Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Dragon Quest Heroes - Western Release Announcement

I already got my PS4 last year scrubs. Got dat Bloodborne coming next month and freakin Persona 5. I imagine the DQ series will have a long future on the PlayStation 4 if Heroes does well.

Ha. Persona 5 was announced as a PS3 exclusive originally. It was only a few months ago that it was announced to also be coming out on PS4.

You'd have a better argument if you said Kingdom Hearts III. :P

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

I already got my PS4 last year scrubs. Got dat Bloodborne coming next month and freakin Persona 5. I imagine the DQ series will have a long future on the PlayStation 4 if Heroes does well.

Ha. Persona 5 was announced as a PS3 exclusive originally. It was only a few months ago that it was announced to also be coming out on PS4.

You'd have a better argument if you said Kingdom Hearts III. :P

Eh, there's alot of reasons to have a PS4 at this point.  Like Uncharted 4 and Disgaea 5 among others.  Bloodborne especially.  Can't wait for that.

Also in other news, the free DLC coming out includes Alena's original costume.  The pants, tunic and shoulders are back.  This is the best news.  I'm much more excited now.

l_54ee90cb65c51.jpg

Edited by Sackchief

I'm kinda in the same boat as eal... the only system that this game could have come out on in the US where I wouldn't be able to play it was the PS4. :ws-slimemad:    

Anyway, I DO own a Vita, however... So how does the PS4/Vita streaming connection work? Is it only certain PS3/4 games that are able to be streamed to play using the Vita? Or is it not really 'streaming', but more of 'cross-play' where the game just works on both systems? Does DQ Heroes have this option?

Every single PS4 game can stream to the Vita.  Sony made it a requirement for developers to make it like that.

• Upvote 1

I'm torn. I'm glad this is coming westward, and I do want it, but I really would rather not have to get a PS4. May not have a choice if DQXI does end up being PS4 exclusive as some speculate. Time will tell, though.

Well, I'll get DQH on something or another. Looks awesome.

Ah, those mixed feelings... my 3DS and Wii U are craving for localizations of so many awesome DQ games and then we get a PS4 game. And it's "just" a Dynasty Warriors style game. I mean, yeah, it looks like fun, but I could just play Hyrule Warriors if I wanted something like this - I don't think I should by a new console for it. I will probably buy a copy to support DQ and have it in my collection, though.

I don't know if this is really a good sign for DQ in the west. As many mentioned before, I believe all credit goes to Koei while SE wouldn't have bothered. If DQXI comes to western PS4s, I will reconsider to buy that dang console ;).

• Upvote 1

Reaĺly, I don't think we are getting any DQM titles is because of the popularity of Pokémon in the US. Sales of say, DQM1 would pale in comparison to the Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Mobile though? I want monster light. But we're getting FF record keeper?

Reaĺly, I don't think we are getting any DQM titles is because of the popularity of Pokémon in the US. Sales of say, DQM1 would pale in comparison to the Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Mobile though? I want monster light. But we're getting FF record keeper?

Last year I played the hell out of DQM Super Light! That'd be fun.

I was gonna get Super Light but I didn't wanna go through the hassle of setting up a Japanese iTunes account. Also, I couldn't think of a Japanese address to use.

Just look up the address of a hotel. I used one from either Osaka or Tokyo. (I don't remember which - I looked up hotels in both cities though.)

PS4 only? I quit.

Edited by GrandAlchemist
  • Upvote 1

This is one of your only posts in the last few months. You already quite. :P

The only thing about this is it's getting me nervous about the possibility of us getting just the PS4 version of Persona 5.

Just look up the address of a hotel. I used one from either Osaka or Tokyo. (I don't remember which - I looked up hotels in both cities though.)

I guess iTunes doesn't really care if you're lying about your address if you can get away with using a hotel address?

Edited by eal

No... let me put it this way.

Nintendo dominates the "Pocket Monster" market. Any game that is remotely similar is immediately compared to Pokemon, then tossed.

DQMJ and J2 did not sell well compared to Pokemon. SE likely released them here (( and they did )) to capture the lull of time inbetween Pokemon releases.

They made back the cost of the localization and sold a few copies.

The only people that really like DQM as it is are fans of the series. Other people pick it up to bide time until Pokemon. 

So...

Why release DQM1 or DQM2 on the 3DS when there's Pokemon releases pratically every year now, with little lull?

And on Persona 5, I hate to say it, but I agree with Fur. Atlus has given us Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Vita Golden, Persona Arena, an EXPANDED SEMI-SEQUEL Arena Ultimax, that Eterian Oddessey thing, and a DANCING GAME WTF.

If the PS3 is still a viable platform by the time 5 comes... well, it's coming this year, and in the US at that. We'll get it on the PS3 and PS4.

Dragon Quest Heroes being a PS4 exclusive... I think is a SE thing.

And to be frank? It makes me think DQXI is going to be on the PS4 and XB1. Heroes is a call to us. "Hey guys! Get a PS4! Or a XB1!"

Of all game companies, Atlus is indeed one of the most reliable. Still, until we get confirmation that we are getting the PS3 version (it was confirmed we were getting it well before a PS4 version was announced, so plans are subject to change).

And don't knock Dancing All Night. It combines my two new loves of 2014: Persona 4 and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva, with remixes of the Persona 4 soundtrack.

EDIT: revised my statements a little.

Edited by eal

I'm oddly... well..

Atlus, NIS, and Marvelous AQL seem the most ones keen to bring us -any- JRPG. Neptunia is what... up to 5 now?

Check out my YouTube page on DQH been playing. Though I don't understand Japanese, it is still fun. ericleyba is my YouTube

Never played a Dynasty Warriors game in my life but Hyrule Warriors is quite good. A LOT of content. It's gonna take months to do it all. A lot of people have been commending their DLC too but I don't care enough about the content to buy any. They've given a bit away though. Like, I'm talking entire characters, not just maps or new weapons or anything.

Never played a Dynasty Warriors game in my life but Hyrule Warriors is quite good. A LOT of content. It's gonna take months to do it all. A lot of people have been commending their DLC too but I don't care enough about the content to buy any. They've given a bit away though. Like, I'm talking entire characters, not just maps or new weapons or anything.

>.>...get the DLC, it adds more, alot more.  Even get to control Ganon and wreck havoc once thats out. 

The only thing about this is it's getting me nervous about the possibility of us getting just the PS4 version of Persona 5.

I guess iTunes doesn't really care if you're lying about your address if you can get away with using a hotel address?
I don't think anybody actually checks the address unless they need to contact you by mail. It's all automated, and their computer system probably doesn't know it's a hotel.

At least the DLC for DQ Heroes seems free thus far. I imagine there will be paid DLC in the future though. Probably why they kept the character cound pretty low.

I'd buy a DQ6 character pack though. Just to get Hassan and Barbara in the game.

• Upvote 1

I believe Deborah is paid DLC.

Wench! Harlot!

knew she was only in it for the money.

• Upvote 1