Yeah, you definitely find the Zenethian armor in all three games, but other than that there is no real connection. I can see the argument of connecting the worlds, but in say, 7 & 8, where can you make connection to future and past games?

DQVII and VIII are 2 alternate universes from the main Zenithian/Erdrick universe

Also there are connections

DQVI is the earliest, the Zenithian armor is named after something unknown and Botsu brings Zenithia to its greatest height

Estark appears in DQV, and it is canon due to Madason finding his canononically strongest shield there

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool read, just FYI the "Dragon Quest Item Storybook is no longer available on Archive.org, I grabbed the "Dragon Quest IV - Legend in the Dark" just in case it disappears as well.

This.   Unless the worlds go through some crazy apocalyptic $#!& that requires all life to start over and reshape the entire world, there's not a timeline for the entire ser

Huh, how'd this get to be two pa-  

Where can you point to that says or hints at that says its an alternate universe?

Well with DQVII, when Kiefer enterred the DQII world, he went through a portal to another realm, Torland. Torland is just a lower part of the DQIII world

With the DQVIII world, I am not too sure, but in the intro when Young Yangus goes outside of the cave, it is portrayed as if he went to some other world, the Zenithian world, but I am not too sure on that.

I have not seen much with DQM3 or YY though, I am not even sure if DQM3 is just an illusion or not

If you're not even sure about some of the games, it seems silly you're trying to place them into a timeline.

• 4 years later...
On 2/20/2015 at 1:21 PM, SamTheWeebo said:

I know I posted this a while ago, but looks like the topic was removed. Also new games have been released.

If there was a Dragon Quest time line like the Zelda timeline what do you think it would be and why? We all know the Roto trilogy basically goes Dragon Quest III- Dragon Quest- Dragon Quest II, and the Zenithian timeline basically goes Dragon Quest VI- Dragon Quest IV- Dragon Quest V. But where on the time line would these two trilogies relate to eachother and where would the newer games fall?

I personally have the feeling that Dragon quest IX would fall twords the begining because of the whole demons and god motief. That may then be followed by Dragon Quest VII, a time when god stops playing as much of a direct role in the worlds. Drragon Quest VIII is an odd one maybe that would take place between VII and Either the Roto trilogy or zenithian trilogy. Also seeing as how there are two worlds seperated from each other in the Roto trilogy it's easy to wonder if the first world in Dragon quest III gave rise to any of the other worlds in the game series. I mean Zenith does sort of appear in Dragon quest III. So yeah what would your time line be?

Forgot to mention the Dragon Quest monsters games. Obviously Dragon quest Monsters Caravan Hearts takes place in the Dragon Quest II world so that really confuses where Dragon Quest VII would be in the timeline. As the game features a trip to Dragon Quest II's world far after Dragon Quest II takes place. Also Caravan hearts has one of the heros from VII so unless there is time and space travel going on, my previous theory about Vii taking place far before the Roto trilogy would be in question.

IX has The Erdrick/Roto Equipment so it has to take place after or during the Roto/Edrick trilogy AKA the first trilogy. Erdrick's/Roto's Sword is found in the final dungeon as the Rusty sword.

Edited by Goldheartbell1
punctuation
  • 2 months later...

Might as well post it here, since it's a Timeline post... 😁

My revisited and up-to date Timeline theory. 

Google Doc- Timeline Theory

Cool read, just FYI the "Dragon Quest Item Storybook is no longer available on Archive.org, I grabbed the "Dragon Quest IV - Legend in the Dark" just in case it disappears as well.

• Like 2

Ah darn it! I downloaded some pages when it was still on the site. I guess I could send those to whomever would want to see them (and the texts). 

Glad you liked the read tho! 😁

Yeah, it is very interesting how it could all fit together, good work :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hehe, thanks! It was lots of fun to make. 

I should love adding stuff about the Joker trilo/quintulogie, the worlds of Heroes and Monsters 1&2... There's still a lot of stuff to be covered. 

• Like 1
Does anyone know how many bosses used the secret of evolution? Any besides Psaro, Estark, and Nismo?
I feel if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret.