Dragon Quest Heroes - Western Release Announcement

My original DS also ran into shoulder button problems too.  They both stopped working.  I even had a repair shop fix them and 2 months later they stopped working again.  And it's not like I was playing action games all time.  I was playing games like...DQIX.  I upgraded to the 3DS at that point.  I get what Fur was saying about the graphical issues, assuming he was talking about the 3D.  The New 3DS box even brags about how the discoloration and blurriness is improved from before.  With the old 3DS's if you weren't looking at the screen completely head on and holding it very still, it wouldn't look right.  Now the new 3DS tracks your face and the 3D is a LOT better.  They are also a lot better about being able to see the screen in a bright environment.  I upgraded to a New 3DS because the A button on my original 3DS stopped working.  Repair shop said the motherboard was going out.  Although it was a used system so who knows what happened to it before.     

I don't get the complaint about the original 3DS slider.  Yes it was very loose on the old 3DS's but, why... and how...would you get your fingers up there during game play?  Also I used the circle pad and the D pad, depending on what I felt like, and had no problems with either.  

Erdrick:  Nintendo published a lot of DQ games recently for the DS.  I was hoping they would continue that trend with the 3DS.  Nope.  Big fat goose egg on the 3DS with 5 DQ games so far.  So they and Squeenix can go suck an egg.        

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest Heroes II: All The Others.

There's been more than a few DQ entries for Sony consoles.  DQVII, DQVIII, Torneko no Daiboken 2 (The Last Hope), Torneko no Daiboken 3, that Yangus dungeon crawler, a DQIV remake, a DQV remake, DQM I

I can't help but laugh. I own a Wii, Wii U, PC, 3DS, and a PS3. Of all the Dragon Quest games and their various versions, they pick the only game version for a system I don't own.   I can only assum

I must be much more of a casual gamer. I've never had a Nintendo product break. Ever.

I'm a casual gamer (now). But I went through 2 Phats, 2 Lites, 1 i, sold my DSi XL, the hinge on my 3DS original was super-wonky when I got my 3DS XL, and when I finally sold my XL? Damn thing was loose there too.

I'm a big guy. I'm not good with shoddily-made handhelds that are made to fail by the time the next one comes out. (( Sorry, but Nintendo was REALLY DAMN ANNOYING with the constant hardware refreshes, and still is. ))

Point in context? I've had a PSP-2000 since it came out, it finally, FINALLY gave out early last year. All I've had to do to it is put a new joystick in it. 

Sony > Nintendo in hardware, IMO. There's reasons the Vita has ports of games like Minecraft and Terraria.

Edited by Mattcraft

It really depends. My Gameboy Advance and SP are still alive and kicking with just cosmetic damage for the most part. And of course, there's that legendary Game Boy that survived the Gulf War right?

• Upvote 1

That's... odd.

I had an old GBA SP for -years-, and the hinge -never- failed on it.

Well, the SP's hinge was like 85% of the whole support and it was small to begin with. The one on the original DS was like 20% and it was twice as long and four times as thick.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so pumped about this game's release, I will actually purchase a PS4 so I can enjoy this game properly.

I like all the playable characters they have so far and hope to see more as time gets closer for the release.  Perhaps there may be DLC for this game too?

There's DLC in Japan.

Many stores are taking pre-orders for this game already. Go reserve your copy now!

Damn, I didn't even think about that! That's a missed opportunity if you ask me since VII was a PS1 game in the first place. Perhaps we'll see Kiefer or Aira in future DLC?

Supposedly more characters are coming.

Ironic considering it was one of the few entries on a Sony console.

There's been more than a few DQ entries for Sony consoles.  DQVII, DQVIII, Torneko no Daiboken 2 (The Last Hope), Torneko no Daiboken 3, that Yangus dungeon crawler, a DQIV remake, a DQV remake, DQM I+II remake, and two Fortune Street games. 

• Upvote 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II: All The Others.

Copyright that right now!

Take my money!

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING RUMOUR HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANY OFFICIAL SOURCES.

I've been asking around about a Dragon Quest Heroes. A GameStop employee told me he heard that it's scheduled for an October release. However, he could not confirm, as their database still lists a placeholder date.

That font, AGH!

Guys, hire me. I've got lots of great typefaces, do a good job, and I'm pretty cheap.

• Upvote 1

Told ya'll it wasn't gonna be holey heroes.

Neat subtitle though.

That font, AGH!

Guys, hire me. I've got lots of great typefaces, do a good job, and I'm pretty cheap.

Yes, for the subtitle they used the same crappy font as the mobile port subtitles... But on the bright side, WE HAVE THE SWORD T AGAIN! YAY! WOOHOO!