Sign in to follow this  
SamTheWeebo

Roms and Emulators

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could lead me to a good virus free GBC emulator and rom for Dragon Quest monsters. My cartrage's battery has run down or died or something so I can't really save reliabially. Any help would be aprieciated!

VBA is the better of the emulators for GBC.

But with DQ3 out on mobile? Buy DQ3 on mobile. Then when you prove it I'll happily find you a virus-free ROM.

• Upvote 1

You can try emuparadise for ROMs. Never had any problems with it.

And cue a possible moderation.

Seriously. I understand your battery died OP, but with DQ3 being accessible again, unlike how you couldn't get it 5 or 10 years ago? (( New to the series? Wanna play DQ3 "legit?" Buy a used Game Boy console and a possibly non-working copy of DW3! :D! ))

Dragon Quest 3 plays well on some more of the iOS products, and my crap-tastic $20 Android smartphone plays it flawlessly.

And cue a possible moderation.

Seriously. I understand your battery died OP, but with DQ3 being accessible again, unlike how you couldn't get it 5 or 10 years ago? (( New to the series? Wanna play DQ3 "legit?" Buy a used Game Boy console and a possibly non-working copy of DW3! :D! ))

Dragon Quest 3 plays well on some more of the iOS products, and my crap-tastic $20 Android smartphone plays it flawlessly.

We moderate that? In the good old days, someone would just shoot him a PM.

And since when does DWM = DQ3?

Edited by Plattym3

I am a dumbass, please ignore my posts in this thread. Thought he meant DW3. :W

Check EmuParadise, you can find a rom of DWM there, likely.

Edited by Mattcraft
  • Upvote 1

I am a dumbass, please ignore my posts in this thread. Thought he meant DW3. :W

Check EmuParadise, you can find a rom of DWM there, likely.

And while I was calling you on that, I did an entire load of laundry without detergent. Dumbasses all around!
  • Upvote 1

yaaaay

Eh... from a technical standpoint, 3 is not gimped. 3 is a straight port of a previous mobile phone release that was the NES version with upscaled graphics.

From our standpoint, and mine?

SE, for not using the SNES version in a time when you could? Go die in a fire for ruining my Pachisi tracks.

Are there any NDS Adaptor type devices to back-up save data from battery saves for GBA?

It would be great if there were handheld emulators (like Retron, but for GBA carts) that would back up save data (or save state) to a hard drive instead of us continuing to be dependent upon a battery with a relatively short shelf-life.  Maybe that already exists.  I don't know.  I know regular emulators can do save state in place of in-game saving, but I would buy an emulated GBA device (one that plays actual GBA carts) if it could work around the battery save issues the same way it would if you were to play illegal roms with an emulator, on a PC (for example.)

Edited by Liamland

First of all, people, KZ has said that he doesn't care if people share ROMs on the Den. I don't agree with it, but hey, "Whadayagonnado?"

Second: This belongs in the Emulation board, I think.

Third: Use VBA-M. It's the best Windows GB/GBC/GBA emulator around. There might be Mac and Linux versions, too, in fact I believe there are, but I've never used them. Download link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/

(Why are you looking at me like that? I can enjoy emulation, that doesn't mean I'm OK with piracy. I rip my own games.)

My dragon warrior III cartrage works fine :D. I actually got to the grand dragon and beat him in the game. Kinda sad that the IOS version of the game does not have that dungeon. My phone is currently too messed up to play a game on. Maybe once I fix the screen I will think of getting the games on it.

Edited by SamTheWeebo

Yeah, there are a lot of things the mobile release of DQIII doesn't have...

I think the only GBA game I would be concerned about losing data on is Circle of the Moon.  That's the only one that comes to mind, at the moment.  But I'll keep the Flash cart idea in mind.  Thanks.  I have an old GBA and an NDS Lite with a GBA slot.

I've always been pretty lax on this sort of thing in cases where your money can't possibly go to the pockets of the people who made the game.  There have been plenty of ROMs distributed around this site before and I am sure it will continue.   Not in this post though.  Nope, not right here for example.

To my knowledge none of the DQ games will play (properly or at all) on BlueStacks so PC emulation is out. It also requires a very beefy computer to even emulate a shoddy smartphone.

To my knowledge, all of the DQ games will play (and properly at that) on BlueStacks.  I have all of the DQ games currently available installed on BlueStacks (properly purchased from Google Play of course) and they work great.  That being said, BlueStacks recently adopted an annoying subscription fee structure with the alternative free version requiring you to install the "featured app of the day" in order to continue use.  As such, they have been added to my "list" and I shall discontinue use.  Really, I only used BlueStacks to test out game play a bit.  I do most of my mobile gaming on my mobile device.  Go figure...

• Upvote 1

I've always been pretty lax on this sort of thing in cases where your money can't possibly go to the pockets of the people who made the game.  There have been plenty of ROMs distributed around this site before and I am sure it will continue.   Not in this post though.  Nope, not right here for example.

To my knowledge none of the DQ games will play (properly or at all) on BlueStacks so PC emulation is out. It also requires a very beefy computer to even emulate a shoddy smartphone.

To my knowledge, all of the DQ games will play (and properly at that) on BlueStacks.  I have all of the DQ games currently available installed on BlueStacks (properly purchased from Google Play of course) and they work great.  That being said, BlueStacks recently adopted an annoying subscription fee structure with the alternative free version requiring you to install the "featured app of the day" in order to continue use.  As such, they have been added to my "list" and I shall discontinue use.  Really, I only used BlueStacks to test out game play a bit.  I do most of my mobile gaming on my mobile device.  Go figure...

I wonder how well the Android versions of Dragon Quest work on Android x86.

Windows 8.1, barring the Metro environment, is actually a pretty good OS. People are used to that widdle button though.

Set your laptop's BIOS to UEFI / Dual, and Windows 10 should work then.

From what I have seen of the ISO for Android x86 it seems to be like any other Linux Distro. Though sad part is the fact by default my GPU is not supported. 

That was a bit of fun and a pain. Got Dragon Quest 1 working the only problem have to tilt my head or the monitor to even play the game neither of which are that easy to do(base stand). I also broke the game a bit by forcing it to do portrait mode and that was because when I exited the game it didn't rotate it back to the way it was supposed to be.

I honestly think Windows 8.1 is a great operating system.

That is, if you're on a crappy tablet.

Windows 8/.1 can be made *decent* with a few tweaks, but it completely pathetic if you need any sort of backwards-compatibility. It really pisses me off that they dropped support for Windows XP - It's quite obvious that they're done supporting older software altogether. They say to update/upgrade your software, or use a similar alternative if there are no updates, if the version you currently use doesn't run on Win8/.1 - but that logic only works for productivity software! I can't just replace all my games!

It has been what, 20 years since XP?

I give MS props for supporting it so long. Does apple support the old iMac anymore? Nope.

Lol this thread went way off topic :D. But whatever it's cool. That's how conversations happen.