Sign in to follow this  
DarkBaramos

Who's planning to get a New 3ds?

Maybe. I haven't really decided.

Yes, but not as soon as I'd hoped. This is a terrible time to get laid off.

Not anytime soon. My new one from Christmas still works fine.

I'd like to, but money's tight. Whenever I land a job I'll probably pick one up.

Once (if) Dragon Quest 7 is finally announced for the US, I will be a proud owner of ANY 3DS.

Once (if) Dragon Quest 7 is finally announced for the US, I will be a proud owner of ANY 3DS.

This is my position.  I'm holding out for DQ7 3DS.  If not, then near the end of the 3DS I'll get one anyway, and pick up all the other games I've missed (Tales...SMT...EO...etc.).

No plans to do so currently. Maybe some other time.

Unless the new Fire Emblem game absolutely REQUIRES a New 3DS, which it won't, I'm not going to feel empty without one. The only reason I ever replaced my original DS with a DS Lite was because it had a busted  hinge and Nintendo offered me an upgrade for $80 (the irony being water damage has destroyed the d-pad on the DS Lite yet my OG Nintendo DS still functions fine minus a broken hinge). And with my 3DS in tiptop condition, I see no reason to need one.

I'm feeling the same way on this one eal; If it isnt broken why fix it-

I do understand the whole "look we finally have that second stick, better battery, and acceptable WI-FI receivers we should have had in the first place" deal, that and slightly sharper graphics, but outside of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (or G if you got it early) I don't really see the need.

Its just another 200+ I'm feeding to Nintendo so they can stagnate some more of my favorite games over the course of its entire lifetime. 

I wont even get on the I bought 30+ DS games, 30+ GBA games, but only 3 (US) 3DS games since launch. 

It's been stated that the second stick was added entirely for Monster Hunter.

As of yet, no. Nintendo has made it entirely unnecessary for me - a port of Xenoblade, a game I already have, isn't going to change that.

Make me want it, Nintendo. My Fire Emblem 3DS will not be replaced so easily.

Nope.  I so won't be getting a new 3DS.  I'll borrow one of my kids' older ones if a game comes out that I must play. 

I was at Barnes and Noble and took a walk into the neighboring GameStop and the guy at the register tells me you get $100 off a purchase for a New 3DS if you trade in your old one. Honestly, not a bad deal, I might actually consider it.

I was at Barnes and Noble and took a walk into the neighboring GameStop and the guy at the register tells me you get $100 off a purchase for a New 3DS if you trade in your old one. Honestly, not a bad deal, I might actually consider it.

Well, that'd be hard to transfer all your data to then, right? It's easy with 2 working 3DSs.

Yeah, my issue is I have two full retail games downloaded on my 3DS, one that it came with (because Nintendo didn't want to include the cartridge with the bundle and would rather take up precious space on my memory card?) and another I've sunk nearly 100 hours in sooooooo..... I was planning on buying the latter game at a store at some point in case something ever happened to my 3DS but I was making that plan assuming that it would go missing or break, something out of my control. And I really don't want to start from square one with that game after two years.

How much does a 3DS go for on eBay? Buy & transfer and sell?

When my partner bought his N3DS, we asked the store to allow him to transfer his data once the trade-in was approved, and they were fine with it. I can't see a problem with most stores like that, if they know what you're talking about. 

Also, the N3DS supports a time-saving feature that alows you to pre-load a micro  SD with the old 3DS content, then wirelessly transfer the software licenses.  Unfortunately, in all transfer cases you need a wi-fi internet connection to verify the transfer with Nintendo's servers.

They sure don't make it easy to trade up.

I have one. It's pretty good. Would have loved to have known about that other method of transferring lol. I was clueless and it took forever.

The system itself is nice. second control stick could be better, but the new 3d is amazing.

I'll be upgrading to New in the middle of May after finishing high school. My current XL has taken a beating over 2.5 years of owning it. It has scratches on the top screen (very noticeable when playing in 3D) and also on the console exterior. The exterior cameras simply don't work, and trying to use them crashes the system. Plus, I currently do not have a stylus.

I view buying a new 3DS as a reasonable reward for finishing high school, and I can might as well upgrade to New while I'm at it.