Sign in to follow this  
Eccadairius

Started Playing Fantasy Life

I bought a Nintendo 2DS and started playing "Fantasy Life". Anyone playing this game?

Soon. Soon. Trying to beat DQV tonight. Then I'll finish Etrian Odyssey Untold. Then I buy Fantasy Life finally. It just dropped $5 on Amazon.

It's alright. It feels like it could be the foundation of something a lot bigger and better.

It's alright. It feels like it could be the foundation of something a lot bigger and better.

Look at DQI compared to DQVIII. Maybe it's just a beginning of a beautiful series.

Fantasy Life 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Now with even more lives to live!

Honestly, I REALLY liked it. It's a lot like DQIX in some ways, and it had a pretty humorous plot, too. It was actually one of the main reasons I wanted to import a Japanese 3DS (besides DQ content), and so its localization was one I'd been waiting for. Maybe that's why I liked it so much? :P

Look at DQI compared to DQVIII. Maybe it's just a beginning of a beautiful series.

That's what I mean. It feels like something that can only get better as it moves forward if they keep building off the foundation it has.

The game itself though struck me as above average though. Not bad but not remarkable either.. You can kinda feel Dragon Quest IX vibes from it at times, too.

• Upvote 1

I love that game! I am a legendary wizard in it :)

• Upvote 1

The game has too much dialogue in it...

Yeah I ended up speeding through a lot of it :D

If Fantasy Life's text is too much, I don't know if you'll be ready for DQVII 3DS (if it comes). :P

Fantasy Life has a normal amount of text. I never felt the need to skip through it.

Edited by gooieooie

DQ7 would be a different story, I actually care about the stories in those games. For Fantasy Life, the story just didn't grab me and I was more interested in the Animal Crossing-with-fighting aspect of the game.

Finally started playing! 2.5 hours and I love it. Working on my battle dexterity. All I've played for a year straight now is turn based. Need to get back the sword swinging!

What did you all do life-wise? Did you switch a lot or go through life levels (whatever the stars move you through) a few times before switching?

Good ideas for bliss rewards?

Oh, and I fully intend on posting like crazy in this topic. I put 140 hours into Rune Factory. I can see the endless quests suckering me in already. I'm already sorry when I pass some people by with the ... above their heads.

Edited by Plattym3

Ive tried to start this game twice now since I got it for Christmas and keep getting distracted (relatives having surgeries, kids, work, life sucking, etc). It will happen ... eventually. :)

Finished the prologue and 1st chapter as Paladin. Feel good about my attacking. So, I switched to miner. Fun? We'll see!

So, did the company that's been localizing DQ games localize this game?  I'm absolutely loving all the puns.  I mean, this feels like DQIX's localization married a Rune Factory game.

The president of Level-5 said Fantasy Life 2 is in the works.

Unfortunately, there isn't much info, but I loved the the first one and I'm sure this one is gonna be great! :D

Unfortunately, there isn't much info, but I loved the the first one and I'm sure this one is gonna be great! :D

I knew Fantasy Life 2: Electric Boogaloo would happen! Called it!

Yeah, saw that a few days back. I really love Level-5. In fact, I'll go so far to say they're my favorite game developer (outside of the in-house DQ team). From Dark Cloud days to Layton & other fun ones, all-around greatness.

Still loving Fantasy Life. Up above 30 hours. Barely could play this week, but trying out a couple lives I thought I'd skip just for the heck of it. I've started skipping the beginning life Quests and just getting going. Too much talking. In fact, too much in general. Eventually just hammered the A button on my way through the Pirate story line in the port. Oh my god, could have have talked any more?

Despite that, I'm loving this! 2 should be awesome if they just the text by a factor of 4!

Yeah, I like Level-5 too. I hope they bring over more of their overseas releases. Youkai Watch, anyone?

I wonder if the most favorite NPCs will make a return appearance in Fantasy Life 2, I like that apple loving princess.

I wonder if the most favorite NPCs will make a return appearance in Fantasy Life 2, I like that apple loving princess.

?

All I've seen is the Apple loving woodsman. I mean, damn, he wanted 99 of them!

Put in 44 hours so far (Holy $#!& just realized I played 14 hours this weekend!). Mastered 3 lives so far (Paladin, Blacksmith, woodsman). Close on miner. I just entered and almost cleared the Ancient Ruins. Need to back there with backup, healing potions, a better sword, and more time. 3 big bosses to beat & treasure rooms to plunder.

Edited by Plattym3

Up to 50 hours. Been slow this week. Mastered Alchemy Tuesday in about 1 hour starting from scratch. I had a boatload of stuff, figured I should give it a go. It was easy.

Finished off miner.

Now, mastering my 6th life, Mercenary, was a $#!&@. All other lives has tons of stars to earn on requests and such, I didn't have to do them all to move up in rank, just a vast majority. Nope. Not for Mercenary. I had to do them all. Spent a good 3-4 hours trying to get everything, but I was failing at the damn button press attacks. Got them all but the Tornado or Hurricane one, and finally just looked online for future quests and did them. Luckily that works. Mastered #6!

Edited by Plattym3