Sign in to follow this  
mariosmentor

Japanese learners' homework thread

I'll admit, I'm not fluent in Japanese. I at least know enough of the language to quiz you on your studies, and maybe teach you a few things. The concept of the thread is simple: I'll type a Japanese sentence(s)  (and an explanation of the situation you're in), but the sentence will be flawed in some way, to the point where you would sound either very rude, very stupid, or both if you were actually in Japan. Your job is to point out the mistakes in the said sentence(s) and say how it should be stated. This bit is important, as manners are a big thing in Japanese culture, INCLUDING Dragon Quest X. One last thing to mention, I'll be typing any and all Japanese in Romaji, since I can't copy/paste anything in this site for some reason. Alright, let's begin.

You are meeting someone for the first time:

Ohayou! Justus-san desu ne!

@Slimeknight While it's true that you should include gozaimasu to make it more formal, this isn't exactly the answer I was looking for. Hajimemashite is actually more ideal in a situation where you're meeting someone you've never met before. There's one more flaw in this sentence, and I'm not telling what it is, even if you get it wrong this time.