end of the offline campaign, he not only destroys your home village, but also seals the Human continent by slicing a hole in the sky! If that's not badass, I don't know what is. And that scythe, it's SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture: o0700074612932067692_zpsh4gr5wms.png

Awesome! Our first DQX entry!

Name(s): Dark Dream, Nokturnus

Game(s): DQVI

Why they're a baddie: Dude is arguably the hardest super boss in the series.  He's routinely the hardest monster to defeat in almost every game he's been in (see DQIX grotto)

Sub, Final, or Bonus Boss: Bonus

Picture:

monster1.gif

Name(s): Corvus

Game(s): DQIX

Why they're a baddie: Corvus is the final boss and the true antagonist in Dragon Quest IX. He is a Celestrian and was formerly Aquila's mentor and the guardian of Wormwood Creek, as well as the former leader of the Gittish Empire. He was captured and imprisoned for centuries, giving unto himself a hatred of all mortal life.

Picture:

250px-Corvus_official.jpg

No entries from IX or VI yet.

Fixed that.

UP-TO-DATE LIST

Final Boss

Dragonlord

Hargon

Zoma

Mortamor

Orgodemir

Corvus
Hades Nelgel

Subboss

Aamon

Kandar, Robbin' 'Ood

Bishop Ladja

King Hydra

Baramos

Hell Cloud

Bonus Boss

Estark

God, Numan

Nokturnus, Dark Dream

Spinoff Bosses

Xiphos

Darck

Edited by Plattym3

Name(s): Malroth

Game(s): DQII

Why they're a baddie: Appeares out of absolutely nowhere at the end-game just to completely screw you over! That God Hargon was trying to sacrifice you to? You're lookin' at him!

Picture:

Game02.jpg

Name(s): Murdaw

Game(s): DQVI

Why they're a baddie: Who is Murdaw? You know that weird silhouette at the beginning of the game who makes your main characters float around in the sky and then explode? Murdaw. The guy who has complete control over more then 50% of the planet? Murdaw. That guy who everybody is talking about how long it will take for him to take complete control over both the Dream and Real World? That is Murdaw. He's a master of illusions, with a power over the Dream World so powerful you needed the ancient Mirror of Ra just to fight him! And even then, come on! You fight the guy three times, that's as many times as the final boss! Plus he's the very first boss to have double trouble. Odds are if you played the game, you died a lot on this guy. He is also the first sub-boss in the history of the series to have his own boss music, and to date the only boss that does besides him is Dhoulmagus. Not to mention, his badass boasts are just the best... The only villains that can give this guy a run for his money speech-wise would have to be Zoma and Nimzo.

Picture:

026.jpg

...And speaking of Nimzo.

Name(s): Grandmaster Nimzo

Game(s): DQV

Why they're a baddie: This guy is most literally responsible for everything that happens! He was behind Bishop Ladja and King Korol! He was the God that they built that temple for! Your mother, your father, everything that happened links back to Grandmaster Nimzo. He outright says that all his minions were just pawns! Bishop Ladja, that guy who killed your father, was just a pawn to this guy! Plus once you finally find him... this guy really knows how to give a badass speech... This guy is just vile... plus in the DS remake, he seems to have the power to get a desperate attack whenever the hell he feels like it. 

Picture:

r_cut_image_md_r003.png

Edited by Hoshino22

Name(s): Corvus

Game(s): DQIX

Why they're a baddie: While the story in IX is a little underwhelming, I did find Corvus to be pretty interesting. A fellow Celestrian who, over time, became more and more corrupted until he becomes the beast you see in IX. My memory is a little fuzzy there, but I really found it interesting to see him at the very end, reunited with his love. The ending was cool, and Corvus' backstory, although layed out pretty quickly, was pretty interesting.

Sub, Bonus, or Final: Final, plus Sub a bit earler on.

Picture: device I'm using to post this is crappy with posting photos. I'll update this with a photo soon!