Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Contest #126 - What will "Holey Heroes" be?

Holey Moley!  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey there all!  It's the contest originator here at the Den, plattym3 back in action!  I was gone for a long time & have spent the past couple years doing all I can to get a punny laugh around here, but it's time to get serious again.  King Zenith & Democobot have stripped away the "emeritas" word from my title, and I'm again a Contest Mod.  Let's get right to work!

So, Squeenix (Square Enix) applied for a trademark in Europe & North America (see topic) that has riled up the Den populance into thinking that a new DQ game is coming out soon.  Theories have been batted around hundreds of times (see other topic).  The trademark is for the name "Holey Heroes".

The point of this contest is simple: predict what Holey Heroes is.  The topic will run from when I post this until 11pm EST (8pm PST) on Friday, February 27th.  You've got a little over a week to vote.  Now, I'm going to put a poll up here with games/ideas I've seen batted around.  When the topic closes, we'll all still be able to see who guessed correctly, but obviously no votes will be able to be changed.  This contest ends when we get an answer as to what "Holey Heroes" is (if we ever do), and everyone who guesses correctly will get a brand, spanking new badge from Woodus!

If you have an idea that you don't see in the poll, feel free to comment and that will be your vote!

We've seen the 400+ posts, now let's 100% scientifically see what you think...

Edited by Plattym3

You forgot the redundancy of DQHeroes: Holey Heroes!  How dare you miss that one! *feigned anger*

If you can add in more options...tack in: SE is just trolling the DQ fanbase, watching us squirm like the worms we are.

LOL, this should be fun though.  Ya'll know my position.  Let the voting roll forwards. 

It got trademarked in NA, too, but alas.

Voted VII. This will be interesting to see. :)

DQ themed (mini) golf game.

Hands down obvious answer, I win. :)

I had to alter the poll, can you change your vote (when you see it, you'll see).  Either way, you're down for mini-golf!!

You forgot the redundancy of DQHeroes: Holey Heroes!  How dare you miss that one! *feigned anger*

If you can add in more options...tack in: SE is just trolling the DQ fanbase, watching us squirm like the worms we are.

LOL, this should be fun though.  Ya'll know my position.  Let the voting roll forwards. 

Holey Dark World, how did I forget that!?  Ahhhhhh, yep, it's there now!

It got trademarked in NA, too, but alas.

Voted VII. This will be interesting to see. :)

And, fixed.  Holey Underworld, I'm rusty at this.  Thanks for the 411.

It's gonna be...

something we can never know for sure yet.

We'll just have to wait and see.

:^)

It's gonna be...

something we can never know for sure yet.

We'll just have to wait and see.

:^)

tumblr_mm2qxymdVt1rkxvzlo1_400.jpg

Where's the "Don't know, don't care" option?

Random mobile title, nothing to do with DQ.

No DQ in the trademark registration either.

Sadly had to vote "another game, not DQ related"

• Upvote 1

Dragon Quest: Holey Heroes.

I think it will be one of 4 possibilities;

DQ 7, DQ Heroes, DQ 6 mobile (I'm curious, why was 4 not made mobile?, they skipped right to 5 why?) or maybe the Theatrythem.

4 was made on mobile before 5.  Also before 1, 2, and 3 (in North America anyway).

It woulda been funnier if no one participated in the contest and the entire thread would just be you talking to yourself reminding people to submit something, anything, like the very first contest on this forum.

DQ 7, DQ Heroes, DQ 6 mobile (I'm curious, why was 4 not made mobile?, they skipped right to 5 why?) or maybe the Theatrythem.

4 is out there.

If you're curious about release dates on 4 and 5 mobile, here ya go.  4 was the second Mobile release after 8.  What's odd though, is that it does not show in the "titles from the same developer" when on the pages of any of the other mobile releases, so it almost seems like DQ4 Mobile was buried and forgotten :/ Sad thing that:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31336&p=414438

It can't be DQ6, as that already has a subtitle.  If anything they might settle on one subtitle for both the EU and NA releases, but it would be one of the two existing, Revelation or Reverie.  I do hope you were joking on that one though, given 4, 5, and 8 all had their existing subtitles used.

I'll vote for DQVII. I don't have a "hole" lot to lose.

platty you might want to add mobile to Vii 3ds

Well, crap. I can't do so now, but mention it and it'll be your vote.

It woulda been funnier if no one participated in the contest and the entire thread would just be you talking to yourself reminding people to submit something, anything, like the very first contest on this forum.

Thanks for constantly reminding me of this. Haha!

It came out last summer.

Never say it simply can't be DQ6. We got a subtitle change here, did we not?

Things can change. While I think this trademark is either a dud or some random mobile title, remember Dq7 has the Warriors of Eden subtitle.

Not OFFICIALLY in NA markets, though. We still only have the PSX version, which lacked the subtitle.

• Upvote 1

Derp derp.

It's okay to vote for VII just because it's the one I want to be true, right? 

Edited by The Mystical One

Sadly, even though the title has an alliteration and a pun, I think it will not be another Dragon Quest title. :(

I vote for DQVII! I just like to follow the majority, and all of the other ones seem... unlikely... Plus, I refuse to believe it isn't a Dragon Quest game, it simply cannot be!

...Plus looking at all the Dragon Quest games said to be in development for the anniversary, it seems most likely... Unless it's a Dragon Quest game related to DQVII that is not directly a re-release of the masterpiece! But Imma still put my money on DQVII... y'know... majority vote rules. Plus I'm just desperate at this point...