Sign in to follow this  
ChucklesProduction

Dragon Quest II & III iOS soundtracks

Can someone please send me the music files or MP3 files from these two games so I can put it together for release? When that's done I'll make a link here.

They're compressed/encrypted, otherwise I'd have done it myself by now.

Damn, I need to find the person who ripped the first one ask how he/she did it.

I think it was actually Erdrick the Hero.  The thing is, when he ripped the DQ1 soundtrack, it was from the initial version of the Japanese release (bundled with the portal app) which did not have encryption enabled at the time.  It was much simpler to do at that time. 

I think it was actually Erdrick the Hero.  The thing is, when he ripped the DQ1 soundtrack, it was from the initial version of the Japanese release (bundled with the portal app) which did not have encryption enabled at the time.  It was much simpler to do at that time. 

This.

They encrypted all the files in an update the day after I uploaded DQ1's soundtrack. They then continued to use that encryption in DQII and DQIII. Oddly enough, they haven't used it for IV, V, or VIII.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I'm going to do line-in recordings on all three then. Might as well do the first one too so the tracks can loop and such.

Edited by ChucklesProduction

The tracks for the first one already loop.

Sign in to follow this