Sign in to follow this  
Ekn2000

DQ3 Class Change - when?

I wonder when should i change my preist's and mage's class? Should i wait until i got all spells at 40? Or should i change at around 30 to other class first then change back later? I plan to change my thief to sage at around level 25 (very soon).

Thank you much. I also would like to ask another question. I find Personality changing a bit complicated. Should i use books or accessories?

I notice that when i use a book, the Personality in status screen doesn't change. Why?

If i use accessories, the new Personality title is visible, but the thing is the accessories that gives the Personailty i want (like Garter for Vamp), only has little stat improvements compared to other accessories i could use, (which may make my characters end up in undesirable Personality instead).

So which way should i do???

So i went ahead and change my thief girl to sage. I put Spectacles on to make her a Wit personality to get good message during transformation. But now I'm not sure i should build her up with Wit, Vamp (Garter), or Princess (Golden Tiara)?

Still want to know how books take effect in changing personality, since reading them doesn't change the personality title in the reader's status screen.

35-40.

To be frank, if you have a Warrior or Martial Artist? Go ahead and change them to a Thief, then powerlevel your priest. When the Thief is 30ish? Turn him into a Jester, and your Priest into a Mage.

Then get them both to 30ish. Then SAAAAAAGE them. :)

So i went ahead and change my thief girl to sage. I put Spectacles on to make her a Wit personality to get good message during transformation. But now I'm not sure i should build her up with Wit, Vamp (Garter), or Princess (Golden Tiara)?

Still want to know how books take effect in changing personality, since reading them doesn't change the personality title in the reader's status screen.

Books do change personality... if you happen to have an accessory on that also changes your personality, the accessory will win. Simple remove it to restore the personality the book gave you.

I just make all my women vamps.